Deep dive on Mitch Morse in TBN - great story

https://buffalonews.com/2019/07/24/buffalo-bills-mitch-morse-kansas-city-chiefs-university-of-missouri-nfl-football/

“His brother grounds him in the reality of life," Kevin says. "Mitch has always been somebody who’s been part of the solution. I think it was a Brazilian philosopher who said that the blessing is very near the wound. And it is.

• Like (+1) 6
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 4

Wow - hits you in the gut!  Sure glad he is the center for the Bills and I pray for his family.  Not that they need it - seems like they have this down pat.  I truly wonder how I would have reacted....I am sure my intestinal fortitude pales in comparison to Robby and Mitch's parents.

Good article. On a more random note, did anyone notice his girlfriend (or wife, I'm not sure) in the first episode (I think) of Embedded? She's just about even with him in height, so I went and checked how tall the dude is and he's 6'6". Yowza.

Stunning story. It’s amazing how people can rise up to accept overwhelming circumstances and persevere. I admire Mitch and his family as well as Coach McDermott having new players address the team for short bios to expedite comaraderie with their new teammates. No one could walk away after hearing this story and not be moved by it.

• Like (+1) 2

5 hours ago, Mrbojanglezs said:

I would not have been as forgiving as his parents to that babysitter. Babysitter 101...dont shake the baby. 

Unbelievable. 

It would be very hard not to seek retribution and revenge for something like that. I can only imagine what I would do if someone hurt one of my children, but I'm pretty sure forgiveness and moving on would not be where my mind would be. I'd probably be fetching my shotgun.

Very good article, and adds to an enormous amount of respect I have for Mitch Morse. Our best FA signing for sure, will be extremely important for Josh, and I really liked everything I heard him talk about in interviews before I knew anything about this. I dig the huge nasty monster on the field and sincere empathetic guy off it. There are a lot of them. Great signing by Beane and Company.

• Like (+1) 6

What a story. Amazing resiliency shown by this family—we can all learn a little bit about how to treat others and deal with setbacks in our lives from this example. It also just makes you want to cheer that extra bit for this team to make it—so many good dudes that Beane has brought together. Mitch is the man.