Do you want a WR at 9?

GreggTX

Do you want a WR at 9? The reason I ask is that there don't appear to be any WR's in this draft rated that high and we already have Beasley, Brown, Jones and Foster and a couple others. Maybe we should even wait until next year to bring in someone that could be elite. 

One way that the Bills could maximize their talent at WR is by using 4 WR sets and forcing other teams to use 3 or even 4 CB's to cover them all. All of the WR's I listed are average or better. How many teams have 4 CB's that are average or better? Our #3 and #4 WR's could have pretty decent numbers this year because that's where you'll find our most favorable mismatches. Imagine Jones or Foster all day against a dumpster dive CB that just signed. I'll take that matchup all day long.

Edited by GreggTX

1 minute ago, GreggTX said:

Do you want a WR at 9? The reason I ask is that there don't appear to be any WR's in this draft rated that high and we already have Beasley, Brown, Jones and Roberts and a couple others. Maybe we should even wait until next year to bring in someone that could be elite. 

One way that the Bills could maximize their talent at WR is by using 4 WR sets and forcing other teams to use 3 or even 4 CB's to cover them all. All of the WR's I listed are average or better. How many teams have 4 CB's that are average or better? Our #3 and #4 WR's could have pretty decent numbers this year because that's where you'll find our most favorable mismatches.

That’s the way it appears, so no thank you. I’m not opposed to a WR, but I AM opposed to reaching. 

• Like (+1) 1

If all of the top defensive talent is gone, and our regime can't trade down, and are going to pick a right tackle or a guard, I would strongly prefer they take a shot on Hockenson or Metcalf. 

If all of the top defensive talent is gone, I'd rather take a boom or bust receiver then an offensive linemen. Or I'd just take Hockenson. 

In 2020, unless you can get Tyreek Hill or Amari Cooper or Michael Thomas, or you really like old guys, it's going to be hard to get better receivers. Like I said, Metcalf scares me, but if Oliver etc are all gone, I'm willing to take a shot. 

Edited by MrEpsYtown
  • Like (+1) 2

I wouldn’t mind Metcalf at 9.  High risk high reward and finally a guy defenses will have to account for.  I also think we could use him in the running game the way the Pats used Cordarrelle Patterson last year.  Then go D-line at 40.  There will be plenty of talent still available.

• Like (+1) 2

These threads though..

Dont need a calendar to tell us we’re 11 days from the Draft. 

To those upset I shut down lame Draft threads the last couple months when the comments/questions could & should have been added to existing threads, but don’t see the same aggressiveness now, know that it was an effort to stave off everybody creating threads for their personal view on topics currently being discussed.

Your defiance is noteworthy, if not legendary.

Carry on.

• Haha (+1) 5

3 minutes ago, Misterbluesky said:

Jawaan Taylor,OT,University of Florida

I agree.  If all the top DL guys are gone then take OT.

9 minutes ago, maryland-bills-fan said:

NO.    The new wave is WR by committee with no #1 guy, but rather two #2+ guys and 2 slot guys.

WR by committee is the way to go this year AND maybe in the years to come.

I believe it's better to find WRs that work with Josh Allen's game vs. having JA fit his game to "typical" receivers.

Keep bringing in #2 - #2+ guys until you find them.

Trade or dump the guys that don't fit.

People have to realize that drafting an offensive linemen, a right tackle or a guard at 9 in this draft is pure lunacy. There are no Quentin Nelsons or Lane Johnsons here. Taylor has big upside, but he might also be Ereck Flowers,  and you can buy linemen in free agency. It's much harder to find big time skill position players. If the defensive line talent is gone, take a shot of Metcalf or Hockenson. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 3