BillyWhiteShows

John Warrow’s High Praise For Beane & McDermott Regime

The truth will come from the W-L record but man does Wawrow seem to be right.  I can’t remember an offseason where there has been so much momentum going into the season.  The Bills had a tough year last year but emerged from it with Josh Allen taking steps forward.  With the exception of a true #1 WR on the roster they have addressed gaps and in many cases with more than one potential starter.

WR aside, as I think they will get production out of the group they have, the only real question remaining after last season is will special teams improve?  The Bills were flat out awful at ST’s last season.  The flip side of this is that the D returns nearly intact and should only be better with Oliver at the 3T.  This D has the potential to be scary good.

• Like (+1) 11
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thanks! (+1) 1

the praise for beane and mcclappity are well deserved.

wawrow is one of the crown jewels of TBD....we are lucky to have him.

• Like (+1) 12
  • Thanks! (+1) 2

Couldnt agree more.  I've been making the exact same points for a while now.  This is what a real GM with a vision looks like.

• Like (+1) 2

There are real football guys running the team now.  

I'm all in with Beane and McDermott.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thanks! (+1) 2

25 minutes ago, papazoid said:

the praise for beane and mcclappity are well deserved.

wawrow is one of the crown jewels of TBD....we are lucky to have him.

....and here I thought Pegula would heed the advice of TBD posting pundits and fire them both......

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 9
  • Thanks! (+1) 2

I agree.

Avoiding the quick fixes and haven't mortgaged the future.

Still a lot to prove, but they look good. A far better big-picture sense of how to go about this than any regime since the '90s.. 

Posted (edited)
54 minutes ago, BillyWhiteShows said:

Take this for what you will.  Probably one of the most reliable, informed, and well-connected Bills reporters has great things to say about what Beane and McDermott have done over the past 3 years.

i can't imagine what this team would be like under somebody else.

Edited by dollars 2 donuts
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Thanks! (+1) 1

And in taking those "lumps" they still managed to win 15 games in two years and end the playoff drought.  Good times ahead.

• Like (+1) 12
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thanks! (+1) 1

37 minutes ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

....and here I thought Pegula would heed the advice of TBD posting pundits and fire them both......

LOL many here have wanted them

both fired and were like “We never should’ve gotten rid of Doug Marrone” or”Doug Whaley was a better GM than Beane”. 😅😅😅😅😅😅

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1

44 minutes ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

I don't know what the McBeanes know about hockey but maybe he should get their input on rebuilding the Sabres?

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2
  • Thanks! (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

I don't know what the McBeanes know about hockey but maybe he should get their input on rebuilding the Sabres?

...Josh between the pipes??..........

1 hour ago, BuffaloBill said:

The truth will come from the W-L record but man does Wawrow seem to be right.  I can’t remember an offseason where there has been so much momentum going into the season.  The Bills had a tough year last year but emerged from it with Josh Allen taking steps forward.  With the exception of a true #1 WR on the roster they have addressed gaps and in many cases with more than one potential starter.

WR aside, as I think they will get production out of the group they have, the only real question remaining after last season is will special teams improve?  The Bills were flat out awful at ST’s last season.  The flip side of this is that the D returns nearly intact and should only be better with Oliver at the 3T.  This D has the potential to be scary good.

Day 3 .. time to draft a punter to help with ST's

• Haha (+1) 1

This is exactly right. To have a front office who sees a drafts strengths and weakness ahead of time. Sees depth and value can be had in different rounds is what has been lacking. Beane and McDermott are on the same page. I think McDermott and his OC are working together to identify needs and expressing those to the front office and they are executing. Great things ahead for this team. 

Love what they've done with the offensive line.

The recievers and pass rush still concern me, not sure they have enough there, more so at reciever, but assuming Allen continues to progress there should be no reason this team isnt competing for a playoff spot come late December.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thanks! (+1) 1

How can this be true?  We passed on DK Metcalf TWO times and didn’t trade up for him a 3rd

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

27 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

The recievers and pass rush still concern me, not sure they have enough there, more so at reciever, but assuming Allen continues to progress there should be no reason this team isnt competing for a playoff spot come late December.

I wanted a WR too but the truth of the matter is, if they draft a rookie WR in Round 3 it is going to tough to get him snaps on the field.  The WR is crowded for next year, and hopefully in 2020 there were be some good options

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, ScottLaw said:

I'd like to see another WR with size.  I think Ed Oliver is going to help the pass rush quite a bit.  Not only will he be more disruptive than Kyle Williams was at the end of his career, (and I love Kyle Williams) his elite skill set and athleticism is going to pull attention away from Jerry Hughes.  Hopefully, Shaq Lawson will continue to improve on the other side, and maybe with another year removed from his injury, Buffalo can get something from Trent Murphy.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks! (+1) 1

Reporter made some good points but also likes bands that dress up like giant eyeballs so who knows?

• Like (+1) 3
  • Haha (+1) 2

I know I haven't felt this good about the team in many years. sure, proof is in the pudding but the ingredients the last two years has made for what should be a successful run at the division and beyond.

call me impressed 

• Like (+1) 1