The best things in life include:

44 minutes ago, Steve O said:

Seriously...does anyone really do this? I sleep pretty well but haven't gone to bed without any worries since turning 13.

Well, I don’t worry about money, my job, or my wife’s job.

If my kids are having troubles in their lives, they don’t talk about it. They’ve been on their own for years, so they rarely bother me for anything. 

I sometimes worry about storms in the forecast and my neighbor’s trees that are too close to my house. 

I sometimes worry about worst case scenarios with health, travel plans, or things going on in my kid’s lives, but that’s pretty rare. 

I’m at a good point in my life as far as worrying is concerned. 

• Like (+1) 1

11 hours ago, LeviF91 said:

To crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and hear the lamentation of their women. 

Last time Joe asked this question, that was the answer he was looking for.  Now it's "fresh haircut."

Apparently he's gotten softer.  Two years from now, his answer will probably be "a lavender scented body wash and cucumber face mask."

• Haha (+1) 3

I once worked at a place that employed a mentally challenged man on the staff. I was in the break room one morning and the coffee has just finished brewing so I offered him a cup he walked in the door.

He appreciatively took the coffee mug offered and after his first sip looked at me and said, "Nothing beats the first taste of a freshly brewed cup of coffee."

Many times over the years I have thought of that statement, and realized that in those words was a lot of wisdom; it is often the simple things in life that are the best, and what makes life so enjoyable.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

5 hours ago, Gugny said:

Twitter, the CTRL key, C key and V key.

Winning.

4 hours ago, NoHuddleKelly12 said:

Crackling fireplace fire in a cozy room at night, sipping on a good cup of something hot—with a howling winter’s wind outside not fit for man nor beast. 

Also in that vein, the sights and smells of new fallen snow, quiet and pristine...

You live in Atlanta. Does any of that ever happen there? :P

12 hours ago, Gray Beard said:

Well, I don’t worry about money, my job, or my wife’s job.

If my kids are having troubles in their lives, they don’t talk about it. They’ve been on their own for years, so they rarely bother me for anything. 

I sometimes worry about storms in the forecast and my neighbor’s trees that are too close to my house. 

I sometimes worry about worst case scenarios with health, travel plans, or things going on in my kid’s lives, but that’s pretty rare. 

I’m at a good point in my life as far as worrying is concerned. 

Savor this time, don't take it for granted.

• Like (+1) 1

On March 30, 2019 at 9:12 AM, Joe in Winslow said:

A fresh haircut and shave.

What say you?

Did you....YOU...really just START a thread by stating one of the best things in life is being in a prone position and letting someone take a razor to your neck?

And you wonder why the Padre Cadre still lurks around every corner.  I'm not sure I can help you any longer.

• Haha (+1) 2

16 hours ago, Boca BIlls said:

Money...

That is what I got from reading everyone's response. Money is the best thing in life hands down. 

With respect, I don’t know where that came from. I won’t go back and read them all, but money never came up in MY response, and I don’t recall seeing it in anybody else’s response. 

Happiness trumps money all day long, every day. 

Edited by Augie
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

The last days of the school year when all you really do is go outside and rejoice in the fact that decent weather has actually returned. 

Going outside on the last day at Casey Middle might be my Rosebud. 

Many have already been mentioned (women, food, drink) - I agree on all those

Fresh cut green grass, first tracks on a ski run, a solid round of golf, a good bike ride w your buddies where no one says anything but smiles and nods, seeing true emotion.

3 minutes ago, Bill from NYC said:

Days when your meds are working and you are spewing less stupid and boring posts.

*pats Bill on the head*

Settle down, old man. Wouldn't want you keeling over. Not when there's paragraphs of semiliterate nonsense to spew after Bills games in no particular order.

Edited by Joe in Winslow
  • Haha (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Joe in Winslow said:

*pats Bill on the head*

Settle down, old man. Wouldn't want you keeling over. Not when there's paragraphs of semiliterate nonsense to spew after Bills games in no particular order.

Any crying fits lately? Up your Abilify Joe.

Just now, Cripple Creek said:

Wow, way to ruin a fun thread. You should be so proud of your immaturity. 

Don't worry about him, man.

How'd the smoker work out for you this weekend? I got out and grilled for the first time this season! YES.

• Like (+1) 1

This one's very specific to where I live...

That 2-3 day window where weather is absolutely perfect for lounging on the porch, right before the pollen and the humidity quickly take over.

Just now, shrader said:

This one's very specific to where I live...

That 2-3 day window where weather is absolutely perfect for lounging on the porch, right before the pollen and the humidity quickly take over.

I call those "California days." We get maybe 10 of them a year where I live. Mid 70s, no humidity, blue sky, light breeze. When one happens, I make sure to spend all day outside.

• Like (+1) 1

27 minutes ago, Joe in Winslow said:

Don't worry about him, man.

How'd the smoker work out for you this weekend? I got out and grilled for the first time this season! YES.

Oh, cool, a smoking thread!!!

I rubbed a butt on Friday night, then smoked it for 10 hours on Saturday.  Made a homemade BBQ sauce and had some fantastic pulled pork sammies topped with coleslaw.

I broke out the grill last week to make burgers.  Was a tad chilly, but was still nice to smell the charcoal.