YoloinOhio

Pro Football Network: Bills one of teams in on Clowney trade

Just now, Rocket94 said:

I dont know if anyone wants Jones or Murphy...just saying!

Zay Jones is from the Austin area, he might prefer to be traded and a fresh start tbh. As far as Murphy, he’s a good player. 

Clowney got a speeding ticket in my old car. Wish I still had the ticket 

5 minutes ago, ALLEN1QB said:

I am having flashbacks of Mario Williams we all wanted him here so bad and I don't think he really did much hope we don't end up in the same situation

Double digit sacks in his first three years here, I'd say he did his part. Rex comes in and totally wrecks everything

• Like (+1) 3

Just now, YoloinOhio said:

Zay Jones is from the Austin area, he might prefer to be traded and a fresh start tbh. As far as Murphy, he’s a good player. 

Good contract situation with both and the Texans would have considerable leverage in new deals.

6 minutes ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

...if, IF McBeane was to pull the trigger, would you expect him to have a long term deal in place first or just gamble a pick on a one year rental?....he's a shrewd dude IMO...

I don't think the Bills can have a deal in place with his tag situation. It would have to be a wink wink type deal that could not be signed until next year. 

This makes way too much sense. They tried to get Mack last year, Clowney is a very nice consolation prize. I don't understand why Miami would be in on this at all. Make it happen Beane.

• Like (+1) 1

25 minutes ago, SCBills said:

Would he re-sign in Miami?  

In sure they could send Tunsil to Houston but why would Clowney want to re-up with that dumpster fire of a team.  

No QB, no talent & locker room unrest... sounds fun. 

He might resign in Miami. No income tax in Florida. 

2 minutes ago, buffaloboyinATL said:

I am still not sure how I feel about this.  On the surface, I would love to have him because he is a damn good football player, but once you factor in injury history, desired salary, etc, it starts to feel like a bad fit.  That being said, I trust Beane and McDermott to make the right call.

This is exactly where I am on the situation...no guarantees of signing him next year.  And if we do, we don’t know if he is the type of player who will check out, like Darius, once he got the big contract.  Part of the reason I like the strategy of drafting, and then paying our own.

1 minute ago, buffaloboyinATL said:

I am still not sure how I feel about this.  On the surface, I would love to have him because he is a damn good football player, but once you factor in injury history, desired salary, etc, it starts to feel like a bad fit.  That being said, I trust Beane and McDermott to make the right call.

Clowney is still only 26, and he has overcome the injuries. The Bills need to capitalize on opportunities when the window is open. Clowney is a proven player and he blends well with the Bills young nucleus. 

• Like (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, RiotAct said:

if it’s another WR the Texans are after, that leads me to believe that Buffalo is NOT a front runner to land Clowney.  I’m guessing they want a proven established producer, but I can’t see the Bills trading Beasley or Brown (unless we don’t have to throw in much more). Maybe I’m wrong.

I had the same thought originally but if it's us or Miami it's not like their receiving corps is any better. I think Zay or Foster, Shaq, and a 2nd or 3rd makes this happen.

• Like (+1) 1

If we can get this done without giving up o line I’m good 

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, buffaloboyinATL said:

We are in great place cap-wise.  The big contracts we have on the books, are all structured in a way to provide cap flexibility.   

This FO looks to be STRONG in drafting, which gives us a constant influx of young, affordable talent. 

If there was ever a position for this team to go all in on, and take a chance, it’s WR or EDGE.  We tried at WR (Antonio Brown), he ended up with the Raiders.  I absolutely believe we’re trying to bring Clowney here, and it would be worth the gamble. 

• Like (+1) 1

Didn't Houston just lose a running back. Maybe TJ Yeldon and Z- Jones

• Like (+1) 1

...if there is that much animus and vitriol between Clowney and da Fuhrer-GM-HC O'Brien, no telling what may happen...stay tuned...........

That being said if it costs us Zay or McCoy I'd gladly just take one year of motivated Clowney.  

28 minutes ago, SCBills said:

Would he re-sign in Miami?  

In sure they could send Tunsil to Houston but why would Clowney want to re-up with that dumpster fire of a team.  

No QB, no talent & locker room unrest... sounds fun. 

He would re- sign because Miami is a great city to live in as a rich single dude- I doubt winning his main goal and Miami will have a ton of cap space next year apparently

No thanks on Clowney. Hasn’t attended training camp in several years (according to Jim Miller on Moving the Chains). Evidently not a process guy. He had one huuuuge play in college and his reputation is greatly exaggerated by that one play. I trust Beane but hope he goes the Phins (the way of Mario Williams and Donkey Kong Su). 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks! (+1) 1

At first I was skeptical about going after Clowney, but after thinking about it, I imagine it's hard to put up good numbers playing across from JJ Watt. I'm not knocking Hughes, but Clowney might actually flourish more here, especially under McDermott

1 minute ago, YoloinOhio said:

Just can’t see a guy like Clowney having any interest in going to buffalo but hope I’m wrong 

3 minutes ago, Dave Allen said:

He might resign in Miami. No income tax in Florida. 

Certainly an enticement but the Bills are closer to winning which may make a difference.  Also, some guys don't like the South Florida heat and humidity.

Posted (edited)

They need an RB and a WR and a replacement for Clowney.

Zay, Shaq, Yeldon.... + a 2nd?

Edited by DJB