Zeke 6 years $90 millionw/ $50 mil guarenteed

Reed83HOF

2 minutes ago, H2o said:

Cooper and Byron Jones will be the odd men out if Dak takes his $30,000,000 per year and calls it a day. If not, then Dak might be the odd man out while the other two get paid to stick around. 

Either way, this puts JJ one step closer to being able to use the Franchise Tag to keep it all together for at least one more year after this one. 

One of them will get the tag - I assume it will be Dak. Not sure they can get away with not locking in Cooper after giving up a 1st rd pick for him. 

4 minutes ago, thenorthremembers said:

Not upset at this.   Sammy Watkins got more per year in KC, and Zeke is 3 times the player he is, albeit at a different position.

Should be interesting to see how they pay Dak and keep the oline together.    Cooper is going to have to give them a hometown discount.

The "albeit at a different position" part is key. 

Like it or don't, Zeke is playing a position that has been devalued in the NFL of late and where players are considered to have a short shelf life, while QB (and the WR who catch what they throw) have risen in value.  In 6 years, he'll be what, 30?

https://heavy.com/sports/2019/09/ezekiel-elliott-returns-dallas-cowboys-holdout/amp/

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, DCOrange said:

Whatever the guaranteed amount is is probably still too much by a wide margin.

All depends how you look at it. He wants more than gurley, and I think he’s worth more and is a better player than gurley. I think the next RB to be paid this much though won’t  be until mccaffrey

I understand people talking about how much $$$ he is getting(even though we don't know the exact figures yet), but he is easily a top 3 and elite RB in this league. A true workhorse who does it all. Those are the kind of guys that command more. That's just the facts. McCaffrey is going to get paid top dollar too you can bet. Saquon will top them all when it's his turn. 

13 minutes ago, Reed83HOF said:

The thing I don’t get, is if reporters see this, is Zeke’s agent not seeing this? Rhetorical question because he obviously is, but my point is, why would Zeke end his holdout for nothing? If these reports are true it’ll be clear that Zeke was the one who broke and not Jerry Jones. 

Good for Elliott whatever the money it ends up.  Curious to see how Cowboys handle Prescott, Cooper and others because in a few years Bills will be in similar scenario of re-signing players. I guess it could start next year to some degree with White, Dawkins, and Milano regarding possibly extending one or more before rookie deal expires.

Edited by DCbillsfan

If we go back to Thurman, would those here complaining about the money have given Thurman a big 2nd contract or let him leave? His first contract was for 4 years so he would have been a FA after the '91 season...since RBs are a dime a dozen and grow on trees....just wondering

12 minutes ago, Bills2ref said:

The thing I don’t get, is if reporters see this, is Zeke’s agent not seeing this? Rhetorical question because he obviously is, but my point is, why would Zeke end his holdout for nothing? If these reports are true it’ll be clear that Zeke was the one who broke and not Jerry Jones. 

Probably some sizable upfront money for Zeke and a huge contract number that his agent can tout to prospective clients.