IgotBILLStopay

My one peeve from the Giants game

my take is that they are progressing slowly and carefully with Allen. one thing at a time... that is an effective way to teach and learn. they are focused on the short passing game right now and are seeing vast improvement. i don't think they need more than that, they were winning with the short passes, no need to get aggressive until they feel Allen is ready for that.

so yes i agree i want them to go for it. but i think the reason they do not is educationally based.

• Like (+1) 1

On 9/19/2019 at 12:08 PM, ngbills said:

This plus the entire 2nd half. We had a lead and played to just hold it. Watch other teams that are used to winning in the NFL and they are not letting up like this. We let the Giants back in the game. It shows a lack of faith in Allen. I would have like to see him sling it and keep the pedal down in the 2nd half. 

Don't really understand this constant refrain I read here.   How exactly were they sitting on a lead all second half?

In the 3d quarter they had 3 short drives where they called a total of 8 passes and 3 runs. They just didn't execute.  They hurt themselves with penalties and allowed two drive killing sacks.  Then in the fourth quarter they had a long drive that burned clock and resulted in the put away touchdown.  After that, obviously they ran the ball to kill he clock in the final five minutes.

Edited by KD in CA

1 hour ago, KD in CA said:

Don't really understand this constant refrain I read here.   How exactly were they sitting on a lead all second half?

In the 3d quarter they had 3 short drives where they called a total of 8 passes and 3 runs. They just didn't execute.  They hurt themselves with penalties and allowed two drive killing sacks.  Then in the fourth quarter they had a long drive that burned clock and resulted in the put away touchdown.  After that, obviously they ran the ball to kill he clock in the final five minutes.

Yeah - i think there was a knox drop on what wouldve been a first down.  Great ball IIRC.  Another drive got messed up with a false start

They had already scored 21 points & threw for over 200 yards......  McD knows that is when to put on the brakes......  21 points from the offense & moving the ball through the air is just not allowed if a Buffalo Bill.  

Now if the D was responsible for 14 of those points that would be a different story.

Inexcusable and only to paraphrase Bruce Springsteen "like a dog that has been beat too much, you spend half your life just a covering up" that is a Bills' fan who is scared to let the offense impose it's will and score points & throw the football!!!!!

Edited by Billsfan1972
  • Haha (+1) 1