Miami: Acquires QB Josh Rosen

11 minutes ago, WideRightRevenge said:

Steve Smith summed it up on this guy ... can't wait for Ed O, Lorax, Edmunds, and Hughes to pound him 2 times a year

McD is going to frustrate the **** outta Rosen. Force him into turnovers . I'll give him another 5 years max in the NFL. On team 2 already , Dolphins might pick a QB with the first Pick next year!

• Like (+1) 1

Is it really about his "politics"? I think I'm on the same nebulous side as his politics and I'm pretty sure that the real argument against this guy is that he's an entitled little ***** that hasn't actually done anything yet. He didn't even handle this like a professional. Who is this dude?

Holy hell did we ever draft the right Josh. Welcome to the division, little Josh.

Edited by Nelius

56 minutes ago, Buffalo86 said:

If you believe in veteran QBs mentoring younger players, Fitz would seem to be about as good as it gets.  If Rosen isn't a complete knucklehead, he could learn a lot.  Hopefully not, though.

Fitzpatrick's mentoring comes with a gaurenteed injury to the starter, so there's that to consider.

• SDS changed the title to Miami:

Here is the thing for me on Rosen and it’s the very thing I was down on him in the first place.

It’s not what he did on the field Sundays, it’s what he does off the field, in the locker room, in camp, in practice, etc etc.  He had a whole year to show the Cardinals he loves football, he will put the work in, he is coachable, he can be a real leader, he can motivate and elevate the people around him, etc.  These things have nothing to do with the talent around him and 100% are in Josh's control.

He has never scored well in those intangibles.  Does he have a talented arm, yes.  Does he have the potential to be able to read defenses, yes.  

BUT after spending a lot to get Rosen in both draft assets and $$$, he didn’t win over this organization in those key areas.  

Thats is the difference between Allen and Rosen.  Similar stats, but Allen took command of this team.  He sold his coaches and teammates he has everything needed to be a franchise QB with better talent around him.  

Rosen fell flat there as he always has and now will have ONE season to try again to now sell the Dolphins on those things or he will see them also draft a first round QB next year.

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Here is the thing for me on Rosen and it’s the very thing I was down on him in the first place.

It’s not what he did on the field Sundays, it’s what he does off the field, in the locker room, in camp, in practice, etc etc.  He had a whole year to show the Cardinals he loves football, he will put the work in, he is coachable, he can be a real leader, he can motivate and elevate the people around him, etc.  These things have nothing to do with the talent around him and 100% are in Josh's control.

He has never scored well in those intangibles.  Does he have a talented arm, yes.  Does he have the potential to be able to read defenses, yes.  

BUT after spending a lot to get Rosen in both draft assets and $$$, he didn’t win over this organization in those key areas.  

Thats is the difference between Allen and Rosen.  Similar stats, but Allen took command of this team.  He sold his coaches and teammates he has everything needed to be a franchise QB with better talent around him.  

Rosen fell flat there as he always has and now will have ONE season to try again to now sell the Dolphins on those things or he will see them also draft a first round QB next year.

I think this is a load of crap. Kliff wanted his guy and that’s exactly what he got. The Cardinals mishandled this thing from the beginning but I don’t think it had much to do with how hard Rosen worked during the week.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 3

2 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Who knows whether that is the case or not. It might be. Larry Fitz apparently disagrees with you. I just think he ended up in a situation that totally disintegrated and it didn't disintegrate because of Josh Rosen. That said not sure how much more stable the Dolphins are. While Josh Allen had comparable lack of talent around him he had a stable organisation that was being led by calm, sensible, serious people in Beane and McDermott.  

• Like (+1) 2

Just now, Bangarang said:

I think this is a load of crap. Kliff wanted his guy and that’s exactly what he got. The Cardinals mishandled this thing from the beginning but I don’t think it had much to do with how hard Rosen worked during the week.

I think what you just said is a load of crap.  Why...because If you are committed to Josh Rosen, then you DONT hire a head coach who wants another QB.  

1 minute ago, Alphadawg7 said:

I think what you just said is a load of crap.  Why...because If you are committed to Josh Rosen, then you DONT hire a head coach who wants another QB.  

They didn't. Indeed the hiring process was about finding a guy to work with Josh Rosen. Then once in the job Kingsbury said he wanted a new QB and the owner decided to go with him. Based on a GM who hasn't hit on a first round pick in 6 years I can see why Bidwell decided to do that. The whole situation has been a total ***** show. 

