OAK planning to suspend AB (edit: apologized, playing)

Reed83HOF

1 hour ago, mrags said:

I haven’t looked through pages and pages of this thread but saw this article on FB today. Apparently Brown is being even more of a crybaby. He unfriended the Raiders and Derek Carr on His social media accounts. 

https://brobible.com/sports/article/antonio-brown-derek-carr-oakland-raiders-instagram/

Well that’s the kiss of death right there. 

• Replies 883
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, JoPar_v2 said:

Well that’s the kiss of death right there. 

Just stating what he did. It is a big deal coming from an egomaniac that thinks he’s better than the team. His teammates. And the NFL as a whole. 

Its just more fuel to the fire that might mean he doesn’t play another down of football or at least for the Raiders. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, mrags said:

Just stating what he did. It is a big deal coming from an egomaniac that thinks he’s better than the team. His teammates. And the NFL as a whole. 

Its just more fuel to the fire that might mean he doesn’t play another down of football or at least for the Raiders. 

I wasn’t criticizing lol. For someone as shallow and stupid as AB I actually think those unfollows matter. Sorry i wasn’t clear. 

Edited by JoPar_v2
  • Like (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, LSHMEAB said:

Pretty sure AB has very little interest left in playing football. Helps explain his rationale for immediately crossing us off his list. Buffalo is likely not his scene.

Eh, AB’s scene is anywhere in front of a camera at this point. Probably why he is still in football (but avoiding actually playing at all costs). He’s chasing clout in every and any way possible, except actually playing football now. 

Edited by JoPar_v2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

9 hours ago, Rocket94 said:

This is what the Raiders do. They have a history of bringing in the lost, the wayward, the haunted and malcontents. 

I was talking about the bills.  They had a deal in place to get brown in the off season but brown refused to come here 

15 hours ago, BADOLBILZ said:

So not true.

Consistent success in the NFL begins with a superstar QB.

The closest thing to what you are talking about are the Patriots but they have the greatest QB ever and the greatest HC ever.

Everybody else operates under the normal rules.

And all of the favorites this year.........as usual........are star studded teams.

Teams need to play well together but also have star players because it's a matchup league and difference makers MAKE THE DIFFERENCE.

Totally agree about the Quarterback.

I was referring more to the idea (which has become very popular among many on this board) that you MUST HAVE star players at RB and WR to succeed.

But I guess we'll see.

The Bills are building a roster with solid role players and strong depth, and making sure they don't have glaring weaknesses.  Similar to what you see out of New England.  The Jets and Raiders went out and obtained high-dollar Pro Bowlers, but still have big holes elsewhere. Let's see which approach has more success.

2 hours ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

...you almost wonder if he deal was purposely structured like this because they anticipated problems...............

Or if brown didn’t particularly want to be in Oakland so he took a deal that the team would be able to void based on his planned behavior 

any team would take the contract terms for 53 players. That brown agreed is the surprising part. Especially given his blatant violations immediately after signing 

• Like (+1) 1

9 hours ago, Mr. WEO said:

All true at the time but beside the point.  In comparison, the Bills have nobody at WR.

But that being said, at the time I said Beane was absolutely interested and we all know now this is true.  I never lamented the fact that the Bills didn’t get him. I was mocking the ridiculous notion that Beane wouldn’t be interested in having him in the roster. 

Pretty simple

Looks like the Raiders have nobody at WR either...

And the point is you wanted AB.  You can run away from it all you want but again there's a reason why you were the only person called out on this thread.

15 minutes ago, NoSaint said:

Or if brown didn’t particularly want to be in Oakland so he took a deal that the team would be able to void based on his planned behavior 

any team would take the contract terms for 53 players. That brown agreed is the surprising part. Especially given his blatant violations immediately after signing 

Brown didn't have any suitors except for the Bills and then the Raiders.  And I doubt he planned on losing $30M guaranteed, seeing as how money was his only motivation for quitting on the Steelers and going to the Raiders.  He's just so mentally unstable that he can't help himself.

And I'm hoping that when they suspend him and take away his guaranteed money, that it's a long and protracted fight.  That will provide lots of entertainment.

I actually believe that Beane nixed this trade. He wanted the player, but at his price.  Brown wanted a new contract and more guarantees, to which Beane promptly told Rosenhaus they weren’t prepared to do that. Once Drew related this to AB, AB wanted nothing to do with the Bills...and that’s what you heard in the audio.  Brown’s assertion that he never wanted to come here I think has all the to do about money...and maybe Jordan Poyer? ??‍♂️

• Like (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

I don't think David would have said it on air if he didn't talk to his brother first.  

Right. It’s pretty much coming from Derek, via David. A strong indication that the end is nigh. It will be very interesting to see the Gruden/Mayock power struggle play out if reports are true that they were split on bringing AB in in the first place. 

1 minute ago, Sig1Hunter said:

Right. It’s pretty much coming from Derek, via David. A strong indication that the end is nigh. It will be very interesting to see the Gruden/Mayock power struggle play out if reports are true that they were split on bringing AB in in the first place. 

If AB goes back to that locker room, an atom bomb will happen inside.  

46 minutes ago, NoSaint said:

Not surprising. Its because he's crazy.

31 minutes ago, Doc said:

Looks like the Raiders have nobody at WR either...

And the point is you wanted AB.  You can run away from it all you want but again there's a reason why you were the only person called out on this thread.

