Horrible Harry (Harrison Phillips) out for the year...ACL

eball

3 minutes ago, ColoradoBills said:

Like I said earlier (above), if he doesn't start playing better he has to be gone next year.

That would be my guess - he was brought in to be a steady veteran that McDermott wants in every position group.  It seems that whatever he is brining the young DLine seems to like and they are all playing better. 

They can cut him next next year or keep him as a veteran back-up depending on what Vincent Taylor or whoever else they use to fill in goes.

His playing time has dwindled as these guys show more and more.  People should be happy with that.

• Like (+1) 2

The Bills have actually been pretty lucky so far with regard to injuries.  And they have had pretty good depth to replace the injured players.  

This is football, it's a tough sport, and there are street FAs out there who have kept in shape in case a call comes in.  

6 minutes ago, Buffalo03 said:

How many snaps did Oliver play yesterday? I feel like I saw Jordan Phillip's in there more

Your eyes deceived you. Oliver: 36 snaps, 59%; Phillips: 22 snaps, 36%.

Edited by K-9

54 minutes ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

The reason is where he was drafted. He's not been good.

Keep reading that box score.

9 minutes ago, Mike in Horseheads said:

A well respected poster in the SB said he thinks Marcel could come back. @Cripple Creek thanks for the ? take.

Maybe I should unblock him and see what he has to say.?

Buffalo has two DTs on the practice squad, Kyle Peko and Vince Taylor, but I'm not sure either one is a nose tackle type, the position Harrison Phillips was playing as a rotational guy.  Harrison is smaller than is typical for a nose tackle, but he's really strong and his wrestling background helps him play with great leverage.  Peko is right around 300 lbs and Taylor is listed at 311, but he's described as having a narrow base, not what you want at nose.  I wouldn't be surprised if Beane has been checking with his pro personnel guys on who is available on the street.

1 hour ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

Kyle is going to need to un retire 

Stay in shape for the Super Bowl run! 

Sucks for HH and the team, but every team has this. Next man up. Love that guy.....get well and keep your spirits up.

The bright side is, if it happens now he should have plenty of time to be 100% next year. You can still learn if you’re not on the field.