Interesting draft tidbits that don't fit in any thread, may be smoke, may be true

Schrager on NFLN, Cards not looking to sell Rosen of 60 cents on the dollar. Will take Murray, but will keep Rosen unless they can get a 1

Mooch - other teams will want Rosen to be a back up  and be groomed to be the #1

2 hours ago, section122 said:

https://mobile.twitter.com/joegoodberry/status/1120809020607143938?s=21

This guy apparently always gets the bengals pick.  He stated that jonah williams would be the pick but he doesn't see him lasting until 11.

Tweet didn't imbed but Dave Lapham has Andre Dillard going 11 to the Bengals.

He has gotten 5 of the last 7 picks right and the 2 he missed were off the board when the Bengals picked.  Seems like a lock.

Did he have the Bills ?

5 minutes ago, Buffalo Barbarian said:

in years past we basically knew who we were picking at 1, not much info this year but have heard a lot of indirect linking to Jonah Williams. 

i think he will be the pick.

i think he could be another Joe Thomas.

I'm almost positive it is a lineman; how the draft falls will dictate OL vs DL.

DJ NFLN also say Q. Williams is perfect for the Jets with Leonard Williams

• Like (+1) 2

Schrager on NFLN Oak loves Oliver at 4 and Gruden wants Josh Jacobs, might have to move up for him

Mooch - thinks they will take 3 Defenders in RD1 to make up for Mack and all 3 will cost  less then Mack - This is stupid IMO, so most likely what they do

• Like (+1) 1

DJ on NFLN saying if Lock falls to 30, Packers will very likely take him, QB will be highest player on their board may very well take him. Favre was 35 when they took Rodgers, Rodgers is now 35

DJ likes Fant for Cheats. If you can get Fant in the 20s go for it

Charles Davis great TEs in RDs2-4 don't bother trading up for TE

55 minutes ago, Buffalo Barbarian said:

Did he have the Bills ?

No he's a cincy guy with some connection inside their building.  Most fans are treating it as a truth due to his track record so I figured I would share it.  It was a day or 2 ago but there really wasn't a good place to put it until this thread.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, section122 said:

No he's a cincy guy with some connection inside their building.  Most fans are treating it as a truth due to his track record so I figured I would share it.  It was a day or 2 ago but there really wasn't a good place to put it until this thread.

If you find any Bills info let us know.

16 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Atlanta wants to trade to 9 for Wilkins? I know they really like him... wonder what the return would be 

And then there is this:

I'm convinced this year, no one knows  s h i t

https://twitter.com/JoshNorris/status/1121260117138210816

Edited by Reed83HOF

45 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Atlanta wants to trade to 9 for Wilkins? I know they really like him... wonder what the return would be 

They could do something like #9 and #74 for #14, #45, and #137...That's pretty close...

I don't see why the Bills would do it unless #45 was coming back in the package...

But maybe that's just me...?

1 hour ago, YoloinOhio said:

Atlanta giving us their 3rd and 4th rounder to move up 5 spots works out perfectly on the trade chart....I'd love that.  That would give the Bills two 3rd rounders and three 4th rounder in addition to their 1st and 2nd round picks.......That's ton of ammo to move up in rounds 1 and 2 to target guys they like

1 hour ago, YoloinOhio said:

Do you think Zay Jones will give Julio his jersey number?

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

7 hours ago, Reed83HOF said:

100000% agree. In the past, we never looked ahead, we went for Edmunds via last year because they knew this draft was thin at LB and he was a highly rated talent who was falling.

I do expect a TE in this draft I am thinking Jace is who we are looking at, he has time to groom and grow behind Kroft while we go after the talent on the lines in 1/2. I think WR is a consideration, but it is going to be weighted against the line talent. JMO

Huh?  White and Bush are just as good as Smith, Edmunds and Vander Esch.  

11 hours ago, DaBillsFanSince1973 said:

this may come back to bite this kid, may not?

Drew Lock: I’d rather go No. 32 to the right team than No. 1 to a bad team

gettyimages-1088519036-2-e1556152117401.

Lock says he wants to go to the right team, and he thinks he might be better off developing with a good team that has a low pick than ending up on a bad team with a high pick. In fact, Lock told Don Banks of Patriots.com that he would love to be Tom Brady‘s understudy.

“I’d 100 percent rather go 32nd to the right team than No. 1 to a bad team,’’ Lock said. “If that happened [being drafted by the Patriots], I’d be honored for sure.

Tom’s obviously there for a couple more years, but to be able to sit behind a guy like that and learn from one of the best quarterbacks of all time — if not the best — I think that’s an ideal situation for any quarterback.’

Drew Lock:

33rd overall pick drew lock ?

21 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Carr definitely regressed - but so did their offensive line.  The year they went 12-4 they put a huge investment in O-line.  Carr was sacked 51 times last year, and while his comp% went up, his TDs were down.  His YPA was actually a career high, but you can't just forget about 2017 when evaluating him either.  He was not very good.  

