McCoy to Chiefs

mykidsdad

I can't say I'm excited about the signing...I'm kind of indifferent to it one way or the other....but if nothing else...KC gets about the best depth addition you could ask for....I suspect Ried thinks he's got something left...maybe so....I went back and watched some "shady" film today to get a look beyond the bad numbers.  

What I think I see:  a 31 year old RB who has lost a little of that speed to the edge, but also a RB who got swallowed up as soon as the ball was handed to him....A LOT.  I knew your line was bad last year...but having taken a closer look...my god....no wonder you all are so optimistic Allen can take a step forward....IF nothing else, he'll get a few more cleaner looks a game...that line was terrible....back to Shady.....the KC line is NOT a pile moving line...most of our successful running plays come off of misdirection, motion, smoke and mirrors, and not so much up the middle....sometimes off tackle.  KC will put Shady in positions of succeed...we will run alot of two RB sets, motion one or both..find mathcups or get dudes to exit the box...Ried is the master at this...also...advanced metrics tell you that KC has the NFL's best screen pass game. (they should, Ried litterally coaches each player on screens to be at certain points on the field at a given time etc...KC works very hard to be good on screens)  

Reid likes to get all his weapons involved, so Shady will see plenty of action, but so will all the other guys....Shady will also be fresh, because Ried is going to RBBC like crazy with this group.  It's a good get for us(KC) if he has ANYTHING at all left.  I suspect he's got a good year of football left in him.  I thought he looked decent this preseason behind your improved line what little I saw of him this preseason.  

• Like (+1) 3

22 hours ago, That's No Moon said:

This obliterated several fantasy teams. Damien Williams was going in the 2nd round in fantasy drafts. Shady was in the 8th. Now they are sharing work to some extent but nobody knows how much. If you took Williams that high you are pissed. 

Imagine if you took Williams and Luck. There have to be more than a few teams with that.

Anyone who schedules their league draft before the final preseason game is only asking for problems like this.

We had ours tonight because I know better. Drafting too early is dumb, IMHO.

• Like (+1) 2

38 minutes ago, Rocket94 said:

What a classy message. I wish him well. 

Special talent for sure and turned out to be an awesome Bill during some pretty trying years....wish the guy all the best. Someone with his skills to act like a pro when it would have been pretty easy to lose interest/motivation, I give McCoy a ton of credit.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, GoBills808 said:

Special talent for sure and turned out to be an awesome Bill during some pretty trying years....wish the guy all the best. Someone with his skills to act like a pro when it would have been pretty easy to lose interest/motivation, I give McCoy a ton of credit.

Well yeah. Shady could have gone the derisive route and trashed everyone, but he chose to part with dignity and respect.

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, QB Bills said:

He sucks. Got outplayed badly by Ivory last year. Good riddance to this clown

He is a borderline HOF back.  He was a great player for the Bills. Played hurt in the only playoff game in two decades.  Did he suck scoring winning overtime TD in blizzard? Maybe Singletary will be the guy.  Who knows. But Shady was elite for many years.

• Like (+1) 2

3 hours ago, thebandit27 said:

Wow.

Well done Shady. Really. Good form.

I will say, a less extensive but even remotely written by him would’ve tugged the heart strings more... but still give him credit for green lighting this to be written for him 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 3

On 9/1/2019 at 8:20 AM, RyanC883 said:

how do you handle a 7 and 8:15 auction draft??  Thats close.   But 3 auction leagues sounds fun. 

I’ll just have to multitask on two monitors. The 7 pm draft is bigger $ anyway, and this year I want a lot of the 20-30 dollar guys, so I can probably sit tight for a bit in the second league. 

• Like (+1) 1

7 hours ago, mannc said:

I call BS on anyone who thanks Rex Ryan for anything...

Shady probably felt obligated to Rex for some reason, or it was just a reactionary tweet. Shady was an established player light years before Ryan came along.

On 9/1/2019 at 4:01 PM, C.Biscuit97 said:

It’s a business.  And let’s not pretend Like McCoy is some Saint.  Dude ruined Avengers.

Yeldon is the definition of meh. 

You sound like my friend Jackey. Lol. She won't forgive him for ruining Avengers

On 9/1/2019 at 8:24 PM, One Buffalo said:

Great message from Shady-

This is why I'm sad about the cut. Same emotions I had about the release of Thurman and FredEx. Hopefully he'll go into the HOF wearing a Bills jersey and do the Shady dance one more time with his yellow jacket on. Go get em in KC Shady, I'll be rooting for you. 

• Like (+1) 1