YoloinOhio

Pro Football Network: Bills one of teams in on Clowney trade

4 minutes ago, JerseyBills said:

This was yesterday , Lombardi said he'd be gone in 24-48 hrs and they want a WR... Interesting

Thanks.  I posted that a few up and have no idea how to embed lol

Just now, BUFFALOKIE said:

F5

I just refreshed ... and the only new comment was this ...

2 minutes ago, JerseyBills said:

This was yesterday , Lombardi said he'd be gone in 24-48 hrs and they want a WR... Interesting

Maybe why Zay Jones was still playing after the half or why Robert Foster was playing special teams. 

I thought that Clowney had turned down going to Miami?

• Like (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, HOUSE said:

Brandon Beane is to busy for such nonsense...probably out to lunch er something

Is the process even available on Sunday's during pre- season?

Posted (edited)

Its gotta involve Shaq and Either McCoy or Zay.  I would rather keep McCoy

Edited by Estelle Getty

if it’s another WR the Texans are after, that leads me to believe that Buffalo is NOT a front runner to land Clowney.  I’m guessing they want a proven established producer, but I can’t see the Bills trading Beasley or Brown (unless we don’t have to throw in much more). Maybe I’m wrong.

2 minutes ago, Rocket94 said:

Any idea of possible parameters? What players and/or draft picks would realistically be involved?

Trent Murphy or Shaq Lawson, Zay Jones, and an 2020 early Day 3 pick works for me.

• Like (+1) 2

It’s always the unverified twitter accounts that mention the Bills. I won’t buy it until someone verified says it.

3 minutes ago, Rocket94 said:

Any idea of possible parameters? What players and/or draft picks would realistically be involved?

Nothing more than conjecture. I’d send them 2-3 of Lawson/McCoy/Yeldon/Zay. And a conditional draft pick that disappears if he doesn’t resign. 

• Like (+1) 2

Just no way they trade him to a team they think will be competing for a wild card spot.

Of course they probably think they're winning the division now for sure.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2019/08/13/jadeveon-clowney-trade-wont-be-easy-to-pull-off/

Anyone trading for Clowney would be getting his services for one year, with no ability to sign him to an extension until after the regular season ends. At that point, Clowney would have the leverage of a 20-percent raise over his 2019 salary, whether it’s $15.967 million or, if his grievance regarding his alleged status as a defensive end is successful, $17.128 million. That equates to either $19.16 million or $20.55 million for 2020, either of which becomes the starting point for negotiations on a long-term deal.

So what would a team, assuming it has the cap space to absorb Clowney’s contract, give up in order to get Clowney for one year? And what would the Texans want to part with the rights to Clowney for 2019 plus the ability to franchise-tag him in 2020, sign him to a long-term deal, or let him walk in free agency with a compensatory draft pick arriving in 2021?

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

I am having flashbacks of Mario Williams we all wanted him here so bad and I don't think he really did much hope we don't end up in the same situation

• Like (+1) 2
  • Confused 2

Posted (edited)

...if, IF McBeane was to pull the trigger, would you expect him to have a long term deal in place first or just gamble a pick on a one year rental?....he's a shrewd dude IMO...

Edited by OldTimeAFLGuy
  • Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, ALLEN1QB said:

I am having flashbacks of Mario Williams we all wanted him here so bad and I don't think he really did much hope we don't end up in the same situation

????

Mario was a stud here. Why do people keep suggesting he wasn't? 

• Like (+1) 11
  • Thanks! (+1) 5

If this goes down...I will EXPECT this team to make the playoffs even if the offense doesn't make big strides. He's the missing piece to what could be an ELITE defense; the kind of defense capable of swinging the balance of 2-3 games. There's a big difference between keeping the team in the game and swinging the balance.

The best way to beat the top QB's is to get in their face early and often. The current roster construction leaves something to be desired in that aspect. 

Considering how much I want to see it happen, I fully expect it NOT to happen.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Thanks! (+1) 1

1 minute ago, YoloinOhio said:

Nothing more than conjecture. I’d send them 2-3 of Lawson/McCoy/Yeldon/Zay. And a conditional draft pick that disappears if he doesn’t resign. 

If the Texans bite, they must have one player that really interests them. Just trying to figure out who it is. Lawson and Yeldon? They would make sense...fills two voids.

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Rico said:

Trent Murphy or Shaq Lawson, Zay Jones, and an 2020 early Day 3 pick works for me.

I think Murphy, Zay, and a third player along with a late 2020 pick that maybe improves if Clowney hits certain production and recognition levels such as All Pro.  

15 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

I think there is pretty decent Clowney is a Bill by the  end of the day. They are one of two teams mentioned and Clowney rumored to not want to go to Miami. He controls the situation, remember, because he can’t be traded until he signs his franchise tender. 

I am still not sure how I feel about this.  On the surface, I would love to have him because he is a damn good football player, but once you factor in injury history, desired salary, etc, it starts to feel like a bad fit.  That being said, I trust Beane and McDermott to make the right call.

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Rico said:

I dont know if anyone wants Jones or Murphy...just saying!

2 minutes ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

...if, IF McBeane was to pull the trigger, would you expect him to have a long term deal in place first or just gamble a pick on a one year rental?....he's a shrewd dude IMO...

I think he would have a placeholder deal in mind for both sides. But no guarantee he will sign and can’t sign now, so if Houston is willing I would make the draft pick conditional to him signing do lessen the risk. 

• Like (+1) 2