Sign in to follow this  
HOUSE

LeSean McCoy on the trading block?

4 hours ago, Mark Vader said:

NO!!!

Quiet, Mark is trying to make a point here...

• Haha (+1) 1

38 minutes ago, formerlyofCtown said:

Before the Oline fell off a cliff.

And yet the likes of Ivory were productive. Hmmm interesting 

The time to trade him was last year when the Eagles inquired.  Beane is a bit late if he's looking to trade McCoy.

Shady isn't going anywhere unless he requests such a move himself. Beane and McD love themselves some Shady. The 3 headed backfield of Shady/Gore/Yeldon is perfectly suited for keeping those older backs fresh and healthy throughout the season, all while keeping depth in case of injury. Even if the Bills draft a RB in the mid to late rounds of the draft, I assure you they won't be dealing McCoy. The Bills have no need to deal Shady. He isn't a cap liability. And whatever minimal asset they could receive in return wouldn't be worth it. I promise. This "Shady on the trading block" nonsense needs to go away. 

Posted (edited)

Would yall do this?

BILLS

McCoy + 40th pick + 5th Round pick

PHILLY

25th pick

Edited by LikeIGiveADarn

Can we move on from this fake news media speculation that literally ignores every real word that has come out of the real peoples mouths?

Beane, McD, Gore, etc have all repeatedly said they signed Gore because McCoy really wanted him here.  Gore said he came here because of his relationship with McCoy.  They said they want Gore here as a leader and inspiration on how to physically prepare to be in shape late in your career to be effective.  

McCoy isn't going anywhere unless someone calls Beane and makes him an offer he cant turn down.  But I cant see any scenario where Beane is now actively shopping McCoy IMO.  

Who knows, maybe someone did inquire about McCoy pending how the draft falls, and they signed TJ as insurance to pull off that trade if it falls that way.  Beane is a good enough GM that he will not hesitate to make the best decision at any given moment for this team.  But I seriously doubt that Beane is out there shopping McCoy.   

• Like (+1) 2

26 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

3.3 yards per carry is productive.

Hmmm interesting

Also so much better than Shadys 3.2.

Apparently you have also fallen off a cliff and landed on your head

• Like (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Can we move on from this fake news media speculation that literally ignores every real word that has come out of the real peoples mouths?

Beane, McD, Gore, etc have all repeatedly said they signed Gore because McCoy really wanted him here.  Gore said he came here because of his relationship with McCoy.  They said they want Gore here as a leader and inspiration on how to physically prepare to be in shape late in your career to be effective.  

McCoy isn't going anywhere unless someone calls Beane and makes him an offer he cant turn down.  But I cant see any scenario where Beane is now actively shopping McCoy IMO.  

Who knows, maybe someone did inquire about McCoy pending how the draft falls, and they signed TJ as insurance to pull off that trade if it falls that way.  Beane is a good enough GM that he will not hesitate to make the best decision at any given moment for this team.  But I seriously doubt that Beane is out there shopping McCoy.   

The issue isn’t even shopping. McCoy is 31. If he doesn’t have it in training camp, he’ll simply be cut.

Coach speak is just that. It means nothing if Shady’s lost a step.

This board is delusional if people think the line is Shady’s issue.

Posted (edited)
33 minutes ago, LikeIGiveADarn said:

Would yall do this?

BILLS

PHILLY

25th pick

Instantly.  But there’s no way Philly or anyone else offers anything close to that for Shady now.  That would value him as a 3rd round pick by the way. 

Edited by BarleyNY

It certainly seems like McCoy doesn't fit into the current plans of the Bills.

I still wish they had moved him last year at the deadline when his return would have arguably been greater than what they will get now--if they get anything at all.  He could easily simply be released.

He will be an interesting player to keep an eye on.

IMO Shady played very poorly last year for a RB with his salary-he rebounds this year or that is probably it for him. The OL was lousy last year but his performance was just as bad.

7 hours ago, eball said:

It's going to be fun watching Shady return to 2016-17 form behind an OL that can actually block, and then watching all of you start backtracking.

I will happily say I was wrong. But this is not happening. 

I don't think they are go ng to trade him.  I'm hopeful for a bounce back year.  As said before, he is about 2 years too late for value in a trade

1 hour ago, LikeIGiveADarn said:

Would yall do this?

BILLS

PHILLY

25th pick

In a heartbeat... and I like McCoy.

3 minutes ago, Playoffs? said:

In a heartbeat... and I like McCoy.

Even though you have no idea who is available at 25 but not at 40?

It would look stupid on their part at this point to trade him. If they were going to do it, it should have been last season and they let the deadline pass without making a deal where they could have gotten optimal value. He looked really bad last year, I doubt thy could get much of anything a this point.  They also keep saying how much he is a part of their "plan" next season, so I doubt it but anything is possible. 

1 hour ago, Alphadawg7 said:

...uh oh...it's only Monday and you want us to deal with this "voice of reason" stuff?...where the hell are your manners??...

• Like (+1) 1

8 hours ago, Gugny said:

Two years too late.

Yup...we tried to tell them Gugs 😁

• Haha (+1) 1

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, LikeIGiveADarn said:

Would yall do this?

BILLS

PHILLY

25th pick

No.

BTW, Where you from, Bro. I havent seen many"yall"s on this board, thats Okie slang!

Edited by BUFFALOKIE
  • Thanks! (+1) 1

2 hours ago, MAJBobby said:

No.

Not really interesting at all.

Two different backs. No shifty back was going to have as much success as a straight ahead runner would behind that o-line.

5 hours ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

There aren’t many players on this roster who shouldn’t be untouchable.

Unless they have a no trade clause in contract they are tradeable. 

• Thanks! (+1) 1

Posted (edited)
9 hours ago, McBean said:

Should’ve been done 2 years ago.

I’ve wanted McCoy gone for a very long time.

If we can get anything out of him at this point, you send him packing.

9 hours ago, McBean said:

I agree, but I’m also somewhat happy it didn’t happen two years ago. We’d still have that pesky playoff drought nonsense looming over the franchise. A lot can be said for that streak being over. 

Edited by SirAndrew
  • Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, eanyills said:

This board is delusional if people think the line is Shady’s issue.

He's 31, I'd be skeptical if he hadn't lost a step.

Still, the main issue has been the line.  Looking at the free agency acquisitions, Beane seems to agree.

• Like (+1) 1

Whether it was the Line or not I think we can all agree that Shady appeared to be simply going through the motions in quite a few games last year. Let’s hope he’s used the offseason to regroup and come back ready to make a statement in 2019.

Sign in to follow this