What are your plans for watching the draft?

48 minutes ago, NewEra said:

Strange lives we live.  Heredity, exercise and diet.  2 things we have total control of and the other we are dealt. 

Keep up with the 10k steps a day if you can.  It’s a tough pill to swallow unless work involves a lot of walking.  Luckily for me, I walk between 13k and 28k a day.  I’m settling for an hour on the treadmill each day a until I can resume work in june

i appreciate the well wishes from everyone. ?

Yowza! I was a sedentary 4K/day all winter. A couple Fridays ago my son showed me at dinner my phone has been tracking me for YEARS! I had NO idea! I’m at 9,948 as of this moment. In NYC a few weeks ago I walked all day it seemed and got to 18k. I can’t imagine 28k!  

The draft is awesome! If this activity info sinks in with one person who becomes more active and gets to stay with their family for a few extra years, the draft looks irrelevant. 

Edited by Augie
  • Like (+1) 2

Just now, Augie said:

Yowza! I was a sedentary 4K/day all winter. A couple Fridays ago my son showed me at dinner my phone has been tracking me for YEARS! I had NO idea! I’m at 9,948 as of this moment. In NYC a few weeks ago I walked all day it seemed and got to 18k. I can’t imagine 28k!  

The draft is awesome! If this sinks in with one person who becomes more active and gets to stay with their family for a few extra years, the draft looks irrelevant. 

That’s amazing.  Keep it up!  

• Like (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, Chandler#81 said:

Snoring. My semi-retirement gig is 3 day/wk, 3rd shift gate security @ the Players Championship golf course. Sweet gig, really.

Works out well. I’ll just wake up and start banning people losing their shart on the pick.

Life is good.

Could you do some night putting?  

5 minutes ago, Reed83HOF said:

It's my wife's birthday, so we will see. :lol:

Happy birthday! Hopefully we get to celebrate Ed Oliver as a universal BDay gift! 

(I wrote that differently the first time, and it sounded dirty! My deepest apologies for even drafting that!) 

• Haha (+1) 1

22 minutes ago, Reed83HOF said:

It's my wife's birthday, so we will see. :lol:

Give her the best present of all...a night out without you! She gets to go out and have fun while you get to 'sulk' at home. ?

Low keying it here. Just watching at home with my younger son. First one without the older son who is finishing up his Freshman year at Virginia Tech (hard to believe it's gone so fast).

Hang in there @NewEra. A speedy recovery and all the best to you. GO BILLS!!! :beer:

• Thank you (+1) 1

I'm out here in SW Washington state and will be going to the neighbor's house to watch the draft.  I'm bringing over some Genesee beer (they actually sell it here; how cool) and cooking some tri-tip roast on a Traeger pellet smoker/grill and a side of pinquito beans.  Good stuff.

Edited by Peace Frog

I'll be in Nashville, watching it in the middle of the road at the NFL's makeshift auditorium.

This will be my 19th Draft, and my first ever visit to Nashville. Looking forward to it.

Can't wait to see how the Draft will look next year in Las Vegas.

• Like (+1) 1

Going to watch at home with some good food and beer. I’ll prob be wasted by the time we pick  ?

labatt-blue.png

2 hours ago, Logic said:

Ordering my favorite pizza in the world, the DeFino from Scottie's Pizza.

scotties-1200x900.jpg

Pairing it with some Disco Ninja Hazy IPA from Revision Brewing out of Nevada

revision-disco-ninja-4pack-cans_2048x204

And my favorite strain, Tangie Biscotti (I live in Oregon. No broken laws here)

tangiebiscottiGreenworksDistribution.jpg

And uh...yeah. That's about it. Should be a good time.

You my friend know how to party! 

2 hours ago, Logic said:

scotties-1200x900.jpg

Wait... -Karlos?

• Haha (+1) 2

3 hours ago, NewEraBills said:

I wanted to get tickets but I moved away from town.  I used to live on Charlotte Ave, but now I live out in the country.  But for anyone coming to Nashville, just be mindful that the Preds are in the playoffs so you'll have that going on and there's like 12 other events going on downtown in addition to the draft.  Good luck getting in and out of downtown.  That's one of the biggest reasons I just said screw it.  I'd have to drive another 45 mins home after trying to get from downtown for around an 1hr and 30 mins to 2 hours.  No thanks.

Not anymore. Does that make it a little less crowded?

3 hours ago, Logic said:

scotties-1200x900.jpg

The Tangie is delicious. I love living in Oregon, some of the best beer and herb in the country if not the world. I definitely won't say the best pizza, but that DeFino looks pretty tasty as well.

6 hours ago, Logic said:

scotties-1200x900.jpg

The beer and pizza sounds great, but Parmesan roasted Brussel sprouts don’t belong on the menu. 

• Haha (+1) 3

Draft starts 2 am in my time zone, which would really suck normally.

However, unless something goes very wrong I don't work on Friday, so I can stay awake through the whole thing. Also, I have already tickets to Avengers Endgame on 9.40 pm on Thursday, so it fills the time prior draft perfectly.