Report: Browns looking to deal Guard Kevin Zeitler

DJB

5 minutes ago, JoshAllenHasBigHands said:

But why, I thought the Browns had a decent amount of cap space? 

New regime drafted Austin Corbett in 2nd rd last year. He can replace him. Originally they were playing him at LT but they signed Greg Robinson so that’s Corbett’s job now. 

Edited by YoloinOhio
  • Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, YoloinOhio said:

New regime drafted Austin Corbett in 2nd rd last year. He can replace him. Originally they were playing him at LT but they signed Greg Robinson so that’s Corbett’s job now. 

This seems like the reasoning. And yes, for s guy who could play tackle or guard, that screams Bills. I’d see what they want. He’s 28. Sign him, sign a center, trade down, draft a tackle. New offensive line done. 

18 minutes ago, TOboy said:

Would love to get Zeitler. 

Million dollar question though, what's the cost? A 5th? I'd be in. Our second 4th? Sure. Anything earlier might be tough given the options available in FA. 

I'd give our 3rd and not look back.  What OL or any position for that matter can we get in the third that will be proven top 10 at their position in the NFL.  Kinda scratchn my head as to why they want to trade him.  I wonder who they are trying to get ammo to move up for or what kind of tampering they have done to know who they can sign.

Edited by formerlyofCtown
  • Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, BuffaloRebound said:

That’s a lot of money for a Guard.  3 years $32m left on his deal.  And have to give up a draft pick?  He better be All Pro level for that.  

I think he is All Pro level, or at least near it. And the contract is likely equivalent to what someone like Saffold will get. 

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, BuffaloRebound said:

That’s a lot of money for a Guard.  3 years $32m left on his deal.  And have to give up a draft pick?  He better be All Pro level for that.  

Not really--the team that acquires him is only on the hook for his base salary, which means he can be restructured or extended at any point to save cap space (and he would get up-front money by doing so, so it's a win-win)

• Like (+1) 4

1 minute ago, wppete said:

A 3rd sounds very expensive especially for that contract we are getting in return. 

Not to me--he's a 7-year vet that's started 64/64 games in the last 4 seasons, and played at a very high level.

A 3rd round pick is a relative bargain for a known commodity, especially since Buffalo would be inheriting zero guaranteed money.

• Like (+1) 5

3 minutes ago, wppete said:

A 3rd sounds very expensive especially for that contract we are getting in return. 

I understand he has a big contract, but at the end of the day, what are the odds we get a player with that much talent in the third round?  We have the space, this is not a terrible way to use it. 

• Like (+1) 3

As much as I wanted Saffold, he is 31 and Zeitler is 28.  It would be a shrewd move, and I know I’m a broken record but Paradis at 26 would round us out with Juwain Taylor at LT.  We would go from a weakness to significant strength.  Running game gets better, passing gets better, more holes for Allen, Shady, and so on.

Bring it baby.  Investing real $ for excellent O Lineman who have time to be here for awhile is a great investment.  Get one of those stud TE’s in the draft, and we’re back in the game.

• Like (+1) 3

36 minutes ago, JoshAllenHasBigHands said:

But why, I thought the Browns had a decent amount of cap space? 

My first thought too. 

But it hell I wouldn’t gripe about 5 new FA starting o lineman either, so why not. 

Would be nice to stack the o line with known already developed talent then blow draft pick on fancy offensive toys and an Edge.  

Edited by Over 29 years of fanhood

1 minute ago, thebandit27 said:

Not to me--he's a 7-year vet that's started 64/64 games in the last 4 seasons, and played at a very high level.

A 3rd round pick is a relative bargain for a known commodity, especially since Buffalo would be inheriting zero guaranteed money.

But if you’re giving up a 3rd, the first 2 years are basically guaranteed because you’re not cutting a guy after a year that you spent a 3rd round pick on.