Zeke 6 years $90 millionw/ $50 mil guarenteed

Reed83HOF

29 minutes ago, JoshAllenHasBigHands said:

I don’t believe in paying RBs any more, but in today’s NFL RBs are just as much pass catchers as rushers. You can’t judge shady solely on the rushing stats. He was one of our best pass catchers as well. 

Total receiving yards tell similar stories. That we had bad pass catchers means he stood out among peers in buffalo but not in the wider world of running backs. 

2018: 28th among backs 

2017: 9th

2016: 14th

2015: 24th

we paid him as a top 5 back. He played as a good back but more middle of the pack. That’s why he’s no longer playing on that contract. He wasn’t a flop but he wasn’t elite 

Edited by NoSaint
  • Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, billsfan89 said:

Zeke is 24 he will probably be productive for the rest of the contract which takes him through age 29. 15 million aaa seems fair for a top 5 RB. 

As long as he's not suspended, which is a risk...a lengthy risk.  Hope the Cowboys protected themselves for this.  Zeke is most of their offense.

5 hours ago, DCofNC said:

So what is the consequence for Jones saying screw the cap, Im keeping my guys?  

The NFL's cap is a hard cap that the teams have to stay under at all times, and the salary floor is also a hard floor. Penalties for violating or circumventing the cap regulations include fines of up to $5 million for each violation, cancellation of contracts and/or loss of draft picks.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Salary_cap

21 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

The fact that the GTD isn’t exactly listed makes me think Zeke’s agent isn’t too proud of that figure. 

9 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

How can these people say things like this after he just held out? Zeke did not sign away the rest of his time as a premier back at all. If he gets towards the middle-end of this contract and is outperforming he will simply hold out again. 

Edited by Bills2ref
  • Like (+1) 1

11 hours ago, NoSaint said:

Total receiving yards tell similar stories. That we had bad pass catchers means he stood out among peers in buffalo but not in the wider world of running backs. 

2018: 28th among backs 

2017: 9th

2016: 14th

2015: 24th

we paid him as a top 5 back. He played as a good back but more middle of the pack. That’s why he’s no longer playing on that contract. He wasn’t a flop but he wasn’t elite 

That is fair.  The only context I would add is that he was our WHOLE offense.  In isolation, he looked average. That is fair.  But, it is not like their was any offense around him. His production accounted for a greater percentage of our overall yards compared to other running backs in their respective offenses. 

19 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

All depends how you look at it. He wants more than gurley, and I think he’s worth more and is a better player than gurley. I think the next RB to be paid this much though won’t  be until mccaffrey

19 hours ago, aristocrat said:

it's worth it if he's on the field each week and putting up top numbers in the league. if he is suspended or falls of a cliff it isn't. 

I think Zeke was overpaid on his rookie contract, much less the one he just signed. Was a stupid draft pick at the time and is a stupid signing now.

11 hours ago, JoshAllenHasBigHands said:

I don’t believe in paying RBs any more, but in today’s NFL RBs are just as much pass catchers as rushers. You can’t judge shady solely on the rushing stats. He was one of our best pass catchers as well. 

McCoy finished better than 5th on the team in receiving yards once, and that was because we arguably had the worst group of receivers in the league. Even then, he still managed to finish 5th last year when that was still the case.