How many times do you guys think the refs screw us?

1 hour ago, NewEra said:

I don’t really have an opinion on that.  I can’t find evidence that proves they’ve tried to screw us, so it stands as theory.  

I know I have eyes that work.  I know my friends (who are niner fans and watch every Bills game with me) joke about how the refs are going to screw us each week.  They say that they’ve never seen a team get routine calls, called against them so frequently.  I’ve been watching games with them since 2000.

i do believe the amount of phantom penalties on the Bills is much higher than our opponents.  They rarely show the replays on the telecast because the penalties are so tricky tack or non existent,  but you can see for yourself on the all-22 and replays.  

For someone that doesn’t have an opinion on it, you sure seem to have an opinion on it. ?

Do you think every team get even treatment from the officials?

If by even treatment you mean officials aren’t trying to screw teams over then yes, I don’t think any team is a victim of intentionally being screwed over by the refs. If you’re asking if I think every official calls every game and situation the same then that’s obviously not the case. There are obviously refs with different styles and ways of calling a game but it’s like that with all sports.

Refs don’t intentionally screw the Bills.  This notion we get screwed over more because we are the Bills is some tin foil silliness.  All teams get bad calls against them or missed calls.  Just ask the Saints about that last year.  Every fan base thinks their team gets screwed the most, even Pats fans think  NFL is out to get them.

Refs aren’t out to intentionally screw the Bills.  Nothing to see here.  

• Like (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, Bangarang said:

For someone that doesn’t have an opinion on it, you sure seem to have an opinion on it. ?

If by even treatment you mean officials aren’t trying to screw teams over then yes, I don’t think any team is a victim of intentionally being screwed over by the refs. If you’re asking if I think every official calls every game and situation the same then that’s obviously not the case. There are obviously refs with different styles and ways of calling a game but it’s like that with all sports.

If I don’t know things for fact, I try my best not to make absolute judgements

if you’re going to bring all sports into the conversation, you should read Tim Donaghys book if you haven’t yet.  

I don’t believe that the league has their crosshairs aimed at the Bills weekly. In some cases, yes, I believe the league or certain officials call the game (purposely) in a way that puts us at a disadvantage.  I do believe that we’ve been on the losing side of the ref battle the last 20 years.  I don’t believe that every bad call is a conspiracy.  It happens.  

Most importantly, I do believe that the league has the power (and has had the power) to improve the officiating.  Add cameras.  Add officials in the booth. The nfl has the money to provide this.  Why don’t they add additional cameras and officials?  

The better the Bills get, the bigger the games get......calls ( good or bad) will be amplified.....The NFL is not out to get the Bills....or small markets....if it was the case, the Jets, Cowboys, LA teams etc....would have won a SB in the last 20 years...and Green Bay would be 2-14 every years...the refs suck without discrimination.....Every single fan base claims they are being cheated....

the key is to build a REAL TEAM that can overcome the rare hard calls against it

requires ownership, scouting, coaching staff and players who are competent and committed to winning

22 minutes ago, LabattBlue said:

...and of course "the refs screwed us" people are even more vocal if the Bills lose.  Even if it s a lopsided loss, the tinfoil hat crowd will believe that one bad call was the difference in a 40-10 loss.  lol

put a horseshit team on the field, bad things happen

Edited by row_33

---------------------------------------

the best anecdote on TV last year was a (now) All-Pro at WR who whined to his father, "dad, they are holding me out there on every play"

to which his father said "son, you better learn to get around this or you can come home and sell used cars with me"