What are your plans for watching the draft?

when's the draft again?    thursday?   Bills draft , what, 9th?    so they don't pick until what, 9 or 10 pm?   might be back from my match by then... should work out.. its summertime babe, football is on the back burner now

draft is not very interesting at all to me.  I trust McBeanes to get it right.  I don't follow the college game enough to have strong opinions .. read a few articles which makes me a name dropper and that's about it

will record it in the highly unlikely case they trade up,

will be bringing a D.C. area crew up for Bills/Skins though.  folks from here have heard all my whoppers and now want to witness the tailgate scene.. that will be interesting..  :)

• Sad 1

10 hours ago, NewEra said:

Going to my local bar.  There’s a private room for the bar owner and his friends.  They play poker and watch the LV knights games there. I know a bartender there and he reserved it for us.  3 TVs in there so we can watch multiple stations and the nba playoffs.

i had open heart surgery 5 weeks ago and this is my first night out with the boys.  Really been looking forward to it. 

New Era hope you enjoy 1st guys night out.  I had Open Heart surgery almost one year ago.  Feeling better than ever.  Speedy recovery my friend. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

6 hours ago, Mark Vader said:

Not anymore. Does that make it a little less crowded?

It helps but only by a little.  But it's still going to be crazy down Broadway.  There's always a lot of people even when there is no Preds game.  You still have the Comedy showcase downtown this weekend along with the Music and Food fest.  There will be a lot of people for Food fest.  

Edited by NewEraBills
  • Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, freddyjj said:

New Era hope you enjoy 1st guys night out.  I had Open Heart surgery almost one year ago.  Feeling better than ever.  Speedy recovery my friend. 

So good to hear!!  Glad your healing process was a success!!  

And thank you!

10 hours ago, Augie said:

Happy birthday! Hopefully we get to celebrate Ed Oliver as a universal BDay gift! 

(I wrote that differently the first time, and it sounded dirty! My deepest apologies for even drafting that!) 

10 hours ago, ExWNYer said:

Give her the best present of all...a night out without you! She gets to go out and have fun while you get to 'sulk' at home. ?

TBH, it still sounds a little dirty. LOL It's all good!

Seeing it is falling on a Thursday, all wild and crazy plans will be postponed until the weekend. Thankfully, we have been through this drill before. I am taking Thursday off, will make her breakfast and such and put my time in before the draft and then after.

Wow it's been 10 years, but we were in Jamaica when the draft was going on (Maybin and Wood). I had $150 in text message fees because I didn't understand the Maybin pick with Orakpo on the board. I hate this team

• Haha (+1) 1

i still hate the newer format.  the saturday draft was just too good.  we would have a crew of 15 plus people come over, start grilling early, and then it would get ugly.  by late in the afternoon, we'd all be fighting each other.  the thursday first round still doesn't sit well with me.

that being said, i may get home a bit late to watch the first round with my shirt off.  

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, teef said:

i still hate the newer format.  the saturday draft was just too good.  we would have a crew of 15 plus people come over, start grilling early, and then it would get ugly.  by late in the afternoon, we'd all be fighting each other.  the thursday first round still doesn't sit well with me.

that being said, i may get home a bit late to watch the first round with my shirt off.  

Gettin AppleBees fo life son!! Get woke!

• Like (+1) 1

12 hours ago, Chandler#81 said:

Yes, I do my best work in the dark..

I close my eyes night or day. Watching me putt with the yips is like watching Charles Barkley try to get off the tee. Not a pretty sight......

I had to change my grip. 

• Like (+1) 1

I just know that they are going to keep us suffering.  

"We have a trade to announce !!  The Bills have traded down from #9 to #11 to the Cincinni Bengels.   They exchange the 9th and 11th picks and the Bills pick up the Bengals 4th round pick"                       okay, I wait to go the the bathroom and see who they take at #11

"Alert ,  we have just heard that the Buffalo Bills and the Washington Redskins have exchanged first round draft picks.  In compensation, the Bills will be receiving Washington's  3rd round draft pick!"       Okay, time for a piss break and another beer.

Two slices of pizza later....

"We have another Buffalo Bills trade !!  They have traded Washingtons Draft pick with the #24th pick that The Raiders received from the Bears. Buffalo gets the Raider's 3rd round draft pick"                Okay at this point I am pissed as hell and let my wife put on her hospital drama show.  For an hour.   Tuning back later...

There is no further mention of the Buffalo Bills for at least the next 90 minutes.  Almost, no mention.   Every couple of minutes the announcers say things like "Boy this is a wild night"   and "Who would have expected the Bills to pull off the deal they did !!?"   and "Well, it is no going to be an entirely new era in Buffalo"   and other &%^$&&  Scheiss like that without ever mentioning what happened.  My internet goes down and the wife and the dog go to the upstairs bedroom and hide.

Yep, you heard it hear first.

Edited by maryland-bills-fan

Ohhh great.  The Music City Marathon is this weekend also and they normally close off roads for it.  Yeah, I'm staying as far away from Broadway as possible.  You have about 20, 000 for the Jimmy Buffett concert, the Flea Market is always packed with up to 15 to 20 k people.  This is going to be wild.

The last 12 years I’ve taught a Karate class.

There is actually a pic of the day they traded up for Watkins, somewhere.

For the first time in forever, I’ll be home from the first pick on.

Beer and something to eat to be determined