Jussie Smallette (Alleged) Self Inflicted Hoax Assault

RaoulDuke79

On 2/22/2019 at 9:03 AM, mead107 said:

My biggest question from the start was why didn’t he call police right from the spot he was jumped?  

Why did he come back in view still holding his subway and not take the rope off his neck?  

Just a lot of questions from the start. 

I think the main reason is because he's a moron. My 8 year old could have pulled off a more convincing stunt.

Edited by RaoulDuke79
  • Like (+1) 1

On 2/23/2019 at 11:27 AM, Deranged Rhino said:

False.

(Speaking as someone who knows Hollywood and how it works)

But are they jobs that anyone would even care about?  Seeing as how most of us had no clue who he was anyway, I can't help but wonder if those jobs would be any different than what he had already.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, shrader said:

But are they jobs that anyone would even care about?  Seeing as how most of us had no clue who he was anyway, I can't help but wonder if those jobs would be any different than what he had already.

Probably true that they'd be the same type gigs. More than one or two enterprising financiers will take a run at giving him a staring vehicle of some kind just to cash in on the controversy/hype surrounding Smallette. And with Netflix pouring money into activist "shows" (and hiring political activists as producers to make them), he'll have more than enough "safe spaces" where he'll be viewed as a hero even though he lied. 

Then there's the reality TV circuit... 

He'll have plenty of work when he gets done with this, barring a prolonged sentence which allows him to completely disappear out of view. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

Probably true that they'd be the same type gigs. More than one or two enterprising financiers will take a run at giving him a staring vehicle of some kind just to cash in on the controversy/hype surrounding Smallette. And with Netflix pouring money into activist "shows" (and hiring political activists as producers to make them), he'll have more than enough "safe spaces" where he'll be viewed as a hero even though he lied. 

He'll have plenty of work when he gets done with this, barring a prolonged sentence which allows him to completely disappear out of view. 

Well, from this answer, I can be happy in knowing I will continue to be completely unaware of who he is and what he's doing.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Deranged Rhino said:

Hey, if John Wayne Bobbitt & Joey Buttafuoco landed movie roles, there's hope for Jussie.

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, /dev/null said:

Amazing how after the facts came out, this story seems to have been forgotten

I was thinking the same thing. I'm curious if there will be any charges. It's crazy to me that this was the top story for 2 weeks because it hit all the hot button topics (racism, homophobia,  politics), then when none of these were found to be true, the story just fell off the map. Makes one wonder what the true intent of the media is.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

2 hours ago, RaoulDuke79 said:

I was thinking the same thing. I'm curious if there will be any charges. It's crazy to me that this was the top story for 2 weeks because it hit all the hot button topics (racism, homophobia,  politics), then when none of these were found to be true, the story just fell off the map. Makes one wonder what the true intent of the media is.

You're not seriously still wondering, are you?

• Like (+1) 1

On 3/2/2019 at 9:42 PM, RaoulDuke79 said:

It fell off the map because there not much left to talk about. Leading up to it it was a story because there was an investigation to figure out what happened, they found it to be a hoax which pretty much ends the story until a court case begins or he starts talking in public again. Until then, what's to report or talk about? The news/media are there to report what is available to them at the time. Nothing appears to have been made up or fabricated by the media in this. They just 'reported' what he told everyone happened. People then took that info and ran with it.

7 hours ago, apuszczalowski said:

It fell off the map because there not much left to talk about. Leading up to it it was a story because there was an investigation to figure out what happened, they found it to be a hoax which pretty much ends the story until a court case begins or he starts talking in public again. Until then, what's to report or talk about? The news/media are there to report what is available to them at the time. Nothing appears to have been made up or fabricated by the media in this. They just 'reported' what he told everyone happened. People then took that info and ran with it.

If the media are there to just report the facts then in the interest of fairness USA Today should run an article about the number of fake lynchings that occurred in the course of US history. 

On 3/2/2019 at 9:32 PM, /dev/null said:

We had a few days about the story, a couple weeks as it fell apart and people tore it up, and then a few days post mortem  after it died. Do you really want more coverage of this important event in American history?

2 hours ago, BeginnersMind said:

We had a few days about the story, a couple weeks as it fell apart and people tore it up, and then a few days post mortem  after it died. Do you really want more coverage of this important event in American history?

Well it will be linked to Black History Month forever .

Edited by Uncle Joe

14 minutes ago, Gugny said:

Horrible story, indeed.  But it has no resemblance to what Jussie what's his name did.

It does go to show that there are a lot of ways to be an idiot! (Or worse!) And people just keep trying to find new ways.... and just when you think we’ve pretty much covered every possibility some genius comes up with a doozie! 

12 hours ago, BeginnersMind said:

I don't think in people in 2024 are going to be remembering February as the month of the Jussie Smollete hoax. 

given the trajectory of america's intellect and attention span, a large number of americans will spend february 2024 wondering why there are 29 days

• Like (+1) 2

On ‎2‎/‎21‎/‎2019 at 8:07 AM, ExiledInIllinois said:

Wrong...Those counties are the elite suburbs. This ain't no Coastal Elite area.  Sure there are urban pockets of Blue.