1 minute ago, GunnerBill said:

Who knows whether that is the case or not. It might be. Larry Fitz apparently disagrees with you. I just think he ended up in a situation that totally disintegrated and it didn't disintegrate because of Josh Rosen. That said not sure how much more stable the Dolphins are. While Josh Allen had comparable lack of talent around him he had a stable organisation that was being led by calm, sensible, serious people in Beane and McDermott.  

Im not saying he failed in all those areas, I’m saying those are the areas where you show a staff YOU ARE the guy is all.  Rosen clearly left something to be desired there or he would still be an Arizona Cardinal.  And it’s the those very areas that were his Achilles heal during the draft process as well.  There is a reason he was not even on some teams boards and why multiple GMs said they would never want him.

Just now, GunnerBill said:

They didn't. Indeed the hiring process was about finding a guy to work with Josh Rosen. Then once in the job Kingsbury said he wanted a new QB and the owner decided to go with him. Based on a GM who hasn't hit on a first round pick in 6 years I can see why Bidwell decided to do that. The whole situation has been a total ***** show. 

I don’t buy that Kliff was committed to Rosen when he was hired.  

Just now, Alphadawg7 said:

Im not saying he failed in all those areas, I’m saying those are the areas where you show a staff YOU ARE the guy is all.  Rosen clearly left something to be desired there or he would still be an Arizona Cardinal.  And it’s the those very areas that were his Achilles heal during the draft process as well.  There is a reason he was not even on some teams boards and why multiple GMs said they would never want him.

I just don't think we know that. Because the whole thing was such a shambles behind the scenes. What you say might be right but I don't think it is necessarily the case. 

7 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

You can say that but how much time did he really have to win over this new regime with no ties to him? Fun narratives are easy to write after the fact. Kliff might even like the dude but just thinks he found a better qb and can’t pass on upgrading the biggest position in football. They might’ve done the same to Allen if they got him last year.

3 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

The cards are a special kind of organizational disaster for a long time 

I just don't think we know that. Because the whole thing was such a shambles behind the scenes. What you say might be right but I don't think it is necessarily the case. 

Exactly 

• Like (+1) 2

8 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

I don’t buy that Kliff was committed to Rosen when he was hired.  

I don't either. But he said he was to get the job.  It was basically all they talked about in the hiring process. Finding the right guy for Josh. I think Kliff played Steve Keim who doesn't strike me as being very smart. As I said in my day 2 debrief..... if the Cards stink again (think they will) Kliff will be safe and Keim will be out and the Kliff suddenly has a huge amount of power in the organisation. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, NoSaint said:

You can say that but how much time did he really have to win over this new regime with no ties to him? Fun narratives are easy to write after the fact. Kliff might even like the dude but just thinks he found a better qb and can’t pass on upgrading the biggest position in football. They might’ve done the same to Allen if they got him last year.

The cards are a special kind of organizational disaster for a long time 

Exactly 

They could have KEPT Rosen and let him battle it out like Brees and Rivers.  

Sorry not buying this excuse either.  His contract is peanuts, they already paid him his money.  Cost nothing to keep him and Murray is no lock to succeed like any rookie.  They also got a pretty light return on him.  I mean they couldn’t even get Miami’s second round pick.  They got Miami’s traded down 2nd round pick.  

Whats more important...Andy Isabella or having two first round QBs to double down on the odds one becomes the Franchise?  

They obviously did NOT feel Rosen had a shot at pushing Murray to start.  They could have even sat Murray to start the year to develop while Rosen got another chance to make his case and traded the loser next year.

Never seen so many excuses made for a QB that wasn’t a Bill.

• Like (+1) 2

17 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

They were obviously sold on the idea that Kliff could have success with his own guy. 

You speculating that it’s because Rosen didn’t work hard Monday through Saturday is just a giant grasp at straws. 

4 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

They could have KEPT Rosen and let him battle it out like Brees and Rivers.  

Sorry not buying this excuse either.  His contract is peanuts, they already paid him his money.  Cost nothing to keep him and Murray is no lock to succeed like any rookie.  They also got a pretty light return on him.  I mean they couldn’t even get Miami’s second round pick.  They got Miami’s traded down 2nd round pick.  

Whats more important...Andy Isabella or having two first round QBs to double down on the odds one becomes the Franchise?  

