OAK planning to suspend AB (edit: apologized, playing)

Reed83HOF

37 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

How on earth did Mayock figure he would be a GM? The guy makes Mack drafts for a living.  Even Mel, a huge blowhard, isn’t delusional enough to believe he could be an NFL exec.  He knows how incredibly sweet the deal he and Mayock had. 

Mayock could not have F’d this up any worse.

Is it Mayock or Gruden who F'd this up?  Gruden wanted Mayock as the GM, though Gruden is ultimately in charge, IIRC.  So could it be Gruden wanted AB and Mayock is now forced to deal with this B.S.?

• Replies 883
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, Happy Gilmore said:

Is it Mayock or Gruden who F'd this up?  Gruden wanted Mayock as the GM, though Gruden is ultimately in charge, IIRC.  So could it be Gruden wanted AB and Mayock is now forced to deal with this B.S.?

It was Brown who F’d this up

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Happy Gilmore said:

Whatever Gruden wanted, Mayock is the GM and he’s being made the fool

1 minute ago, oldmanfan said:

It was Brown who F’d this up

Ultimately, yes.  He's also F'ing up his career.

1 minute ago, Mr. WEO said:

AB is the fool.  Total nitwit who is ending his career.

The more I think about this the more I say to myself, Really? An owner who is lazy, ya got Chucky, who’s a over paid blow hard, and Mayock, the figure head GM who doesn’t know he’s in over his head, this has had disaster written all over it from the get go. Then you add in AB, the drama queen, and ya get what ya got. Frankly I think the whole thing is funny as hell.  A major black eye for the Raiders organization. ????????

Mix in a little Vegas...

3 minutes ago, Don Otreply said:

The more I think about this the more I say to myself, Really? An owner who is lazy, ya got Chucky, who’s a over paid blow hard, and Mayock, the figure head GM who doesn’t know he’s in over his head, this has had disaster written all over it from the get go. Then you add in AB, the drama queen, and ya get what ya got. Frankly I think the whole thing is funny as hell.  A major black eye for the Raiders organization. ????????

6 minutes ago, Happy Gilmore said:

Ultimately, yes.  He's also F'ing up his career.

AB is the fool.  Total nitwit who is ending his career.

Well yes.  But the GM is supposed to handle this differently.  Mayock is a talking head. A nobody.

Just now, Mr. WEO said:

Well yes.  But the GM is supposed to handle this differently.  Mayock is a talking head. A nobody.

Chuckie's the coach and should be the one to get AB on-board.  Mayock had to intervene after Chuckie failed.

3 hours ago, Mr. WEO said:

Mayock was installed as the figurehead. He played his part in the draft selection process, and now he handles the phones, contracts and the press. Gruden is the puppetmaster.

Edited by Rocket94

1 minute ago, Mr. WEO said:

I agree that Mayock is Gruden's "yes" man and has less power than Gruden; he does Gruden's bidding.  In this case, Mayock is simply enforcing team policy and contractual obligations.  I don't put any of this on Mayock, at least from what I've seen as an outside observer.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, mattynh said:

As much as the team seems to be going the right direction.  I really don’t get why they thought trading for this clown was a good idea.  

This is what the Raiders do. They have a history of bringing in the lost, the wayward, the haunted and malcontents. 

3 minutes ago, mattynh said:

As much as the team seems to be going the right direction.  I really don’t get why they thought trading for this clown was a good idea.  

There's no harm in exploring options. 

3 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

That 10 year, 100 mill contract runs the show I think. 

Fo sho.

• Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, Doc said:

AB's not in Buffalo now, is he?

Yeah that’s what I figured doc.  Usual runaway from your own posts

10 minutes ago, Doc said:

And your boy Chuckie is the joke in this whole thing.  He's running the show and it's on him.

Lol I knew you wouldn’t answer.  No one runs from there posts like the doc!

8 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

Yeah that’s what I figured doc.  Usual runaway from your own posts

Lol I knew you wouldn’t answer.  No one runs from there posts like the doc!

No need/never needed to run away.  Your beliefs are just that: your beliefs.  If the Bills offered AB anything substantial money-wise, he'd be in Buffalo.

But go ahead and tell us all how the Bills missed out on AB and how great Chuckie is as a HC again.

Edited by Doc

2 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

You really believe the Bills (or any team) would offer the top WR no guaranteed money?? Serious question doc. 

You mean a guy who quit on his previous team? 

We know for sure only one team did.  And they're regretting it now.

• Like (+1) 2

6 minutes ago, Doc said:

No need/never needed to run away.  Your beliefs are just that: your beliefs.  If the Bills offered AB anything substantial money-wise, he'd be in Buffalo.

But go ahead and tell us all how the Bills missed out on AB and how great Chuckie is as a HC again.

How about he didn't want to come to Buffalo so it never got that far. You can't even see that as a possibility?

If Beane wanted AB without paying him I'm very concerned with our GM situation.

Edited by Chemical

2 minutes ago, jrober38 said:

AB's brain hasn't been functioning properly for a couple years now.

He appears to have a personality disorder, and displays several common characteristics of someone suffering from CTE. 

I still maintain it got really bad after Dancing With The Stars.  Hollyweird, you know.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Doc said:

You mean a guy who quit on his previous team? 

We know for sure only one team did.  And they're regretting it now.

Can you list any contract for a top vet with no guaranteed money?

Edited by Mr. WEO

1 minute ago, Chemical said:

How about he didn't want to come to Buffalo so it never got that far. You can't even see that as a possibility?

If Beane wanted AB without paying him I'm very concerned with our GM situation.

So he wouldn't come to Buffalo...but he'd go to Oakland/Las Vegas?  If he had gone to a good team, I'd agree with you.

And after what AB's put them through, you're worried that Beane didn't want to pay AB?  OK.

1 minute ago, Doc said:

So he wouldn't come to Buffalo...but he'd go to Oakland/Las Vegas?  If he had gone to a good team, I'd agree with you.

And after what AB's put them through, you're worried that Beane didn't want to pay AB?  OK.

Yeah I'm worried that he would want to trade for him AND not realize he would have to pay him

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2019/09/05/antonio-brown-may-end-up-getting-no-payment-at-all-from-the-raiders/

holy jesus that’s a train wreck of a contract he signed. I’ll tip my cap to the raiders if this characterization is true as he might have zero guaranteed dollars at this point. 

That an unexcused practice absence may void $30m in guarantees seems absurd 

Just now, Doc said:

No because they usually don't happen.  Like this one.

Finally.  

So theres no chance Beane would have offered no guaranteed money.

you always come around to the obvious doc. But why do you put yourself through this?

1 minute ago, Doc said:

I don't recall this weird behavior until this past season.

I'm married to a Steelers fan. The warnings have been there for a few years now, although it's progressively got worse over the past two years. Steelers fans were mostly glad to see him go given his relationship with Ben and Juju, who at this point are much more popular Steelers players. 

His condition has been worsening.