Brandon Beane's Most Impressive Move as Bills GM

Brandon Beane's Most Impressive Move as Bills GM  

198 members have voted

1. 1. Brandon Beane's Most Impressive Move as Bills GM

• Rescinding a trade offer to Pittsburgh for an unhappy Antonio Brown
    • Releasing Nate Peterman
    • Drafting and Trading Up For Josh Allen
    • Trading underperforming Cordy Glenn and his inflated contract to Cincinatti
    • Trading Tyrod Taylor For a 3rd Round Draft Pick
    • Trading underperforming Marcel Dareus and his giant-sized contract to Jacksonville
    • Trading Ronald Darby to Philadelphia
    • Trading Sammy Watkins to LA Rams
    • Other - not on this list

11 hours ago, Nihilarian said:

This past years draft and two #1 picks. In obtaining the franchise QB at #7 overall which required a bit of footwork to get to #7 and then moving up again to the #16 pick to obtain that MLB in Tremaine Edmonds.

The Bills had the 21st pick and managed to move up to the 7th, 16th in two instant starters who should be staples at their respective positions for years to come.

Now, several sites have done a 2018 redraft including CBS sports and now have included CB Levi Wallace going to Detroit at #20, Robert Foster to Atlanta at #26.

Think about it, it's like Buffalo was able to obtain four first round picks in 2018! Those two UDFAs finds were amazing.

This.

It was a toss up between trading TT and getting Allen. I chose the latter because it involved a series of moves in order to be in a position to get in a position to trade up to 7 in the first place; several machinations. The TT deal was just a single transaction. 

9 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

Cutting Peterman. Every minute that guy was on the field in a Bills uniform was a living nightmare. Drafting him is not on Beane who wasn't here but the fact that this regime rolled him out as many times as they did is the single biggest black mark against them. 

Beane doesn't get to decide who should be playing on game day/  

I put OTHER and counting the 2018 draft a single event from GM perspective.

So how about hitting on the first 4 picks and 5 out of 8 so far in last year's draft, plus two major UDFA scores?  In a recent first round "re-draft" article on NFL.com; Allen, Foster and Wallace were slotted as 1st round picks given what we know now.  That's a wildly impressive hit rate that is what sets a team on an upward trajectory.  If these guys all continue to progress and grow as expected, this could be one of the all-time great Bills drafts.... time will tell

Allen, Edmunds, Phillips, T. Johnson and Teller in draft with Foster and Wallace as UDFAs

Edited by cage

I am not sure about Beane yet.

I could list quite a few negatives how has handled the Offense.

As some mentioned, he has hung his hat on Allen's success. as he had to. How he maneuvered to get into position was pretty impressive. Respect that effort for sure
 Regardless of any actions he has flubbed.  I have a great deal of faith in the FO these days. And this is quite an exciting off season to me.
I feel as some others do. I need to see what they are lining up on Offense  Day One before i praise McBeanes and Co.

but for now.

I approve of the direction Bills are headed long term

Go Beane !

Trading Sammy was good, getting Allen was better.  After seeing Allen one year, I think better times ahead for the Bills and that young man.  Sammy got 17mil this year, and hardly played a down in the regular season....missed most of the game hurt (who wodda guessed that?)  Sammy did contribute in the playoffs......not sure he earned 17 mill on that.  Two more years of !7 mil for the Chiefs.  Sammy will have to go when they have to pay Mahones.(and maybe sooner)

It's sad that after two full offseasons the most impressive move as perceived by fans, by a long shot, is the trading away of a second-rate passing QB for a 3rd-round pick.  

As a related point-of-note and an indication as to how far Allen has to climb to become a franchise QB, consider that in 2017 Taylor's effectiveness in the red zone dwarfed Allen's this past season.  

Again, here's hoping.  But that's where people need to keep their focus, on Allen's short-medium game, that is what is going to define him as a passer in the NFL and his status as a franchise QB will hinge directly on that, his passing ability, not his running ability.  If anything his running is going to curtail his career.  

• Like (+1) 1

Stringing together good moves for McBeane has been as challenging as the Sabres trying to win 2 straight games in regulation.  Hasn't happened in way too long.

Last year's UFA/SFA class of Lotulelei, Murphy, McCarron, Ivory, V. Davis, Bodine, Newhouse, and Kerley doesn't exactly make me look forward to tomorrow.

In fact, the only decent signings in 2 free agency periods have been Hyde, Poyer, and Haushka.

Not one decent free agent added on offense in 2 years.    

Just think--the Steelers' highest draft choice received from the Raiders as part of the trade for the "best WR in football" was a 3rd round pick. Beane nailed that with Tyrod, a career journeyman who probably will never win you a playoff game if his NFL life depended on it. Just sayin'

For me-it's a tie between the Tyrod trade and Sammy trade.  It could eventually end up being the trade up to get Allen, but I don't think we can assess t worth of that decision until Allen gets some more years under his belt.