They obviously did NOT feel Rosen had a shot at pushing Murray to start.  They could have even sat Murray to start the year to develop while Rosen got another chance to make his case and traded the loser next year.

Never seen so many excuses made for a QB that wasn’t a Bill.

There is no way they could have kept Rosen. If he outplayed Murray, it would be a PR disaster.

i get it. You don’t like Rosen because some fans here wanted him instead of Allen.  But I would defend any qb in the same situation.  His first year defensive coach was fired after a year. His OC was fired in the middle of the year and Byron Leftwich became his OC.  His best rb was coming off a major injury.  He had the worst o line in the nfl.

if you can’t see how bad of a situation this was, you just hate the guy.  I would feel the same for any qb in that situation.  I hate that he went to Miami because I think he can still be a good qb and I want him to stick it to Arizona.

but he speaks out on social issues and unfollowed the team that drafted his replacement on social media. Scumbag!

• Like (+1) 1

Well nobody, but nobody, be it former players, coaches, media guys thought that was a realistic option. 

Doenst matter what those people think.  All that matters is if AZ thinks Rosen is worth it.  They did not think enough of him to go that route.  

Allen and Rosen put up similar stats.  One team gave their QB a bounty of help.  The other said we are trusting an unaccomplished HC more than our opinion of our first round pick QB.

BOTTOM LINE:  There is NO denying Rosen did NOT win over the AZ organization.  Period.  If he had, he would be the QB of the Cardinals and Bosa or Quennin would be anchoring their defense.  No organization let’s an unproven HC ship out a top 10 QB they just drafted, traded up for, and paid a bunch of money to if they are sold on the kid.  Rosen did NOT win them over, just like how he didn’t win over many teams in the draft process of many people who have been around him.  

Just now, Alphadawg7 said:

Doenst matter what those people think.  All that matters is if AZ thinks Rosen is worth it.  They did not think enough of him to go that route.  

Allen and Rosen put up similar stats.  One team gave their QB a bounty of help.  The other said we are trusting an unaccomplished HC more than our opinion of our first round pick QB.

BOTTOM LINE:  There is NO denying Rosen did NOT win over the AZ organization.  Period.  If he had, he would be the QB of the Cardinals and Bosa or Quennin would be anchoring their defense.  No organization let’s an unproven HC ship out a top 10 QB they just drafted, traded up for, and paid a bunch of money to if they are sold on the kid.  Rosen did NOT win them over, just like how he didn’t win over many teams in the draft process of many people who have been around him.  

The funniest thing is if the Bills drafted Rosen, you would doing backflips to defend him. 

3 minutes ago, Bangarang said:

They were obviously sold on the idea that Kliff could have success with his own guy. 

You speculating that it’s because Rosen didn’t work hard Monday through Saturday is just a giant grasp at straws. 

I did not say that.  I listed areas where QBs show their potential.  I said he struggles in areas like that, never said specifically he didnt work hard.  Read my post again, you took it differently then written.

3 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

The funniest thing is if the Bills drafted Rosen, you would doing backflips to defend him. 

Sorry you are wrong.  You don’t know me very well then.  I’ve hated just about every QB we have had.  I was constantly in arguments with Trent defenders, Fitzgerald defenders, EJ defenders.  I hated the idea of trading up to get Rosen, did not want to draft him, and was all in on Baker or Allen.

The only QB I did defend was Tyrod...he wasn’t the long term solution but also wasn’t as bad as his staunches haters made him out to be either.

Edited by Alphadawg7

2 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

I did not say that.  I listed areas where QBs show their potential.  I said he struggles in areas like that, never said specifically he didnt work hard.  Read my post again, you took it differently then written.

You specifically said he had a whole year to show the coaches he loved football, will put the work in and is coachable.

Do you have anything to prove that they moved on from him specifically because of those reasons?

On 4/27/2019 at 8:18 AM, C.Biscuit97 said:

There is no way they could have kept Rosen. If he outplayed Murray, it would be a PR disaster.

i get it. You don’t like Rosen because some fans here wanted him instead of Allen.  But I would defend any qb in the same situation.  His first year defensive coach was fired after a year. His OC was fired in the middle of the year and Byron Leftwich became his OC.  His best rb was coming off a major injury.  He had the worst o line in the nfl.

if you can’t see how bad of a situation this was, you just hate the guy.  I would feel the same for any qb in that situation.  I hate that he went to Miami because I think he can still be a good qb and I want him to stick it to Arizona.

but he speaks out on social issues and unfollowed the team that drafted his replacement on social media. Scumbag!

