Hate Crime or Hoax?

The_Dude

• Replies 946
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bold move by Cook County because Smollett clearly is disturbed and needs some help.

But don't let that distract from reminding everyone of yet ANOTHER embarrassing leftist meltdown. You'd think  losing their minds when the kid stared at the indian would have been enough. You'd think losing their minds on Kavanaugh would have been enough. But this...this was a special meltdown...and Chappelle hit the nail on the head: while the left was predictably melting down in their desperate need to tie this to Trump, the rest of the world was like "Dude's lying." 

And again, anger blinds the Q-tibs.

Edited by IDBillzFan

1 hour ago, Deranged Rhino said:

Bah, they're just biding their time until they can score the exclusive interview where a tearful Jussie delivers a powerful and emotional rebuke to these unjust, unfair, and racially-motivated charges. The interview will be conducted after a few script revisions and rehearsals (Jussie is working hard to learn his crying cues.)

• Like (+1) 1

28 minutes ago, Hedge said:

Yesterday:

Double jeopardy is an interesting argument. I'm not sure which way it will go (and I certainly do not know IL law.)

In NY, jeopardy attaches when a jury is sworn in, or - in the case of a bench trial - when the first witness is sworn in.

Under Illinois law, I presume there's a definition as to when jeopardy attaches. It will be an interesting argument when there's an obviously-corrupt bargain at play to dismiss the prior indictment.

1 hour ago, CoudyBills said:

Oh no!  Say it isn't so.  How will Tibs blame Trump for this one?

That's easy: Trump is such a racist and white supremacist  actual literal super mecha-Nazi that he single-handedly undid all of the things our lord and savior, St. Obama, did to eliminate all racism in the world, and this poor confused gentleman is simply a victim of Trump's bigotry and racist walls.

So, you see, if it weren't for Trump's victimization of this poor soul, he never would have been forced to desecrate the monument with racist language, reflecting Trump's personal views of anyone who isn't white. Ergo, this is all Trump's fault, and we must impeach the mother *****, after speaking truth to power, #resisting, and other focus-group tested buzzwords.

Oh, and don't get jealous Gary, I'm still your huckleberry.

Edited by Koko78
  • Haha (+1) 1

• 2 weeks later...

Illinois Supreme Court Won’t Dismiss Jussie Smollett Charges

by Catherine Smith

Original Article

The Illinois Supreme Court has rejected former “Empire” actor Jussie Smollett’s request to dismiss charges that accuse him of staging a racist, homophobic attack in Chicago against himself, The Daily Caller reports. The court ruled Friday that Smollett can be charged with inventing a hate crime hoax. The actor also wanted the special prosecutor in his case removed but the court rejected that request too. Smollett’s lawyers argued that Cook County Circuit Judge Michael Toomin overstepped his authority and misinterpreted the law when he ordered the appointment of a special prosecutor to assess Smollett’s actions. 

• Like (+1) 3

Hate hoax? Woman arrested for carving ‘white pride’ on sidewalk near black-owned gym

A 41-year-old woman was arrested for defacing the property of a black-owned gym by carving “white pride” into a sidewalk outside the gym in Johnson City, Tennessee last week.

Local reports said the community was outraged and rallied around in support of the business, DC Fitness.

The business owner told local reporters that when he first saw the words “white pride” carved into the sidewalk, “It hit me in the heart more than anything.”

“I had to get an accounting degree for people to trust me, and I have a cardiopulmonary science degree so they trust me medically with their health,” Derrick Carson told the Johnson City Press. “I’ve been through a lot, so to walk through my front doors and see that crap, it hit me in the heart this time.

“To put this here — at my front door — everybody has to see that when they walk in,” Carson added. “It basically says, ‘The person that’s opened this business ain’t worthy.’ It hit me bad today.”

Surveillance footage showed the alleged hate crime perpetrator wasn’t white.

What compels someone to do this? Are people truly this invested in proving America is racist?

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, bbb said:

Does a Republican even stand a chance in the general?  

In Chicago? Apparently not.

From what I have read: At one time there was only one person, Donna More  opposing Foxx.  Then, out of blue, an unknown ($$, and he came in second) and a sleazy Chicago Democrat both appeared on the ballot as well. Writing was on the wall.

Considering what may happen to her over the Juicy Omelette thing, you gotta wonder what is so special about her that the Chicago machine set things up for her to win?

• Like (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, Buffalo_Gal said:

Considering what may happen to her over the Juicy Omelette thing, you gotta wonder what is so special about her that the Chicago machine set things up for her to win?

She must have a lot of dirt on a lot of people.

• Like (+1) 2

40 minutes ago, B-Man said:

Rhetorical comment I assume ?

It's Chicago.

Actually, I wasn't 100%.  I figured exactly that - Chicago.  But, then I saw somebody last night say on twitter that the R will beat her in the general..................I was wondering if it was just wishful thinking. 

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...