Brandon Beane's Most Impressive Move as Bills GM

Brandon Beane's Most Impressive Move as Bills GM  

198 members have voted

1. 1. Brandon Beane's Most Impressive Move as Bills GM

• Rescinding a trade offer to Pittsburgh for an unhappy Antonio Brown
    • Releasing Nate Peterman
    • Drafting and Trading Up For Josh Allen
    • Trading underperforming Cordy Glenn and his inflated contract to Cincinatti
    • Trading Tyrod Taylor For a 3rd Round Draft Pick
    • Trading underperforming Marcel Dareus and his giant-sized contract to Jacksonville
    • Trading Ronald Darby to Philadelphia
    • Trading Sammy Watkins to LA Rams
    • Other - not on this list

This week, the spotlight has been shown on Bills GM Brandon Beane for the odd circumstances around the Antonio Brown fiasco.  Over the course of the past few days, Beane has been given a lot of credit.  His attempt to trade for Brown at a much reduced rate,  has been perceived as an aggressive move indicative of someone who wants to win and help his young QB develop.  The decision to pull the offer of of the table, whether it was for refusal or money, is a move that many fans and journalists felt was necessary.  On the other hand, Brown has made himself look even worse.  Pittsburgh also ended up looking pretty bad for allowing a player to essentially dictate the terms of where he'll be trading to, despite not having a clause in his contract.

Regardless, Beane has shown that he isn't afraid to make big moves if they will help the team.  From the list below, choose which move you feel was his most impressive as Bills GM.  

Also there may be a few that I have forgotten and if that's the case, suggest it and I will consider adding it

Edited by BillyWhiteShows
  • Haha (+1) 2

I picked trading up and drafting Allen because that involved the Tyrod trade, the Watkins trade, the Darby trade and the Glenn trade.  Positioning the Bills to enter the top 7 of the draft took stacking several moves together.  That's good GM work in my book.

Edited by JoeF
  • Like (+1) 8
  • Thank you (+1) 1

From a one move perspective getting the 1st pick of the 3rd round was a steal for Tyrod was his most impressive transaction.

Getting a 2nd for Watkins knowing we wouldn't resign him was a good move.

1 minute ago, RiotAct said:

releasing Peterman.   He played that one perfectly - got Nate’s best football while he was on the Bills, then cut him right before he hit a wall.   An absolute master stroke.

LOL.  I'd take that one off the list.  They should've left him in LA after the Chargers game.

Getting the first pick in the 3rd round for Tyrod was wizardry by Beane. It was a steal when it happened, looks like even more of a steal now. Tyrod was not good, coming off a horrendous playoff performance, and everyone knew we were dumping him. Also, he ended up starting two or three games for the Browns. Baker comes in and easily outplays Tyrod. It was just an all around horrendous move for the Browns. 

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Bills2ref said:

Getting the first pick in the 3rd round for Tyrod was wizardry by Beane. It was a steal when it happened, looks like even more of a steal now. Tyrod was not good, coming off a horrendous playoff performance, and everyone knew we were dumping him. Also, he ended up starting two or three games for the Browns. Baker comes in and easily outplays Tyrod. It was just an all around horrendous move for the Browns. 

This is the dangerous part of having draft pick capital and salary cap.  You can mismanage it very easily.  

Beane used his draft capital last year nicely and if you believe them, are taking a strategic approach to free agency.  This is a vastly underrated thing that must be accomplished.  Spend the money wisely.  

Ask me again on May 1st?

Oh, also: trading AJ McCarron for a freaking 5th round pick should be on the list. I mean Case Keenum, who is indisputably better than McCarron, just fetched less than that.

He also got a draft pick for MARSHALL NEWHOUSE (!!!)

Beane's a wizard.

Edited by Logic
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Alphadawg7 said:

I picked other:  Trading up THREE times inside the first round of ONE draft and NOT giving up any future picks while landing the QB and LB for our future.  

I’m thinking that some day it will be viewed as a genius move!! All depends how Allen and Edmunds turn out!

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, Bring it said:

I’m thinking that some day it will be viewed as a genius move!! All depends how Allen and Edmunds turn out!

Making three trade ups in the first round without giving up any future picks will always be pretty genius.  

• Like (+1) 1