First, this myth that people don’t like him because he speaks out in social issues is over exaggerated.  People don’t like him because they say he is a deuche.  I live in LA and know several people who know Josh directly, and every one of them says the same thing about just not really liking him.  It has nothing to do with speaking out on social issues and it makes me laugh when I see this excuse because lots of players speak on social issues without the backlash.

I never said his situation was great.  But you don’t think his coaches and front offices knew that too?  Of course they knew he had a poor cast, they were there.  

Rosen still failed to convince the people in the organization he had what it takes to be a franchise QB with a better cast.  Had he done that, he would be an AZ Cardinal still.  They passed on generational defensive talent to instead take a QB with his own risks because they weren’t convinced he is their guy.

Edited by Alphadawg7
  • Like (+1) 1

5 hours ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Lol.  First, this myth that people don’t like him because he speaks out in social issues is

comical.  People don’t like because he is a total deuche.  I live in LA and know several people who know Josh directly, and every one of them says the same thing.  It has nothing to do with speaking out on social issues and it makes me laugh when I see this excuse. 

I never said his situation was great.  But guess what, you don’t think his coaches and front offices knew that too?  Of course they knew he had a poor cast, they were there.  

Rosen still failed to convince the people in the organization he had what it takes to be a franchise QB with a better cast.  Had he done that, he would be an AZ Cardinal still.  They passed on generational defensive talent to instead take a QB with his own risks because he failed to show them he is their guy.

Right it's the difference where Allen at 7 said how happy he was to get drafted by Buffalo and that he's ready to get to work. Rosen at 10 says there were 9 mistakes before me.

17 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

Wow, such a d bag.  Wish he handled himself more like Steve Smith.  

https://mobile.twitter.com/josh3rosen/status/1122236469412687872

You realize he has an agent and a PR team right?  Lmao.  Of course he has to try and save face.  He just got dumped and is going to a team that is going to be in position most likely to take the top QB in years draft.  He MUST dispel this cloud around him if he wants a legit shot in Miami.  

Every other time this guy has spoke he has hurt his image.  He has a team around him trying to help him succeed, guarantee they set this up, I mean someone is there with a camera and he likely prepared the statement.

And nothing wrong with that, it’s a good move.  But let’s not disregard everything to this point because he did this one video that was almost guaranteed to have been set up by his team. 

On 4/26/2019 at 10:52 AM, Albany,n.y. said:

This Rosen stuff reminds me of the incompetence of Buddy Nix.  He drafted Spiller in the 1st round and totally devalued Marshawn Lynch's trade value by not trading him until 1 month into the season.  As it turned out, drafting Spiller was a mistake & 1st demoralizing Lynch and then shipping him off for what turned out to be Chris Hairston & Tank Carder, who got waived before the start of his rookie year, was an even bigger mistake.  When Marshawn talks he's very diplomatic about his trade from the Bills.  The truth is from the draft until October the Bills basically treated him as persona non grata and he saw his carries decreased in 2010 and then the Bills got virtually nothing for him in a trade when Buddy could have gotten a lot more if he had handled the situation differently.  Even worse, the Bills never needed Spiller to begin with since they already had Fred Jackson.  

those were the days

• Like (+1) 1

https://www.azcentral.com/story/sports/nfl/cardinals/2019/04/27/josh-rosen-receives-ovation-thanks-fans-larry-fitzgeralds-softball-game/3605463002/

A day after being traded away by the Cardinals, Rosen was out at Larry Fitzgerald’s Celebrity Softball Game. The Republic learned he stayed in Arizona specifically for the event, which benefits Fitzgerald's First Down Fund. 

His last night in Arizona was certainly a memorable one. Rosen will leave after receiving a standing ovation, some closure, and two massive trophies. He won the home run derby and was named MVP of the game. 

"I think that’s just a testament to who he is as a man," Fitzgerald said. "He could have very easily gone down to Miami already, or just said, ‘Hey, I’m not gonna do it,’ but it shows you his commitment, his character, and just friendship. I’m very fortunate to call him a friend. Looking forward to seeing him do great things in Miami."

• Thank you (+1) 1