Hate Crime or Hoax?

The_Dude

13 minutes ago, Koko78 said:

I'm not sure why this would be surprising. Even first year law students know that the first thing you do in a lawsuit is move to dismiss. WaPo isn't going to hire idiots to represent them.

And why not? They hire idiots to write for them? ?

• Like (+1) 1

• Replies 946
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 4/5/2019 at 3:19 PM, Doc said:

He should have to pay.  And frankly I'm surprised it only cost $130K.

I don't believe a word I hear from any public office or figure that comes from Chicago. That city is past the point of no return. 

Still not sure how I feel about this... 

Jussie Smollett update: City sues 'Empire' actor for cost of investigating alleged staged attack

</snip>

The city of Chicago has filed a lawsuit against actor Jussie Smollett for the cost of the overtime Chicago police spent investigating an attack they say Smollett staged. 

The City of Chicago's Law Department filed the suit after Smollett failed to meet a city-demanded deadline to pay more than $130,000 into that allegedly staged attack. 

</snip>

• Thank you (+1) 1

53 minutes ago, Buffalo_Gal said:

Still not sure how I feel about this... 

Jussie Smollett update: City sues 'Empire' actor for cost of investigating alleged staged attack

</snip>

The city of Chicago has filed a lawsuit against actor Jussie Smollett for the cost of the overtime Chicago police spent investigating an attack they say Smollett staged. 

The City of Chicago's Law Department filed the suit after Smollett failed to meet a city-demanded deadline to pay more than $130,000 into that allegedly staged attack. 

</snip>

Chicago's going to spend more suing him to not receive the money than they would receive if he ever paid them.

Couldn't happen to a more deserving city.

2 minutes ago, DC Tom said:

Chicago's going to spend more suing him to not receive the money than they would receive if he ever paid them.

The civil suit is all to get back at Kim Foxx and get the prior proceedings unsealed. I expect it will then show her in a less than favorable light. Paybacks for her decisions that pissed off the police.

1 hour ago, DC Tom said:

Nah, the new mayor will have the law department quietly bury the suit.

1 hour ago, Koko78 said:

Nah, the new mayor will have the law department quietly bury the suit.

but Jussie wants full vindication from the remotest speck of doubt

and his main residence is very close to where the incident occurred

This whole thing is so ***** up that it's to the point that you have to wonder if anything makes sense anymore . I think we all can pretty well conclude that this thing was a staged act and not a hate crime in any way. But somehow after all the lies and cover ups this guy is pretty much carrying on a normal life and this gets swept under the rug after trying to exploit a political agenda.  The scales of justice are broken .  

Here's another awesome story .. the msm reported the jussie smollet maga 

incident as "was attacked", here's exactly how it works in the media..

ABC news reports :

5-year-old allegedly thrown off balcony at Mall of America being treated for life-threatening injuries: Police

The story goes on to say:

"This is just under a 40-foot fall," Potts told reporters. He noted that there were many eyewitnesses and video of the incident.

So the 5 year old was white, and the 'alleged' perp was somali...

I shudder to think how this would have gone if the races in this 'alleged ' crime were reversed.

Just now, Albwan said:

ABC news reports :

5-year-old allegedly thrown off balcony at Mall of America being treated for life-threatening injuries: Police

"This is just under a 40-foot fall," Potts told reporters. He noted that there were many eyewitnesses and video of the incident.

I shudder to think how this would have gone if the races in this 'alleged ' crime were reversed.

Alleged balcony.

22 minutes ago, Albwan said:

ABC news reports :

Interesting read a while ago about how Minnesota is a hotbed for recruiting Somali terrrorists.

Weird how they elected a woman to Congress who called 9/11 "something that someone did."

Eh. Maybe I'm just imagining things.

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, LABillzFan said:

Interesting read a while ago about how Minnesota is a hotbed for recruiting Somali terrrorists.

Weird how they elected a woman to Congress who called 9/11 "something that someone did."

Eh. Maybe I'm just imagining things.

Old news.  I remember reading about that about ten years ago.  If I don't complain about Omar much, it's because she's representing the constituency that elected her.

What's interesting, though, is that as a Somali immigrant elected by a community that sees significant recruitment for Somali terrorists, you can almost certainly tie her campaign to terrorism.

3 minutes ago, Albwan said:

Uh oh 'I'm better than everyone else' is here.

lol, ok i get a F at interwebs spelling, you win. 

What?   I made a joke that it was the balcony that was alleged, not the "throwing off of," and you get all pissy because you're too moronic to get it and think I'm correcting your spelling?  :lol:

3 hours ago, Deranged Rhino said:

"So...I'm recused, but..."

