Patriots WR Julian Edelman (rib) returns to practice

HOUSE

2 hours ago, Utah John said:

Edelman is tough, and good.  I expect him to play, and play well.  He's a good outlet for Brady.  

The Bills win maybe four times out of ten in this situation (they've actually won 3 of the past 33 games, and they have a better team than in the recent past).  But it's going to be very difficult.

I don't know how he could have a "rib injury" and then be playing a few days later unless the injury is a bruised rib, or maybe a hairline fracture to a rib.

In either case, he may be feeling better, and he may be shot up with pain killers enough to play on Sunday, but there is no way the bruise or hairline fracture or fundamental, underlying "injury" is healed.

Long story short: hit the guy as hard as you can and target his ribs.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

55 minutes ago, HOUSE said:

For you guys that played football, there is no worse injury. It hurts to breath, walk, bend, reach, and a cough is the worst.

Any contact is extremely painful

I finished game playing with a broken arm.  When game ended adrenaline went away and my lower right arm went Z-shaped with clean breaks of both bones.  Wanted to play with a cast but not allowed.   Edelman will probably wear a flak jacket.  I wonder if he can find some way to make it a weapon like Gronk.

1 hour ago, Nextmanup said:

I don't know how he could have a "rib injury" and then be playing a few days later unless the injury is a bruised rib, or maybe a hairline fracture to a rib.

In either case, he may be feeling better, and he may be shot up with pain killers enough to play on Sunday, but there is no way the bruise or hairline fracture or fundamental, underlying "injury" is healed.

Long story short: hit the guy as hard as you can and target his ribs.

1 hour ago, Limeaid said:

Edited by HOUSE

20 minutes ago, Playoffs? said:

I guess... if you consider steroids and cheap shots as part of that generation. 

I honestly cant decide if I hate him or Brady more..

I can't stand the Pats either, I just like the way Edelman plays...hell, I don't even know him personally...there is that chance that I wouldn't like him!

5 hours ago, HOUSE said:

Julian Edelman is already back at practice.

The New England Patriots receiver suffered a rib injury that knocked him out of Sunday's victory over the New York Jets. He was back on the practice field Wednesday.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000001058897/article/patriots-wr-julian-edelman-rib-returns-to-practice

He won’t be wearing a red jersey Sunday. If Poyer or Hyde can line him up right a few times, we’ll be in a good spot. JE....not so much

A giant friend of mine picked me up in a bear hug and squeezed me when he was wasted on bourbon, I felt a pop in my chest. I think it was just a cartilage issue.  It was incredibly painful for two weeks, couldnt even get out of bed without losing my breath. Cannot imagine playing football with ANY type of rib injury. A couple good stern tackles and he will be less likely to enjoy his day. 

I think Edelman’s injury is worse than they’re leading on.  He may be practicing on a limited basis (to give the illusion that he’s good for Sunday), but he isn’t and won’t be close to 100% for Sunday.

For those of us who have broken or fractured ribs or a sternum, it hurts to breath let alone walk around or turn your head.  Just my suspicion that will either be substantiated or disproven depending on how JE practices today and tomorrow.

BB wants us to gameplan for Edelman.

• Like (+1) 2