Report: Browns looking to deal Guard Kevin Zeitler

DJB

If he's really that good, I see no reason for the Browns to want to trade him, regardless of regimes or who they recently drafted. Makes me wonder what we don't know...

18 hours ago, DJB said:

https://www.rotoworld.com/football/nfl/player/1857/kevin-zeitler

Ranked as pff #6 overall guard and #1 pass blocking guard  last season. 

Salary is 12 million a year but we a flush with cap space. We should be in on him I hope!

This doesn't make any sense.  They are flush with cap space, too.

Just now, MJS said:

If he's really that good, I see no reason for the Browns to want to trade him, regardless of regimes or who they recently drafted. Makes me wonder what we don't know...

I have no idea what their cap situation looks like, but if I've got a guy making $12M a year, and I've just drafted someone who's close to that level at $2M a year, it stands to reason you might explore your options while the young guy is still cheap. Asset management. 

They also have another Pro Bowl calibre guard on the roster who will need to get paid (if he isn't already), in Joel Bitonio. Not every GM wants to tie up a ton of money in 2 guards. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, TOboy said:

I have no idea what their cap situation looks like, but if I've got a guy making $12M a year, and I've just drafted someone who's close to that level at $2M a year, it stands to reason you might explore your options while the young guy is still cheap. Asset management. 

They also have another Pro Bowl calibre guard on the roster who will need to get paid (if he isn't already), in Joel Bitonio. Not every GM wants to tie up a ton of money in 2 guards. 

They have cap space. Does anybody know how much space they save by trading him? Someone earlier said they don't save any.

Just now, MJS said:

They have cap space. Does anybody know how much space they save by trading him? Someone earlier said they don't save any.

Maybe you're right, maybe they aren't shopping him at all. Could be that the Giants want him included in an OBJ deal that's rumored. 

We'll probably never know the whole truth, just the outcome. 

4 minutes ago, TOboy said:

Maybe you're right, maybe they aren't shopping him at all. Could be that the Giants want him included in an OBJ deal that's rumored. 

We'll probably never know the whole truth, just the outcome. 

So far as I can tell, the rumor about shopping this fella is directly tied to the rumor that he is included in a possible deal for OBJ. It's all nebulous, but if the latter is the correct scenario, it's not really true that the Browns are looking to deal Zeitler. He's a possible piece in a chance at a mercurial, but talented wr. He's not actually a potential target for other teams.

• Like (+1) 1

9 hours ago, machine gun kelly said:

Thanks 3/12.  I am excited for this off season, not that we will win the SB, but we won’t be 31st in offense.  I keep hearing about getting more defensive players, and in a perfect world I understand, but we have to heavily invest in the obvious areas on offense,

We can be competitive this year as we had the second best defense and best pass defense.  I know losing Kyle will, hurt,but if they are not in the field because we’re running great again, that will chew up clock.

Thanks Purple.  I stand corrected, and heard on the radio 26, but should have checked myself.  I apologize.

All good.  So many different outlets thes days it's hard to tell sometimes.

14 hours ago, machine gun kelly said:

Thanks 3/12.  I am excited for this off season, not that we will win the SB, but we won’t be 31st in offense.  I keep hearing about getting more defensive players, and in a perfect world I understand, but we have to heavily invest in the obvious areas on offense,

We can be competitive this year as we had the second best defense and best pass defense.  I know losing Kyle will, hurt,but if they are not in the field because we’re running great again, that will chew up clock.

Thanks Purple.  I stand corrected, and heard on the radio 26, but should have checked myself.  I apologize.

McD was spoiled the last two years. time for he and Leslie to  build depth for years to come. Maybe dial in a couple moves. another  young  but solid 3 tech. and perhap a run strong MLB via FA so you can move Edmunds.
 But spoil the Offense and Brian Daboll a little. If they could fix the O line  via free agency and top tier spending to and actually solidify that group for 3-4 years ? Do it

and help the TE group immediately with  FA and the draft. I think that makes you a contender and keeps Josh Allen on the Good Foot moving forward.

It is exciting. I suspect Beanes wants to keep it boring though. just his nature ?

Gimme two high level O linemen who will remain steady and solid from day one. and i will be pleased          get 3 and i will dance the Cha Cha and video it .

and we are in agreement. Improve the run game and O Line. Life becomes a bit more fun for Defense. 

win win win

Go Bills

8 hours ago, Dr. Who said:

So far as I can tell, the rumor about shopping this fella is directly tied to the rumor that he is included in a possible deal for OBJ. It's all nebulous, but if the latter is the correct scenario, it's not really true that the Browns are looking to deal Zeitler. He's a possible piece in a chance at a mercurial, but talented wr. He's not actually a potential target for other teams.

Thats unfortunately sounding about right.

Bills should still chisel at them for Zeitler

Browns have al the leverage though. : (

14 hours ago, machine gun kelly said:

McD was spoiled the last two years. time for he and Leslie to  build depth for years to come. Maybe dial in a couple moves. another  young  but solid 3 tech. and perhap a run strong MLB via FA so you can move Edmunds.
 But spoil the Offense and Brian Daboll a little. If they could fix the O line  via free agency and top tier spending to and actually solidify that group for 3-4 years ? Do it

and help the TE group immediately with  FA and the draft. I think that makes you a contender and keeps Josh Allen on the Good Foot moving forward.

It is exciting. I suspect Beanes wants to keep it boring though. just his nature ?

Gimme two high level O linemen who will remain steady and solid from day one. and i will be pleased          get 3 and i will dance the Cha Cha and video it .

and we are in agreement. Improve the run game and O Line. Life becomes a bit more fun for Defense. 

win win win

Go Bills

6 minutes ago, BuffAlone said:

Traded to the Giants for Olivier Vernon and swapping late round picks. 

Beat me to it, haha. And to think yesterday there were crazy rumors that "something huge was happening in Cleveland" and a trade for OBJ was speculated on. Turns out it's an average DE for a slightly above average OG.

Just now, blacklabel said:

Beat me to it, haha. And to think yesterday there were crazy rumors that "something huge was happening in Cleveland" and a trade for OBJ was speculated on. Turns out it's an average DE for a slightly above average OG.

Womp womp 

vernon is good the hype around the trade not quite what was going around 

• Like (+1) 1

Too bad. He would have been our best OL by a mile. I don't see any G's in FA that are in his class either.

On 3/8/2019 at 1:47 PM, blacklabel said:

Slightly above average???

Edited by GreggTX