Just like "No offense, but..." or "I'm sorry, but...," that "but" is the most profound word in the English language, meaning "everthing that follows completely contradicts everything preceding it."

• Like (+1) 2

26 minutes ago, DC Tom said:

Just like "No offense, but..." or "I'm sorry, but...," that "but" is the most profound word in the English language, meaning "everthing that follows completely contradicts everything preceding it."

with all due respect...

when a liberal talks i ignore the preamble and start listening only after they pause and say "but" or "however", then they say what they mean

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, DC Tom said:

mama always said everything said before, "but" is nothing more than horseshit.

Under the bus you go!

Kim Foxx's chief ethics officer, integrity unit director resign following Smollett controversy

Two ranking executives inside the Cook County State’s Attorney's Office have submitted their resignations — including State’s Attorney Kim Foxx’s chief ethics officer, April Perry, whom Foxx cited as the person who advised her to “recuse” herself from the Jussie Smollett case that has rocked the Chicago office, Fox News learned Thursday.

</snip>

• Like (+1) 2

12 minutes ago, Nanker said:

I categorize the Mueller investigation as a Hate Crime. 

it's been great comedy entertainment

gets jagoffs in my life sputtering in fury in 20 seconds flat, part of the TDS conniption fit entertainment complex

On 4/17/2019 at 11:42 AM, DC Tom said:

Or as my wife says "but...two cheeks pressed together."

57 minutes ago, Keukasmallies said:

Crap, I thought this thread was about Elizabeth Warren's candidacy!

If you squint real hard you'll see that it kind of is. 

• 5 weeks later...

Jussie Smollett update: Judge rules to unseal records in 'Empire' actor's case

A judge ruled Thursday to unseal documents in the case of "Empire" actor Jussie Smollett.

The records were sealed in March shortly after charges against Smollett were abruptly dropped by prosecutors. Attorneys representing the media, including ABC7, challenged the sealing of the records.

</snip>

How did I miss this!? LMAO Hope n' Change, the Chicago Way.

Tina Tchen refuses subpoena about her role in Jussie Smollett case, process server says

The former chief of staff to Michelle Obama evaded a subpoena Wednesday from retired Illinois Appellate Judge Sheila O’Brien. O’Brien wants Tchen to hand over records related to her conversations with Cook County State’s Attorney Kim Foxx regarding the ‘Empire’ actor.

Chicago attorney Tina Tchen — who was in contact with Cook County State’s Attorney Kim Foxx before the charges were dropped against former “Empire” actor Jussie Smollett — refused to be served with a subpoena on Wednesday, according to the process server.

Tchen, who previously served as former First Lady Michelle Obama’s chief of staff, refused to accept a subpoena that was issued by former Illinois Appellate Judge Sheila O’Brien.

</snip>

• Like (+1) 3
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, Chef Jim said:

Straphanger?  I had to look that up.  I was certain it was a derogatory word for a gay.   

wish more people were straphangers on the subway, the third time you lose your balance you should learn to hold onto a bar or strap, right?

The Chicago Police Department could release hundreds of pages of official documents from "Empire" actor Jussie Smollett's case on Thursday.

Last week, a Cook County judge ordered police and prosecutors to unseal the documents in the case. The police documents include official typed reports from handwritten notes from detectives.

Police also have 69 hours of video in the case and redacted versions of the videos could be released next week.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Buffalo_Gal said:

The Chicago Police Department could release hundreds of pages of official documents from "Empire" actor Jussie Smollett's case on Thursday.

Last week, a Cook County judge ordered police and prosecutors to unseal the documents in the case. The police documents include official typed reports from handwritten notes from detectives.

Police also have 69 hours of video in the case and redacted versions of the videos could be released next week.

Coverup!!

• Haha (+1) 2

35 minutes ago, Buffalo_Gal said:

Hmm...

On 3/28/2019 at 6:13 PM, Koko78 said:

https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/jussie-smolletts-lawyer-not-worried-fbi-probe-nothing-improper-done-185918660.html

This is actually brilliant on the part of Chicago. Either he coughs up the cash to reimburse the City, tacitly admitting guilt, or they go forward with a trial for reimbursement, meaning ALL of the Chicago PD files detailing the investigation become public record.

12 hours ago, Buffalo_Gal said:

And here we go...

26 pages

307 pages

158 pages

• Like (+1) 1

https://www.yahoo.com/news/foxx-releases-smollett-files-offers-recusal-explanation-225924312.html

Now the story has changed to Foxx "recusing" herself because of rumors that she was related to Smollett? Though I do like that the reporter mentioned that she continued to interfere in the case after "recusing".

This Foxx B word just doesn't know when to quit.

• Like (+1) 1