Hate Crime or Hoax?

The_Dude

1 minute ago, LABillzFan said:

McCain was a lot of things, but 'conservative' was never one of them. I initially thought he had a chance against Obama, and then he decided the government needed to bail out people who took out mortgages they had no business getting, and that was that.

Ultimately that election became Captain Terrific vs. Dorf On Golf, and it was terrible.

I was really too young those days to get a real feel for all of the things that happened then, but I would love a comprehensive look at how the Bush family and the subsequent move away from conservatism impacted the GOP in the late 90's and early 00's, eventually setting the table for Trump. 

• Replies 946
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

18 minutes ago, DC Tom said:

Have you SEEN your posts?  You are one ####### that deserves all the ***** they get.

You’re a squawking, hysterical woman. I mean that. 

19 minutes ago, row_33 said:

Dude wouldn't be still on the planet if he acted that way out in public...

I’m blunt and respectful in person. But I mind my business and unless you know me I’m pretty quiet as I keep to myself. I’m chivalrous and generous. I’m the ideal American. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

23 minutes ago, whatdrought said:

I was really too young those days to get a real feel for all of the things that happened then, but I would love a comprehensive look at how the Bush family and the subsequent move away from conservatism impacted the GOP in the late 90's and early 00's, eventually setting the table for Trump. 

On the R side, my view is the high number of candidates allowed Trump to prevail.  There was a sameness among many of the politician R candidates and they all split the pie for traditional republican voters into tiny pieces while Trump ran somewhat unopposed within the same party and got the majority of media coverage during the primary.  Bush II and Obama and Hillary really set the table for Trump. Both Bush and Obama had lousy presidencies and Hillary was just a terrible candidate.  Perfect storm for Trump.  Both parties unpopular, outsider that was well known comes in and speaks to the people.  As bad as Hillary was he might have been the only one that could have beaten her.  Jeb, Rubio, Cruz, Kasich, Christie and others probably don't get it done.  Trump won the center. 

Edited by keepthefaith

4 minutes ago, keepthefaith said:

On the R side, my view is the high number of candidates allowed Trump to prevail.  There was a sameness among many of the politician R candidates and they all split the pie for traditional republican voters into tiny pieces while Trump ran somewhat unopposed within the same party and got the majority of media coverage during the primary.  Bush II and Obama and Hillary really set the table for Trump. Both Bush and Obama had lousy presidencies and Hillary was just a terrible candidate.  Perfect storm for Trump.  Both parties unpopular, outsider that was well known comes in and speaks to the people.  As bad as Hillary was he might have been the only one that could have beaten her.  Jeb, Rubio, Cruz, Kasich, Christie and others probably don't get it done.  

I think in retrospect that Cruz might have had a chance. Trump lost a lot of voters who didn't want to play the "good, not great" game or didn't want to compromise on morality and character in the conservative ideas. I respect that, but I also wonder about Christians/Catholics voting for a Mormon without any trouble on that side. That being said, I really liked Ted Cruz. I think he could have potentially won because people on the right so hated Hillary, but we'll never know. 

I will say that Trumps biggest advantage over Hillary was that she is/was a joke of a candidate who assumed the end, and he is/was a massive troll who gave no *****. 

You also make a great point in that the liberal media helped Trump immensely by sensationalizing him during the primary. They must have believed he was the path of least resistance for their queen B. 

Edited by whatdrought
  • Like (+1) 2

STACY MCCAIN: The Media ‘Think They’re Living in a Cartoon and White Men Are the Villains.’ 

Over the years, the MSM has fallen for hundreds of hate crime hoaxes, reporting on them as if they were confirmed facts, rather than mere allegations.

By the time the story is proven to be a hoax, the media has already moved on to the next manufactured outrage. This phenomenon has only increased since the election of President Trump. Yet people still expressed shock and surprise when it became obvious that Smollett had staged his own hate crime.

They feel cheated. But if you just keep in mind that you can’t cheat an honest man, it all makes sense.

20 minutes ago, B-Man said:

They feel cheated. But if you just keep in mind that you can’t cheat an honest man, it all makes sense.

you can cheat an honest man, happens a million times a day

you cannot CON an honest man......

1 hour ago, The_Dude said:

I, as a proud, strong, white man do not feel safe at Subway anymore. That is the real travesty in this. What is Subway going to do to make straight white men like me feel welcome?!

i believe Jared gets out soon.

Edited by Foxx
  • Haha (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Crayola64 said:

I guess it is off topic, but I didn’t think McCain was that bad in his earlier days.  During his campaign, was when he started to switch, but afterwards he became a complete idiot.  Maybe I wasn’t as observant before though, so I could be wrong.

Yea because, someone listing two things is putting them on par.  You are reaching and reaching.  You thought I was making a point that I wasn’t, and ran with it incorrectly.  You should have just admitted that, but whatever.  You are clearly in the wrong and have learned nothing so oh well.  I am moving on.

I have no no idea who has done more,  and don’t claim to say I did (I didn’t) Based on recent events it certainly seems like more liberals making up hoaxes.  But that’s just a guess.

Declare yourself the winner and then end the conversation, eh? I'm happy to have the conversation ended because I really don't have a desire to argue anymore with a concrete block. I hope you've learned a lesson not to make declarations without being able to back them up. Also, our goalposts down here are not on wheels. Anyway, it's all good, unless you try to pull off shitagain.

6 hours ago, Crayola64 said:

Well I don’t make lists on demand.  Do you want me to google examples for you of white people staging crimes against minorities lol?  Is that what you are asking?

Did I say anything about that?

Oh, so you’re just drawing false comparisons as a way to dodge admitting your precious left wing is completely full of sh— on all this race baiting.  Got it.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, 3rdnlng said:

Declare yourself the winner and then end the conversation, eh? I'm happy to have the conversation ended because I really don't have a desire to argue anymore with a concrete block. I hope you've learned a lesson not to make declarations without being able to back them up. Also, our goalposts down here are not on wheels. Anyway, it's all good, unless you try to pull off shitagain.

Lol whatever you say boss.  You can pretend conservatives have never done that.  That’s what is nice about forums, there is no ultimate decision maker.  You can go unchecked and believe whatever you want.  I personally like it that way as it lets people have opinions and discussions that wouldn’t pass muster elsewhere.

you asking me to prove something, me giving it to you, and you get to pretend I didn’t and tell me not to try that ***** again.  Lol, I i make a living proving much smarter people wrong on much more complex topics.  I’m much more aware of logic and supporting assertions with evidence than you’ll ever be, so pipe down with your threats/lessons of supporting evidence.

and we both know how right I was after you read about someone like Ashley Todd.  You can try and snake your way out of it all you want.

Edited by Crayola64