Brown didn't have any suitors except for the Bills and then the Raiders.  And I doubt he planned on losing $30M guaranteed, seeing as how money was his only motivation for quitting on the Steelers and going to the Raiders.  He's just so mentally unstable that he can't help himself.

And I'm hoping that when they suspend him and take away his guaranteed money, that it's a long and protracted fight.  That will provide lots of entertainment.

I pointed out over and over that Beane wanted AB, "for the right price", as you said.  The rest you are making up.

Many "called me out" when I said Beane wanted AB, saying that there would be no way he would go after AB due to "locker room" BS and "chemistry" because of Poyer's wifeetc.

Then the story of Beane's interest came out and they were all proven wrong.  Poof.

And why did Beane show an interest?  The answer is obvious, doc:  he was looking down his WR roster at Ray Ray Mccluskey, Bo Bo Foster, Jo Jo Brown, and Jesus Jones and saying...."we got a deficit at WR".

He was right to take a sniff at AB and I said so.  Before and after the fact.

2 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

I pointed out over and over that Beane wanted AB, "for the right price", as you said.  The rest you are making up.

Many "called me out" when I said Beane wanted AB, saying that there would be no way he would go after AB due to "locker room" BS and "chemistry" because of Poyer's wifeetc.

Then the story of Beane's interest came out and they were all proven wrong.  Poof.

And why did Beane show an interest?  The answer is obvious, doc:  he was looking down his WR roster at Ray Ray Mccluskey, Bo Bo Foster, Jo Jo Brown, and Jesus Jones and saying...."we got a deficit at WR".

He was right to take a sniff at AB and I said so.  Before and after the fact.

...STILL have a hard time with McDermott buying in.......this azzclown fits the "process" like a size 14 foot in a size 6 shoe.......

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

...STILL have a hard time with McDermott buying in.......this azzclown fits the "process" like a size 14 foot in a size 6 shoe.......

Every team has "the Process".  McD has nothing unique in that regard.  All the azzclowns find a spot on a roster. 

No way Beane would have made a move for AB without McD saying "check it out". 

"Process" is what they feed the press mand the fans.  But these guys know (as does the roster) that you put up with some azzclownery for the right talent.  This has always been the way.

• Like (+1) 1

45 minutes ago, Doc said:

Who care what people’s position on AB was at the time. Jeez.  Both positions were perfectly reasonable. On one hand he’s one of the best receivers in the league and fills a massive void for the Bills and they had a ton of cap room. On the other he’s demonstrated he was a huge risk. Some people wanted to take the risk, others didn’t. 

As it turns out, this looks like a huge mistake for the raiders. But if he comes back in week 2 and goes for 1,4000/10, then it will all blow over. 

• Like (+1) 2

40 minutes ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

Who knows what happened to Brown. He obviously had a meltdown, and these things dont happen overnight. Beane and McDermott may have sensed that. The performance vs behavior ratio was not worth it. 

4 minutes ago, Rocket94 said:

Who knows what happened to Brown. He obviously had a meltdown, and these things dont happen overnight. Beane and McDermott may have sensed that. The performance vs behavior ratio was not worth it. 

...agree bud.....I could see McBeane making an inquiry, but still don't buy there was any offer or imminent deal......just my opinion though.............he's Mayock's headache now....

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

...agree bud.....I could see McBeane making an inquiry, but still don't buy there was any offer or imminent deal......just my opinion though.............he's Mayock's headache now....

Agreed. Beane may have attempted to approach this situation "normally" with the intention of improving the Bills. When the red flags popped up it was time to move on. 

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, apuszczalowski said:

I think he is setting himself up for a HUGE payday...........

From the NFL and the company that made his favorite helmet because he has definitely suffered some major brain damage over the last few years.

..think he needs a weekend with Dr Ruth..............

3 hours ago, mattynh said:

I was talking about the bills.  They had a deal in place to get brown in the off season but brown refused to come here 

Depends upon who one believes whether the deal was in place.  It seems likely Beane talked to Pittsburgh about a deal.  Whether it fell through because Pitts wanted more than we'd pay or because the Bills wanted AB to play out his contract, seems unclear. 

GMs can't be counted on to tell the straight story about their deals, but I tend to believe Beane has more connection to reality and facts than AB.  So there's that.

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, mattynh said:

Nope. No deal in place. 

(in the original tweet, "this" and "close" are on opposite sides of the page)

Edited by Hapless Bills Fan
clarify
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

You gotta think David got the straight gouge from his kid brother if he said that.

If I were a Raiders player, especially the Raiders QB, I'd be beyond fed up.  First the guy freezes his feet off and disappears to treat them.  Then the helmet thing.

Meanwhile everyone else is grinding and working on the playbook.  And this is not a situation where the guy has a history with the team and has helped them win for years.

I think Mayock was in a lose-lose situation.   Yeah, yeah, I know, stars get treated differently.  They get to have bluetooth speakers and their own mini fridge stocked as they like at their locker.  Maybe they go to the head of the line waiting for the masseur or they get to bring their own person into the facility.  But when it comes to the fundamentals - meetings, practices etc - the star has to at least pretend to be part of the team. 

Mayock may have been trying to work 1:1 with Brown and bring him into the fold, but it had gotten to where he had to draw a line I think.

• Like (+1) 2