Bills rumored to be a suitor for OG Roger Saffold

YoloinOhio

12 minutes ago, MrEpsYtown said:

Saffold s a massive upgrade. I did not think we had a realistic chance, but now with reports saying he isn't going back to LA, we have as good a chance as any. 

Having his college OL coach in the fold can't do anything but help.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Aussie Joe said:

Jets fans think they are getting him..

And Paridis lol...

I think they definitely get Paradis, there is the Gase connection and he is a perfect fit for their zone based scheme. Saffold fits well there as well. Not sure they get both. I'd prefer Mitch Morse and Daryl Williams though. 

3 minutes ago, MrEpsYtown said:

I think they definitely get Paradis, there is the Gase connection and he is a perfect fit for their zone based scheme. Saffold fits well there as well. Not sure they get both. I'd prefer Mitch Morse and Daryl Williams though. 

Still think JaWuan James is the guy Buffalo ends up with.

I'm fine with Daryl too though.

Starting to feel better about the depth at center in the draft though. If they can come away from FA with a starting RT and guard (even if it's Q Spain), then I'll be encouraged. Get a center on day 2 (any of Risner or Eric McCoy would do).

8 minutes ago, MrEpsYtown said:

I'd be satisfied and optimistic that they will get one of those 4 you mention...( two would be a dream and isn't happening to the Bills..)

They will probably then end up with another "second tier" Free Agent like Veldheer...

The remaining hole gets filled with their first pick, or trading up into the bottom of the first with their second... They will have identified someone they like, and wont be hanging around until 40 to pull the trigger...

1 hour ago, JaCrispy said:

I know, but my point was that if the Bills were going to pay an older vet OG big money, why the need for the pro bowl OG incognito to take a pay cut?

Because there were obviously bigger issues with Ritchie than just his age.  

Saffold is 30.  By the time his huge contract ends 5 years from now, he’ll be Ritchie current age.  5 years difference 

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, NewEra said:

Saffold is 30.  By the time his huge contract ends 5 years from now, he’ll be Ritchie current age.  5 years difference 

And hopefully FAR more stable. 

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, NewEra said:

Yes, that and Richie was throwing dumbbells at people at the gym and has bigger problems than football 

1 minute ago, YoloinOhio said:

Yes, that and Richie was throwing dumbbells at people at the gym and has bigger problems than football 

Is “playing well with others” part of “the process”? 

I would like 2 high profile signings to the oline.  Safford is one of the better players available and a big need.  I would argue that he helps Dawkins at LT too.  Also  I think they bring in a TE and Wr as well.  I think Buffalo will be aggressive and narrow in on who they want quickly.  I could see 3 to 4 signings coming quickly than more methodical after the first wave of signings.  

4 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

I would like to see

Darryl WIlliams

Roger Saffold

Paridis or Morse

A trade for DE Clarke

Then a trade down that allow us to still get Hock in the 1st round.....a WR and a C  in round 2.....a running back in round 3

What you said- 

Trade down to 15 with the Skins for 1-15, 2-15

1-15- Hock

2-9 (for Clark)

2-15- Harry/Samuel/Harmon

3-9- Damian Harris/Devin Singletary 

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

I would like to see

Darryl WIlliams

Roger Saffold

Paridis or Morse

A trade for DE Clarke

Then a trade down that allow us to still get Hock in the 1st round.....a WR and a C  in round 2.....a running back in round 3

Trading for Clark is not happening. 

• Like (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

I would like to see

Darryl WIlliams

Roger Saffold

Paridis or Morse

A trade for DE Clarke

Dreamer

16 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

I would like to see

Darryl WIlliams

Roger Saffold

Paridis or Morse

A trade for DE Clarke

All of those OL?? I could see one...hopefully 

8 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

All of those OL?? I could see one...hopefully 

I need one, but I’ll hope for two, and I don’t think Santa gets mad at you for hoping for more. 

Edited by Augie

5 minutes ago, PIZ said:

At first glance I thought this was good news, but does this mean they will be going all in on (C) Paradis?

They have so many holes, I’m not sure how much they can afford to go for many top shelf guys. Having said that, IMO the smart teams build the lines. 

2 hours ago, PIZ said:

At first glance I thought this was good news, but does this mean they will be going all in on (C) Paradis?

I've been saying Jets for Paradis for awhile. Perfect guy for Gase's scheme, who was drafted for Gase's scheme. 

7 hours ago, MrEpsYtown said:

I've been saying Jets for Paradis for awhile. Perfect guy for Gase's scheme, who was drafted for Gase's scheme. 

With so many holes to fill, can they afford to pay multiple interior lineman over $10M per season? 

I'm hoping that answer is no. 

IMO, simply plugging good players into the Offensive Line doesn't equate a good Offensive Line. Variables such as the ability to gel and play as a single, cohesive unit come into play. So, while the Bills MUST throw money at the OL, I don't think they "need" to do it at every position. In other words, getting a Vet C IMHO is paramount to all other OL issues and then getting a great RT should be next on the list to make the talent and abilities stretch across the whole line. A very good Guard can be found in the Draft in the 3rd round or if it warrants it, not based on need but BPA, sooner. 

Defensive Line / WR / OG are not the areas I'd like the Bills to use "big" money on in FA. TE? Yes. C / RT? Yes. OLB? Yes. But the other positions are relative positions of strength for the Draft. So, I assume the Bills will get one or two WRs in FA, but I'm not the guy who thinks you can solve that issue by going after "a name". Give me a tremendous OL with a mix of Vets and youth, Vet TEs who can block and find the seam - along with Croom who was arguably their best TE last season and in his 3rd year should make a big leap forward, and a QB who is growing and maturing. THEN give me the WRs who are hungry to play at all times, in any situation (e.g. Foster) and I think you've established a revamped Offense. 

32 minutes ago, TOboy said:

With so many holes to fill, can they afford to pay multiple interior lineman over $10M per season? 

I'm hoping that answer is no. 

I think they wind up with one of these centers at the very least. Right now they go Beachum-Osemele-???????-Winters-Shell. They have 100 million in cap space. I would be surprised if they don't sign Paradis, (great ginger connection with Darnold) and I could see them going after JuWan James as well. 

But in terms of need, they really need base defensive ends. Unfortunately, the answer is definitely not no. 

Edited by MrEpsYtown

1 minute ago, MrEpsYtown said:

I think they wind up with one of these centers at the very least. Right now they go Beachum-Osemele-???????-Winters-Shell. They have 100 million in cap space. I would be surprised if they don't sign Paradis, (great ginger connection with Darnold) and I could see them going after JuWan James as well. 

But in terms of need, they really need base defensive ends. 

You sure about the $100M? I thought the Colts were the only team with that much space...and Osemele just took up 10M in space. 

• Like (+1) 1

The only advantage I think we have in terms of luring Paradis is Buffalo vs New Jersey and NY media. He's an Idaho farm guy, so the only chance we have is if he'd rather not go to a media hotbed. I think Morse is the better fit for us, but I do fear that the Texans try to swipe him.  

I also think Minnesota and Arizona will go after Paradis. Possibly Baltimore as well. 

3 minutes ago, MrEpsYtown said:

The only advantage I think we have in terms of luring Paradis is Buffalo vs New Jersey and NY media. He's an Idaho farm guy, so the only chance we have is if he'd rather not go to a media hotbed. I think Morse is the better fit for us, but I do fear that the Texans try to swipe him.  

I also think Minnesota and Arizona will go after Paradis. Possibly Baltimore as well. 

And NJ taxes are higher. Plus he might not WANT to play for Gase again. 

Edited by YoloinOhio