How many times do you guys think the refs screw us?

7 hours ago, Bangarang said:

Every year it’s the same nonsense. People blame the refs because it’s easier than blaming our players and coaches. Bad calls happen to every team. To pretend like the league or officials are out to get us specifically is historically stupid.

You can write this in every thread at the forum and it won't change a thing in terms of people bitching about the refs or excuse making in general.

It's what Bills fans do because dealing with the reality is too difficult for many.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, Nextmanup said:

You can write this in every thread at the forum and it won't change a thing in terms of people bitching about the refs or excuse making in general.

It's what Bills fans do because dealing with the reality is too difficult for many.

Absolutely. It’s a little novel to see some chud make a preemptive thread about how the corrupt refs are gonna screw us Sunday because...NYC or something? ***** would be funny if there weren’t people out there that actually thought this.

8 hours ago, Bangarang said:

Every year it’s the same nonsense. People blame the refs because it’s easier than blaming our players and coaches. Bad calls happen to every team. To pretend like the league or officials are out to get us specifically is historically stupid.

It’s easier?  Not really.

to pretend like businesses (and people) don’t make decisions based on making millions and millions of dollars on an everyday basis is historically stupid.  It happens in all aspects of life.  Sports too.  If you don’t think there’s any chance of that going on in the NFL, it’s an extremely naive way of thinking 

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, NewEra said:

It’s easier?  Not really.

to pretend like businesses (and people) don’t make decisions based on making millions and millions of dollars on an everyday basis is historically stupid.  It happens in all aspects of life.  Sports too.  If you don’t think there’s any chance of that going on in the NFL, it’s an extremely naive way of thinking 

So you agree with the OP that for the last 20 years the officials have favored our opponents and tried to screw us?

15 hours ago, Sunshower said:

Opening week. We got the small market Bills going up against the big market Jets. How many times do you guys think the refs screw us? We know it’s going to be a flag fest against the Bills, do you guys have any hope that this will be a fair game? 

Wow what a ray of sunshine right before just before opening day, just what we needed. 

You must be the life of the party!?

Edited by MILFHUNTER#518
  • Haha (+1) 1

I don't think that the Bills will specifically get screwed over but I could see the refs throwing a ridiculous amount of penalties on both teams throughout the game.

20 penalties last night, that game was atrocious to watch.   I can only imagine being it worse with two younger less established teams like the Bills and Jets.   

Edited by dgrochester55

14 hours ago, njbuff said:

I am sure there will be some call that we will be flying off the handle on.

Here's a suggestion....................

Overcome it.

How much more as Bills fans can we overcome ?? 

I’m trying to step away from the ledge but it’s kind of hard to with these kind of threads 

15 hours ago, Chill said:

Now with sport gambling legal, this league is as corrupt as ever. Small market teams will always get shafted.  Patriots favoritism is the worse, most obvious. 

NFL is entertainment, not a sport. 

So your saying they need to change the name of the NFL to the WWFL. 

6 hours ago, Bangarang said:

So you agree with the OP that for the last 20 years the officials have favored our opponents and tried to screw us?

I don’t really have an opinion on that.  I can’t find evidence that proves they’ve tried to screw us, so it stands as theory.  

I know I have eyes that work.  I know my friends (who are niner fans and watch every Bills game with me) joke about how the refs are going to screw us each week.  They say that they’ve never seen a team get routine calls, called against them so frequently.  I’ve been watching games with them since 2000.

i do believe the amount of phantom penalties on the Bills is much higher than our opponents.  They rarely show the replays on the telecast because the penalties are so tricky tack or non existent,  but you can see for yourself on the all-22 and replays.  

Do you think every team get even treatment from the officials?

42 minutes ago, dgrochester55 said:

I don't think that the Bills will specifically get screwed over but I could see the refs throwing a ridiculous amount of penalties on both teams throughout the game.

20 penalties last night, that game was atrocious to watch.   I can only imagine being it worse with two younger less established teams like the Bills and Jets.   

this