Pro Football Network: Bills one of teams in on Clowney trade

YoloinOhio

1 minute ago, SCBills said:

Well, if he doesn’t care about winning, then sure... make a ton of money and live in Miami - I get it.  

I’m operating under the assumption that he doesn’t want to play his prime in obscurity.  

Obscurity for an extra 30 million is a good deal forany people- but I am not sure his primary motivation

4 minutes ago, BringBackFergy said:

No thanks on Clowney. Hasn’t attended training camp in several years (according to Jim Miller on Moving the Chains). Evidently not a process guy. He had one huuuuge play in college and his reputation is greatly exaggerated by that one play. I trust Beane but hope he goes the Phins (the way of Mario Williams and Donkey Kong Su). 

This is my fear about him...he’s had motivation issues since college 

8 minutes ago, Lurker said:

That one-year rental bothers me.  I could see him wanting to sign with the Pats next year.   Isn't Gilmore like his BFF (they played together in high school)...

https://nesn.com/2018/09/stephon-gilmore-knew-jadeveon-clowney-was-a-freak-before-anyone/

I could see it if they are exchanging fellow one year guys.  Houston needs a RB so it does point to a potential deal for Shady (plus more), and would explain the Bills highlighting Shady against the Lions (he clearly passed the test).   I'd be concerned about getting rid of the best player on offense given where that side of the ball is in development, but if they think Gore can replace the leadership and he+Singletary+Yeldon can replace the production......it's not out of the realm of possibility.

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, The Jokeman said:

What about next year's 1st, McCoy and Shaq? That's where the conversation would likely start to get Clowney. 

I would not trade a 1st when we have to pay him so much. We need to get talent cheap somewhere and the draft is best way.

• Like (+1) 1

The Pro Football Network guy floating these tweets, Matthew Cannata, also writes for the Dolphins blog Phin Phanatic.  Curious that he'd have Miami as a player, knowing they're one inch away from tank mode...

https://www.google.com/search?q=Matthew+Cannata&rlz=1CAKSOU_enUS765US765&oq=Matthew+Cannata&aqs=chrome..69i57j69i61&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

4 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Zay Jones is from the Austin area, he might prefer to be traded and a fresh start tbh. As far as Murphy, he’s a good player. 

Murphy? I suppose he is a good player when healthy, but in more of a secondary role. When Beane signed him, the Bills were trying to fill in holes on the roster. With the emergence of some of the young defensive stars, the Bills are shifting gears to become a more disruptive and dynamic unit...Murphy does not fit, Clowney does.

1 minute ago, njbuff said:

I'd be shocked if Beane traded a 1st for a rental.

If they trade a 1st, it's because they've already negotiated a deal.

He can't be traded until he signs his franchise tender, and he isn't doing that without assurances 

• Like (+1) 3

4 minutes ago, BuffaloBill said:

This is a little counter to the idea that the Fish want to get rid of their entire roster. Unless they view Clowney as a future piece.  I really don’y Care.  I hope the Bills land him.

I would trade the entire Dolphins roster for Clowney.

• Haha (+1) 1

Dolphins absolutely have better pieces to get this deal done, I for one hope they do get him I don’t want him in buffalo. But they have stills the deep threat they can throw in, like it or not he’s a much better player than Foster and Zay at this moment, of course they have an elite level LT to dangle, couple decent running backs and defensive backs to dangle. And they definitely are expected to have very high draft picks. 

I don’t want buffalo to pay the guy 20 million a year. I just don’t think he’s ever going to be much better than he is and it’s just too much money to tie up for a guy who is not a game changer. Not to mention the fact he may just bolt in the offseason anyways 

• Like (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, LSHMEAB said:

Seeing very little on Twitter other than the Dolphins appear to be the "frontrunner."

There remains a possibility that the Bills are trying to drive up the price on the Fish. Gaine knows a lot about what the Texans want. 

• Like (+1) 4

7 minutes ago, BringBackFergy said:

No thanks on Clowney. Hasn’t attended training camp in several years (according to Jim Miller on Moving the Chains). Evidently not a process guy. He had one huuuuge play in college and his reputation is greatly exaggerated by that one play. I trust Beane but hope he goes the Phins (the way of Mario Williams and Donkey Kong Su). 

I saw him in college more often than most and he had a lot of great plays but he also was not consistent or reliable. He would dominate a drive and then disappear till the other team got to the 10 and show back up. He is not high motor in my opinion

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, BringBackFergy said:

This is inaccurate Fergy. He was a monster in college. That hit just got a ton of play. As a UM fan, I prefer not to watch it. In terms of his NFL career, he's shaken off early injuries and improved each and every year. His sack numbers have risen to around 9 even though he's not always tasked with rushing the passer in that scheme. He has SIXTY FOUR TFL's. The guy is legit.

1 minute ago, YoloinOhio said:

There remains a possibility that the Bills are trying to drive up the price on the Fish. Gaine knows a lot about what the Texans want. 

Well that would suck.

• Like (+1) 1