Sign in to follow this  
GreggTX

Do you want a WR at 9?

1 minute ago, NewEra said:

Neck surgery + little production + below average hands imo = not worth 9.  

Dude looks like a body builder and had NECK SURGERY.  I’d rather not use the 9th pick in the draft on a WR that I have a 2nd grade on that had neck surgery.....while there are players that I have ranked MUCH higher still available.  He makes zero sense to me @ 9

The good news is the Bills will check on the medical part. If it's a concern he won't be drafted by us. I trust the Bills medical staff much more than your fear of the word neck

2 minutes ago, NewEra said:

Dude looks like a body builder and had NECK SURGERY.  I’d rather not use the 9th pick in the draft on a WR that I have a 2nd grade on that had neck surgery.....while there are players that I have ranked MUCH higher still available.  He makes zero sense to me @ 9

Yes, the Bills have a great track record of passing on pass catchers who’ve had neck surgery.😄 I would leave that part of the evaluation to the doctors.

Just now, Chemical said:

The good news is the Bills will check on the medical part. If it's a concern he won't be drafted by us. I trust the Bills medical staff much more than your fear of the word neck

Many words.  Neck surgery.  Not the best player available.  

1 minute ago, NewEra said:

Watch the video when he did play!! Was very productive when he played. Doctors cleared him. The below average hands stuff is ridiculous. Watch the videos

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, NewEra said:

And our defense was gashed up the middle

And our WRs were fine? 

Who was scared of Dallas or Baltimore playmakers last year? It was a national storyline that Cowboys needed to get Dak more help and they did. Although I like the signings more help is needed.

Run stopping is an easier fix. You don't need to spend a top 10 pick to stop the run.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, the skycap said:

Watch the video when he did play!! Was very productive when he played. Doctors cleared him. The below average hands stuff is ridiculous. Watch the videos

I’ve watched multiple game tapes.  Pretty much every game I think to myself, Aj Brown is a superior WR.  Metcalf has over 5 receptions in 2 games.  

I understand why he’s so enticing.  If we trade down and he’s our guy, so be it. He has great upside if he’s healthy. He’s just nowhere near BPA at 9 in this draft imo.  

Posted (edited)
18 minutes ago, the skycap said:

After Quinnen Williams, the other DTs are comparable. What's the big difference between Ed Oliver, Dexter Lawrence, etc. After watching Zach Allen from Boston College, he's just as good as Ed Oliver and can play multiple positions on the D line. He can be had in rd 2. Jeffery Simmons, before his injury was considered 1B behind Quinnen and can be had in rd 2 also. You will not find another 6'4" 230lb WR running a 4.3 with 10" hands and massive catch radius.

If you are talking DK Metcalf I have zero interest in drafting the next David Boston who has no flexibility and will be injured more often than healthy before those injuries end his career prematurely.

Edited by matter2003

4 minutes ago, Chemical said:

And our WRs were fine? 

Who was scared of Dallas or Baltimore playmakers last year? It was a national storyline that Cowboys needed to get Dak more help and they did. Although I like the signings more help is needed.

Run stopping is an easier fix. You don't need to spend a top 10 pick to stop the run.

No they weren’t.  We added 2 already.  Foster didn’t play half the year.  Zay is in the mix.  Duke might be something.  McKenzie has a role.  We have options.  We don’t at DL.  Imo, Jordan and Harrison are backups.  Neither are effective rushing the QB.  Star is the worst pass rushing DT in the league.  We NEED some interior pass rush.  

If you want to add a pass catcher, draft Hockenson if he’s there.  He’s a better player imo.

6 minutes ago, the skycap said:

Tape don't lie

Zach Allen is just as good as Ed Oliver.  Lol.  Oh man.

• Thanks! (+1) 1

Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, NewEra said:

No they weren’t.  We added 2 already.  Foster didn’t play half the year.  Zay is in the mix.  Duke might be something.  McKenzie has a role.  We have options.  We don’t at DL.  Imo, Jordan and Harrison are backups.  Neither are effective rushing the QB.  Star is the worst pass rushing DT in the league.  We NEED some interior pass rush.  

If you want to add a pass catcher, draft Hockenson if he’s there.  He’s a better player imo.

Zach Allen is just as good as Ed Oliver.  Lol.  Oh man.

Watch the video. Zach played both EDGE and 3 technique and was a beast. Outstanding against the run. Was considered one of the best in 2018

Edited by the skycap

3 minutes ago, NewEra said:

YEP!!!! The defense was 29th in the league in sacks. Losing Kyle is not going to help matters despite the fact that he wasn't the same player.

They have got to improve/replace pass rushers or suddenly the defense doesn't look so good. It happens quickly if you don't fix the cracks.

