GMFB March Madness for play of the year: Allen Hurdle vs Derrick Henry’s 99 yard run

Guest K-GunJimKelly12

If Clay had caught that pass against Miami, I think that would be the clear cut play of the year.  

15 hours ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

Saw this but I don’t twit and won’t get one just to vote

Good luck Josh 

Same

3 minutes ago, machine gun kelly said:

I don’t do twitter either, but would have voted for Josh.  It was a dumb decision and hope he never does it again for his safety.

Also same

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Warcodered said:

I'm saying the end of the vote is a long ways off so lets not get complacent thinking he's already won.

Complacent?  It's a pointless Twitter poll, not a two score lead on the Patriots.

*edit* Another 1200 votes, up to 76% Allen.  He'll be fine.

Edited by 1ManRaid
  • Haha (+1) 1

Hmm, that's a close call.

I think I'd have to give my vote to the no look pass.  I know it's not as athletic as the hurdle, but it shows more mastery of the passing game, which is what you want from an NFL franchise QB.

Edited by MacGyver
  • Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, MacGyver said:

Hmm, that's a close call.

I think I'd have to give my vote to the no look pass.  I know it's not as athletic as the hurdle, but it shows more mastery of the passing game, which is what you want from an NFL franchise QB.

Traitor...It's a vote for a favorite play, not a master of the QB position.  

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Just Jack said:

Anyone can throw a no-look pass. It's getting someone to catch it is the issue. 

I am not saying it isnt difficult per se, but with the reps these guys have in practice, the difficulty would be much lower than trying to hurdle a 6'5" lb (which people even if they practice may never be able to do)

• Like (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, Bray Wyatt said:

I am not saying it isnt difficult per se, but with the reps these guys have in practice, the difficulty would be much lower than trying to hurdle a 6'5" lb (which people even if they practice may never be able to do)

I think you missed my joke. 

these Kc fans are insane with claims that hurdling a pro bowl LB “happens every day.”.   The no look pass was nice, but Mahommes sis look right before looking away, and it’s a common play.  Big Ben, Rodgers and more have done it before. 

Watching GMFB and you can tell they're hoping Mahomes pulls it out. Hope we ruin their day.

Side note: Kay Adams also was going on about Rosen having the worst situation of any QB in the league ?. She did concede that he had a stud running back. He also had Larry Fitzgerald. No way his situation was worse that Allen's except Allen was able to make things happen. 

• Like (+1) 1

A lot of things go into making a completion - not just the QB. The correctly drawn up play, the receiver running the right route etc. Also, from the second angle it is clear the receiver is coming from where Mahomes was looking. So he knows the play is developing as designed. Look or no-look, his job is to get the ball to a spot, which he did. I have seen it a few time. Actually, Jeff Garcia was a master at that. 

https://ninerswire.usatoday.com/2018/12/14/kyle-shanahan-says-patrick-mahomes-no-look-pass-wasnt-unique/

Allen's play, on the other hand, is just pure instinct one on one against a great defender.

You want to vote for MVP, vote Mahomes. But you want to vote for the jaw-dropping play of the year - Allen's hurdle any time.

1 hour ago, Bray Wyatt said:

Barr wasn't 6'5" on that play though, he ducked down to make a tackle.  

Both are great plays, I guess I just lean towards the play that showcases passing from a QB vs. rushing.

Edited by MacGyver