Seems like a Tannehill situation - His play doesn't dictate his pay.  The fact that they can get out of his contract in 2020 with only a 5 mil dead cap number is important.  If you like any of the QBs in this draft enough that you want to build around them, you would probably want to go for it.  You don't add Trent Brown, Antonio Brown, Tyrell Williams etc unless you are trying to be competitive this year, so the tank for tua method doesn't really work either.  

1 minute ago, dneveu said:

Carr definitely regressed - but so did their offensive line.  The year they went 12-4 they put a huge investment in O-line.  Carr was sacked 51 times last year, and while his comp% went up, his TDs were down.  His YPA was actually a career high, but you can't just forget about 2017 when evaluating him either.  He was not very good.  

Seems like a Tannehill situation - His play doesn't dictate his pay.  The fact that they can get out of his contract in 2020 with only a 5 mil dead cap number is important.  If you like any of the QBs in this draft enough that you want to build around them, you would probably want to go for it.  You don't add Trent Brown, Antonio Brown, Tyrell Williams etc unless you are trying to be competitive this year, so the tank for tua method doesn't really work either.  

I actually think Haskins is similar to Carr, but he’s better pre-snap and gets the ball out faster. I just think Gruden wants to draft “his guy” and is going to trade Carr

2 minutes ago, dneveu said:

Did he really though? He threw for over 4k yards, 19 TD's, 10 INT's, and completed near 70% of his passes. All this while he had a poor O-line, and his number 1 target was dealt away. 

I love Josh Allen, but if he somehow produced numbers like this, we'd be giving him the key to the city. 

1 minute ago, TOboy said:

Did he really though? He threw for over 4k yards, 19 TD's, 10 INT's, and completed near 70% of his passes. All this while he had a poor O-line, and his number 1 target was dealt away. 

I love Josh Allen, but if he somehow produced numbers like this, we'd be giving him the key to the city. 

His avg annual salary is 8th in the league at QB, and he's... Tannehill basically.  His guarantee after this year goes down to 5 million - its an ideal time to replace him and build something new.

9 minutes ago, TOboy said:

To me, Gruden hasn’t made moves that “make sense” in a vacuum. He’s turning over the team to reflect his vision, one by one. And some of those decisions are financial driven. A new QB that is his and Mayock’s “guy” on a 5 year cost controlled deal is very much on-brand with what we’ve seen thus far 

Edited by YoloinOhio
  • Like (+1) 3

1 minute ago, dneveu said:

His avg annual salary is 8th in the league at QB, and he's... Tannehill basically.  His guarantee after this year goes down to 5 million - its an ideal time to replace him and build something new.

You might be right about the timing to replace, and it's Gruden, so who the hell knows. But I don't think Tannehill is a good comp. The guy isn't nearly as good, and he's always injured. 

1 minute ago, YoloinOhio said:

To me, Gruden hasn’t made moves that “make sense” in a vacuum. He’s turning over the team to reflect his vision, one by one. And some of those decisions are financial driven. A new QB that is his and Mayock’s “guy” on a 5 year cost controlled deal is very much on-brand with what we’ve seen thus far 

Can't disagree with that. Gruden is gonna Gruden. 

Great post!!!

The first link is 100% on the money, and I have been saying this for weeks. There will be 3 receivers coming out of Alabama next season that range from very good to excellent. This is only 1 school mind you. The 2020 draft will be chock full of talent at skill positions, to the point that I hope that we trade down and pick up an extra 1st for next year.

18 minutes ago, BuffaloHokie13 said:

9 & 74 for 14, 45, & 172

I was trying to find a way to do it without the Bills giving up 74 but they’d be getting a premium. I’d rather both 4’s personally because I think day 2 is the strength of this draft. It is just too much of a premium. I think that the other option is a 3&4 from Atlanta for 9. If they have 2 3’s and 3 4’s maybe that’s better ammo to get the 4 picks in the 1st 2 days that I want? 

1 minute ago, Kirby Jackson said:

I was trying to find a way to do it without the Bills giving up 74 but they’d be getting a premium. I’d rather both 4’s personally because I think day 2 is the strength of this draft. It is just too much of a premium. I think that the other option is a 3&4 from Atlanta for 9. If they have 2 3’s and 3 4’s maybe that’s better ammo to get the 4 picks in the 1st 2 days that I want? 

Yeah, there are ways to balance the value sheet without 74, but none of them feel reasonable to me. I don't think Atlanta wants 4 extra day 3 picks, nor do I think we want to give them all up. 112, 131, 147, and 181 are basically equal with 74 based on the Rich Hill chart. It just doesn't look normal though, feels like paying for a $20 shirt in quarters.

9, 112, 131, 147, & 181 for 14 & 45.

2 minutes ago, FeelingOnYouboty said:

Murray, Haskins and Jones going in the Top 8 helps us big time

EDIT: There's been push back about the Jets going for Oliver at #3. Folks are saying if they stay there which they don't want to do it might be Quinnen Williams.

Murray goes 1

Bosa goes 2

Washington goes full Washington and trades to 3, takes Jones.

Giants panic and flip with Oakland, take Haskins at 4.

Tampa takes White at 5

Raiders, fully flushed with picks, takes the guy Gruden supposedly loves in Lock at 6.

Bills give the Jags their 3rd and get Williams at 7.

• Awesome! (+1) 1