Pro Football Network: Bills one of teams in on Clowney trade

YoloinOhio

Yea, we’d probably have to throw in picks to outbid Miami, given they have a franchise Tackle they somehow don’t want to keep.  

That said, I just can’t wrap my head around it.  I don’t know that I’ve ever seen a team in tank mode make a blockbuster trade like this. 

39 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

I think there is pretty decent Clowney is a Bill by the  end of the day. They are one of two teams mentioned and Clowney rumored to not want to go to Miami. He controls the situation, remember, because he can’t be traded until he signs his franchise tender. 

wait, not wanting to go to Miami.  I read a story last year that nobody wanted to come here!?!?

wonder what we are trading.  Likely a RB and draft pick.  

19 minutes ago, Lurker said:

That one-year rental bothers me. 

It puts tremendous pressure on the GM to re-sign him i.e. overpay next year. He's not as good as the insane contract he's going to command.

• Like (+1) 2

39 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

I think there is pretty decent Clowney is a Bill by the  end of the day. They are one of two teams mentioned and Clowney rumored to not want to go to Miami. He controls the situation, remember, because he can’t be traded until he signs his franchise tender. 

What would the Bills trade?  Houston is reportedly looking for a starting Olineman or WR.  We aren't exactly great in those departments either.

1 minute ago, LSHMEAB said:

This is inaccurate Fergy. He was a monster in college. That hit just got a ton of play. As a UM fan, I prefer not to watch it. In terms of his NFL career, he's shaken off early injuries and improved each and every year. His sack numbers have risen to around 9 even though he's not always tasked with rushing the passer in that scheme. He has SIXTY FOUR TFL's. The guy is legit.

Clowney is big time legit. His play cannot always be measured in numbers. He generates a lot of pressure, he is all over the run game, and in constant pursuit. Plug him in to this defense and now we are getting somewhere!

2 minutes ago, aristocrat said:

Phins could do still and tunsil for him or something. 

I still think they are dumb for trading Tunsil but whatever, I won’t complain if they trade either of those guys. I think the problem is that Clowney reportedly does not want to go there.  Could have to do with the coach, the ownership, the lack of a qb, who knows.

Clowney is a great player, but do the Bills really need to give up a bunch of assets for one guy, to improve a Defense that’s already very solid? I know they need better depth at LB, but this seems a bit luxurious if you’re trying to build a complete team.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

This defense would have zero weaknesses if we got Clowney.  We’d be talking dominance. 

Hughes - Star - Oliver - Clowney

Milano - Edmunds - Lorax

White - Johnson - Wallace

Hyde - Poyer

Solid depth at every level behind those guys

Edited by SCBills
  • Like (+1) 4
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, skibum said:

Clowney is a great player, but do the Bills really need to give up a bunch of assets for one guy, to improve a Defense that’s already very solid? I know they need better depth at LB, but this seems a bit luxurious if you’re trying to build a complete team.

No.

I hope we pass on this deal.

• Like (+1) 1