Zeke 6 years $90 millionw/ $50 mil guarenteed

Reed83HOF

1 minute ago, CaptnCoke11 said:

Good thing i took him in the 2nd round of my fantasy league last night 

My 2nd (work) league's draft is tonight.  I was hoping this news would drag out another 24 hours so I could sneak him in, but alas, he'll be top 3 now.

From a non-fantasy perspective, that's a lot of dough to tie up at RB.  He's great, but that OL makes him a top back. 

• Like (+1) 1

We've all seen the realities of slippage of the RB position since the 90's in terms of importance of the individual star lone workhorse model--this feels like a step back in time, before Billy Hoodie showed us all the ways of the RB by committee who have "hands" approach for the short passing attack...but hey, more power to the man for getting his!  

• Like (+1) 2

6 years.  There are 2 years left on the deal.  They are adding those 2 years to the overall money aswell.  I've been telling a friend of mine for weeks who is a big cowboys fan to just give him a larger bonus up front.  Structure it so he has a large total number he will never see and move along.  3 to 4 years from now restructure or trade.

2 minutes ago, thenorthremembers said:

Not upset at this.   Sammy Watkins got more per year in KC, and Zeke is 3 times the player he is, albeit at a different position.

Should be interesting to see how they pay Dak and keep the oline together.    Cooper is going to have to give them a hometown discount.

Cooper and Byron Jones will be the odd men out if Dak takes his $30,000,000 per year and calls it a day. If not, then Dak might be the odd man out while the other two get paid to stick around. 

Either way, this puts JJ one step closer to being able to use the Franchise Tag to keep it all together for at least one more year after this one. 

Edited by H2o

4 minutes ago, dorquemada said:

My 2nd (work) league's draft is tonight.  I was hoping this news would drag out another 24 hours so I could sneak him in, but alas, he'll be top 3 now.

From a non-fantasy perspective, that's a lot of dough to tie up at RB.  He's great, but that OL makes him a top back. 

Yeah I was hoping for the same things too.  But will still leave me one more running back to choose from, though picking likely will still be thin as I'm picking 12th.