Sign in to follow this  
Billzfan23

Is this the best receiving corp since Peerless Price and Eric Moulds?

Posted (edited)
On 7/27/2019 at 1:54 AM, SoTier said:

Taylor is competent which isn't the same as being a starting caliber QB, and I never said he was starting caliber.  He can come into a game or he can start one -- or more -- and at least give a team a chance to win.  On occasion, he can make some plays that could win games.  We don't know at this point is Allen can do as well. 

Taylor played pretty well as a first year starter, but at some point in his second season as one (2016) he hit the proverbial wall that marked the upper limits of his ability.  That could happen to Allen, too.  I remember that Mark Sanchez looked like he was going to become the Jests' "guy" for the next decade early in his second season, but about midway through, he just stopped developing and never got any better.  This is frequently what happens to first round and second round QBs who play well in their first seasons as starters but never develop into franchise QBs. 

It wasn't even his second year when the dropoff came. Go back and take a look at his first year's progression. His first seven games he was on fire as teams didn't know how to play him. Then they got film on him and in the NE game, Belichick schemed up a way to limit him ... basically keep him in the pocket, don't let him run and don't worry too much about his passing game.

He only played 14 games that first season and if you look at his second half, the final seven games, his stats dropped to almost exactly what we would see from him over the rest of his Buffalo career. In those seven games his passer rating was within a couple of points of his career passer rating. Same with YPA completion percentage, everything, really.

Edited by Thurman#1

Posted (edited)
16 hours ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

Failing EJ Manuel would have the best qb rating on the Bills right now. 😉

I grant you he only threw 25 passes last year, but I think it's fair to say EJ probably wouldn't have beaten Matt Barkley's passer rating last year of 117.4.

Edited by Thurman#1

On 7/25/2019 at 9:29 PM, Doc said:

Watkins, Woods and Goodwin, if they were all focused, healthy, and mature.

I think weve had some talent at the WR position....we just never had a QB that could give them the opportunities.

A duo like Moulds/Price only comes around every so often- I am not so sure we have that level on this team, but it looks alot more promising than it has. As of now, Moulds >Brown , Price> Beasley/Zay... lets hope this group comes close to the production the former had.