Albany,n.y.

Kroft injured his ankle today

18 hours ago, Richard Noggin said:

Someone explain to me why some Bills fans are expressing anger or derision AT Kroft himself for getting injured again? 

He probably didn't do it on purpose. 

Some Bills fans are not pleased, but, mostly because BB is playing 4D chess at our expense.  Damn those Pats**!

8 hours ago, Plano said:

Cut him. We don't need him.

Bye bye, stop wasting a roster spot.

IR, no need to cut him.

5 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

Yes. It’s amazing how much people overreact to injuries. The browns have 17 of their 23 starters in the injury report. The eagles had so many injuries they cancelled practice on Tuesday. It’s football and injuries happen, that’s why you build depth. It’s a long season. If Knox gets hurt Week 10 or something and Kroft is ready to return I’m pretty sure fans will be glad he wasn’t cut week 3 for banging his ankle in practice. The nerve of him!

Yep!

19 hours ago, ColoradoBills said:

They needed someone to cover in case they didn't get a possible starter in the draft.

It was a reach but it's also been some bad luck with Kroft so far.

They took a shot hoping the injuries were behind him. They seem to gamble a bit on players with an injury history. I think this was an overpay and a bad decision. Murphy has played well in the first two games so fingers crossed. You're not gonna get a hit every at bat, so it's not the end of the world. I'm a big Sweeney guy and Knox has potential so I'm not really concerned about this one. Just calling it like I see it.

11 minutes ago, LSHMEAB said:

They took a shot hoping the injuries were behind him. They seem to gamble a bit on players with an injury history. I think this was an overpay and a bad decision. Murphy has played well in the first two games so fingers crossed. You're not gonna get a hit every at bat, so it's not the end of the world. I'm a big Sweeney guy and Knox has potential so I'm not really concerned about this one. Just calling it like I see it.

It seemed to be an overpay for me too.  I also thought that about Murphy but he is playing well so far this year.

I'll give Kroft a little more time especially since the kids seem to be playing ok so far.

17 minutes ago, LSHMEAB said:

It is unfortunate but they at least can dump him after the season if he isn't able to get on the field much this season and take no cap hit. It is frustrating that they dumped some decent money on him but you have to think that they might have been able to spend that money in 2019 better elsewhere. 

• Thanks! (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, billsfan89 said:

It is unfortunate but they at least can dump him after the season if he isn't able to get on the field much this season and take no cap hit. It is frustrating that they dumped some decent money on him but you have to think that they might have been able to spend that money in 2019 better elsewhere. 

Yeah, but it's not really going to affect much of anything considering the Bills still have tons of cap space going into next season. It's more an issue for the owner and I think Pegs is fine. 

It'd be great if Kroft surprised and strung together a productive, healthy stretch, but it's not all that significant in the big picture if that doesn't happen. 

But yeah, it would have been nice to add a contributor at the position. We're clearly better at the position this year vs last so that's a good thing. I've criticized the FO plenty when they make mistakes and will continue to do so, but I'm not seeing this one as a HUGE gaffe. They rolled the dice and it doesn't look like they're gonna win this round. Just win more rounds than you lose. That's the key.

Edited by LSHMEAB

Just now, LSHMEAB said:

Yeah, but it's not really going to affect much of anything considering the Bills still have tons of cap space going into next season. It's more an issue for the owner and I think Pegs is fine. 

It'd be great if Kroft surprised and strung together a productive, healthy stretch, but it's not all that significant in the big picture if that doesn't happen. 

But yeah, it would have been nice to add a contributor at the position. I've criticized the FO plenty when they make mistakes and will continue to do so, but I'm not seeing this one as a HUGE gaffe. They rolled the dice and it doesn't look like they're gonna win this round. Just win more rounds than you lose. That's the key.

It's not an issue for the 2020 cap but it is wasted cap for the 2019 season. Jesse James was given a similar contract but with more guarantees but the front office was at least smart enough to not sign Kroft to any guarantee for 2020 at the very least. 

54 minutes ago, billsfan89 said:

It's not an issue for the 2020 cap but it is wasted cap for the 2019 season. Jesse James was given a similar contract but with more guarantees but the front office was at least smart enough to not sign Kroft to any guarantee for 2020 at the very least. 

James would have been by far a better option, but it's tough to know if a FA preferred a different destination, etc. I tend to believe he would have chosen Buffalo had we offered more than the contract he was given. So likely just a poor decision. Pretty much agree with what you're saying, just opining that it has less to do with cap space and more to do with choosing the wrong player. But I think that's semantics.

1 hour ago, LSHMEAB said:

James would have been by far a better option, but it's tough to know if a FA preferred a different destination, etc. I tend to believe he would have chosen Buffalo had we offered more than the contract he was given. So likely just a poor decision. Pretty much agree with what you're saying, just opining that it has less to do with cap space and more to do with choosing the wrong player. But I think that's semantics.

The Bills were reportedly interested in James but  it is hard to know yet whether he was the better option. So far he has 4 catches for 33 yards and 0 TDs over two games. Long season ahead and Kroft could return next week per reports 

Edited by YoloinOhio

4 hours ago, LSHMEAB said:

They took a shot hoping the injuries  were  injury was behind him. They seem to gamble a bit on players with an injury history. I think this was an overpay and a bad decision. Murphy has played well in the first two games so fingers crossed. You're not gonna get a hit every at bat, so it's not the end of the world. I'm a big Sweeney guy and Knox has potential so I'm not really concerned about this one. Just calling it like I see it.

I fixed it for you.  He played 46 of 48 games before breaking his foot last year, far cry from a player with an injury history.