QB A vs QB B

It's supposed to suggest JA's career has mirrored EJ's to this point. It conveniently omits what Allen has done with his legs. It also fails to show the difference between a guy who goes for it (Allen) vs the guy who throws a chicken ***** pass for a safe 5 yd completion on 3rd and 12 (Manwell).

I have some skepticism about Allen, but I had been done with Manwell by this stage of the game.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

1 minute ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

Allen plays the way I wanted EJ to play.  Allen has a great attitude but I do think some fans are too willing to overlook the very serious concerns that “haters” had about him.  

At this point, running is too much a part of his game.  Teams might not be able to do it as well as NE but the game plan on Allen is out.  Hopefully, he adjusts because I did see some nice things in the first couple of games.

The running I think is his way of overcoming not being able to make a play. The problem is, yesterday specifically, that there were plays to be made. If he would have just taken what the Pats were giving them, which he did with the drive in the 3rd, they could points on the scoreboard. And it may not be pretty but it gets the job done.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Wayne Cubed said:

Yea that's Josh Allen and EJ Manuel.

Josh does have 11 rushing TDs but as passers...

How many fumbles, both lost and recovered, does Allen have? If we’re going to give him credit for his stats with his legs (and we should) then fumbles also become relevant.

My biggest complaint about Allen is ball security. Both has a passer and a runner. He’s just careless, and you don't last long in the NFL, at any position, if you’re careless with the ball.

• Like (+1) 1

48 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

I think it was stupid how early we gave up on EJ.  You draft a guy in the 1st, you need to ride with him.  I think Allen is a lot closer to EJ than Tom Brady at this point.

that said, a big part of EJ’s problem was he played like a robot.  Allen, who I have been critical of, lays it all on the line and goes down firing. I respect that. 

Everyone in the NFL gave up on EJ. 

A big part of EJ's problem was that he's too dumb to play NFL QB.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

So we realize the Pats secondary is elite and got the best of Allen. Here's a big question for me...… there were a handful(not many, but a couple) of plays where he had a TON of time in the pocket and didn't pull the trigger. I have to wonder if everyone was blanketed or if he just didn't see what he needed to see. I really wanna see him nail some chunk throws in that those situations going forward against lessor secondary's.... the fan in me is hoping it was just the pats defense covering THAT good.

18 minutes ago, MDH said:

How many fumbles, both lost and recovered, does Allen have? If we’re going to give him credit for his stats with his legs (and we should) then fumbles also become relevant.

My biggest complaint about Allen is ball security. Both has a passer and a runner. He’s just careless, and you don't last long in the NFL, at any position, if you’re careless with the ball.

That'll be 13 fumbles and 4 lost

1 hour ago, BillsFan17 said:

This is the absolute worst take. Manuel was too dumb?

yes.

As soon as he got to Buffalo, he famously claimed that the BIlls playbook was easier to learn than Florida State's.  He had no idea what he was looking at---that carried over onto the field.

Nice guy,  but JPL dumb.

3 hours ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

I think it was stupid how early we gave up on EJ.  You draft a guy in the 1st, you need to ride with him.  I think Allen is a lot closer to EJ than Tom Brady at this point.

that said, a big part of EJ’s problem was he played like a robot.  Allen, who I have been critical of, lays it all on the line and goes down firing. I respect that. 

Very good point, and nice differentiation. I agree.

I was excited for EJ as I’m excited about Josh Allen.

The difference is context.

Sure, Josh Allen tries to force the ball downfield too much at times but you always feel like we have a shot in the 4th quarter. EJ never gave me any confidence that he could convert a 3rd and 16, Neither did almost every QB we’ve had since Drew Bledsoe.

Josh is different, he needs to learn want he can and can’t do. He’ll get there 

Stats are one thing, and Im a analytics guy, but you have to see the way they play for it to make sense as to why I believe n JA more. EJ looked terrified out there, Allen looks much more comfortable since coming back from injury, save for this past game. I would rather have a QB that can do it all and try to reign him in than one that doesnt look like he can make the throws.

EJs throwing motion was just so awful, throwing darts. I dont think EJ ever looked as comfortable as Allen has looked in the pocket through the first 3 weeks. But this NE was bad bad bad.

Edited by jletha

Just now, apuszczalowski said:

After how many years did the NFL give up on EJ? He was still on a roster until this offseason......

GM's aren't universally celebrated for their brains either.  JP took a while to convince the dumbest GM's he wasn't fit for the league as well. 

5 hours ago, ******* said:

Quarterback A: 248-451, 2,977 yards, 6.6 yards per attempt, 13 touchdowns, 18 interceptions, 13 fumbles, 8-7 record.

Quarterback B: 256-437, 2,810 yards, 6.4 yards per attempt 16 touchdowns, 12 interceptions, 7 fumbles, 6-8 record

guess who 

Stats are for losers...especially when they are cherry picked.  EJ Manual had 339 career rushing yards over parts of 5 seasons.  Josh Allen has 762 rushing yards in 16 career appearances.  But they are 'equal' because the yards per attempt are similar.  bull####.

Honestly, I am starting to sour on a lot of the Buffalo fans with the constant Allen negativity on here.  The dude is a competitor.  He is going to make mistakes.  He is going to have his struggles.  But I don't give a *****, ask me the one QB in the NFL that I want in the 4th quarter to lead my team back and I am taking Josh Allen.  Bills beat the Patriots if Josh Allen is on the field at the end of the game.  Plain and Simple.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

4 hours ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

Allen is closer to EJ than the best QB of all time? Are you sure about that?

3 hours ago, Mr. WEO said:

Everyone in the NFL gave up on EJ. 

A big part of EJ's problem was that he's too dumb to play NFL QB.

He was on the Chiefs until he retired this offseason.  But what does Andy Reid know about qbs?

of course you were the guy laughing about Mahomes last offseason. 

Edited by C.Biscuit97

21 hours ago, Mr. WEO said:

yes.

As soon as he got to Buffalo, he famously claimed that the BIlls playbook was easier to learn than Florida State's.  He had no idea what he was looking at---that carried over onto the field.

Nice guy,  but JPL dumb.

That in no way proves your point. Considering Hackett was a first time OC. Entirely possible, seeing as how bad he was in Buffalo, that his offensive system wasnt overly intricate or hard to grasp.

On 9/30/2019 at 7:09 AM, Dopey said:

I'm a big time FSU fan. The problem with EJ was he waited for the receiver to get open, then throw it to him. He could get away with that in college. Not in the NFL. DB's are too good. Josh has the tools and has shown the ability to throw a receiver open, to a degree. IMO, EJ reached his potential as a college QB. Josh still has a ton of potential for improvement. 

And it wasn’t like he was all that great in college.  FSU fans here correctly predicted he’d be a bust at the time.

It’s a dumb comparison.  I’m sure we could find some HOF QBs who had similar stat lines after 15 games if we tried.

• Like (+1) 1