I also view edge rusher as a need, but one that you could possibly put off until next season. Interior pass rush? Gotta improve it THIS year.

• Like (+1) 1

Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, the skycap said:

Watch the video. Zach played both EDGE and 3 technique and was a beast. Outstanding against the run. Was considered one of the best in 2018

Ok my bad.  Zach Allen is just as good as Ed Oliver.  What ever was I thinking?

Edited by NewEra

Posted (edited)
6 minutes ago, NewEra said:

Ok my bad.  Zach Allen is just as good as Ed Oliver.  What ever was I thinking?

The point is there are players in the 2nd and 3rd round that can provide what Oliver provides.

But there are no players like Metcalf, sometimes for years. He's not just a size/speed combo. He was already considered the top WR before this past season and combine. The injury is the only reason he might be available at 9 since he was on pace for a huge year.

Edit: and he fits the draft profile of McBeane of rare size/speed/talent in the first.

Edited by Chemical

Posted (edited)
21 minutes ago, Chemical said:

The point is there are players in the 2nd and 3rd round that can provide what Oliver provides.

But there are no players like Metcalf, sometimes for years. He's not just a size/speed combo. He was already considered the top WR before this past season and combine. The injury is the only reason he might be available at 9 since he was on pace for a huge year.

If Metcalf had put up Hollywood Brown numbers, he wouldn’t make it out of the top 3 (he might not anyway; I would not be surprised if the Jets take him).  Sometimes you gotta take chance.  

Edited by mannc

1 minute ago, Chemical said:

So you’re saying that there aren’t any good WRs in the 2nd rd?  LOL.  The WRs that are pegged in rd 2 are widely viewed as some of the best bang for your buck in this draft.  

2 minutes ago, NewEra said:

So you’re saying that there aren’t any good WRs in the 2nd rd?  LOL.  The WRs that are pegged in rd 2 are widely viewed as some of the best bang for your buck in this draft.  

Nope did't say that

While it would be great IF the Bills drafted Metcalf and he turned into the next Julio Jones but he is not being portrayed that.

But let's look at some facts.  Since 2000 here are the WRs selected at #9.

Reggie Williams

John Ross

Koren Robinson

Ted Ginn

and at #8

David Terrell

Plaxico Burress

Tavon Austin

and at #10

Mike Williams (DET 2005 Mike Williams)

Travis Taylor

Michael Crabtree

This is why I will leave it with Beane and his staff to decide.

Just now, Chemical said:

Nope did't say that

You said “the point is” there are 2nd and 3rd prospects that can provide what Oliver provides.  First off, who? Zach Allen?  Oh yeah.  Secondly, if that’s your point, and there are WRs in rd 2 and 3 that can provide what Metcalf provides, what good is your point?  It’s not.  

You’re comparing Ed Oliver and Zach Allen.  I’m comparing DK Metcalf with Brown, Harry, Butler, Deebo, Campbell, Harmon, Arcega-Whiteside, Hall, Ridley, McLaurin off the top of my head.  I realIze they all wont be there at 40, but several will be.  If you point is, Oliver can be had in the body of Zach Allen and Metcalf can’t, you have no point.  Metcalf is a physical freak.  So is Oliver.  

• Like (+1) 1

Posted (edited)
40 minutes ago, Chemical said:

And our WRs were fine? 

Who was scared of Dallas or Baltimore playmakers last year?

The Bills defense? Just sayin. There is room for improvement on both sides of the ball.

As an aside, I'm in the camp that wouldn't mind taking a shot on Metcalf. 

Edited by LSHMEAB

5 minutes ago, NewEra said:

You said “the point is” there are 2nd and 3rd prospects that can provide what Oliver provides.  First off, who? Zach Allen?  Oh yeah.  Secondly, if that’s your point, and there are WRs in rd 2 and 3 that can provide what Metcalf provides, what good is your point?  It’s not.  

You’re comparing Ed Oliver and Zach Allen.  I’m comparing DK Metcalf with Brown, Harry, Butler, Deebo, Campbell, Harmon, Arcega-Whiteside, Hall, Ridley, McLaurin off the top of my head.  I realIze they all wont be there at 40, but several will be.  If you point is, Oliver can be had in the body of Zach Allen and Metcalf can’t, you have no point.  Metcalf is a physical freak.  So is Oliver.  

How is Oliver a "physical freak"? He's 6'2", 287lbs. Zach Allen is 6'5" 285. Because Oliver can do backflips make him a freak?

Take Hock at 9 and trade up to get Lawrence or Wilkins. 

If if for some reason QW is there take him and trade up for Fant or M. Brown. 

I just saved Beane a lot of time.  You are welcome.