Very much MAGA Country. I live in Will County a few 1,000 feet from Cook:  almost a dead heat:

Will County

100% Reporting

D H. Clinton 50.2% 146,230
R D. Trump 44.6% 129,726
L G. Johnson 3.9% 11,337
G J. Stein 1.3% 3,717

Again... There is no buffer zone.

Sure... Lake County, Indiana was the same, but look at the State:

https://www.politico.com/2016-election/results/map/president/indiana/

Same with Illinois:

https://www.politico.com/2016-election/results/map/president/illinois/

EIL, 6% is a landslide these days. You know that. Check out how many states were very, very close in 2016. Of course, the dems did make them closer with votes from dead people and illegal aliens.

2 hours ago, Bill from NYC said:

EIL, 6% is a landslide these days. You know that. Check out how many states were very, very close in 2016. Of course, the dems did make them closer with votes from dead people and illegal aliens.

With these old battleaxe Republican election judges in Will county?  No way a dead person and illegal alien is allowed to vote in my Republican collar county precinct.

These election judge ladies fought the Battle of the Bulge... Nothing is slipping by them... Especially a Snowflake Democrat trying to vote twice.

This is Deplorable Central, blue firewall country.  It just didn't bend Trump as much as Iowa, Wisconsin, Michigan, & Pennsylvania because the Deplorable country element win out.  6% is NOT a landslide.  Gary Johnson plucked off a whopping 4% and Jill Stein, 1.5%.  There's your race or it would have been a landslide or if Trump was a decent human being, a dead heat.  Hillary barely got 50%, in some of the deepest Blue of Will County (Joliet, etc...).  Many people who couldn't vote for Trump went Johnson.

It's a dead heat.  This considering... Populist Trump ALMOST flipped me towards The Basket©. I never voted for a Republican in my life.  Ever.  I was that close, but my moral compass, what ever little was left of it for Clinton, prevailed.

The results are showing with the mass corruption a businessman brings to politics.

My #1 reason not breaking from ranks behind the Blue Firewall was that businessmen in politics bring even more corruption.  It's showing.

Sorry to get political... You can have last word. That's the situation here.  The old stereotype are fun, but simply don't hold.  Again, I am Will County, not Cook... There is very little Purple Buffer zone here.  I know it's confusing for outsiders... Especially, Coastals to understand.

Edited by ExiledInIllinois

On 3/2/2019 at 9:32 PM, /dev/null said:

Just like when all the non-stop CNN blasting of church fire hate crimes were found out to be set by their own former-members and others who were related and damaged people?

1 hour ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

With these old battleaxe Republican election judges in Will county?  No way a dead person and illegal alien is allowed to vote in my Republican collar county precinct.

These election judge ladies fought the Battle of the Bulge... Nothing is slipping by them... Especially a Snowflake Democrat trying to vote twice.

This is Deplorable Central, blue firewall country.  It just didn't bend Trump as much as Iowa, Wisconsin, Michigan, & Pennsylvania because the Deplorable country element win out.  6% is NOT a landslide.  Gary Johnson plucked off a whopping 4% and Jill Stein, 1.5%.  There's your race or it would have been a landslide or if Trump was a decent human being, a dead heat.  Hillary barely got 50%, in some of the deepest Blue of Will County (Joliet, etc...).  Many people who couldn't vote for Trump went Johnson.

It's a dead heat.  This considering... Populist Trump ALMOST flipped me towards The Basket©. I never voted for a Republican in my life.  Ever.  I was that close, but my moral compass, what ever little was left of it for Clinton, prevailed.

The results are showing with the mass corruption a businessman brings to politics.

My #1 reason not breaking from ranks behind the Blue Firewall was that businessmen in politics bring even more corruption.  It's showing.

Sorry to get political... You can have last word. That's the situation here.  The old stereotype are fun, but simply don't hold.  Again, I am Will County, not Cook... There is very little Purple Buffer zone here.  I know it's confusing for outsiders... Especially, Coastals to understand.

I am not saying who you should vote for. If you can stomach voting for Hillary, etc. you should go for it.

I AM saying that today, in this country, 6% is an utterly decisive win.

Michigan, Wisconsin, Florida, Pennsylvania were extremely narrow victories. If I am not mistaken Hillary barely won Minnesota. The country is divided.

• Like (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, Bill from NYC said:

I am not saying who you should vote for. If you can stomach voting for Hillary, etc. you should go for it.

I AM saying that today, in this country, 6% is an utterly decisive win.

Michigan, Wisconsin, Florida, Pennsylvania were extremely narrow victories. If I am not mistaken Hillary barely won Minnesota. The country is divided.

when wasn't the country divided?

and people electing a President by landslide is not unity.... the country was most divided for the Civil War and then the late60s-early70s Vietnam thing

this is frigging Disneyland compared to those two times.

16 hours ago, row_33 said:

when wasn't the country divided?

and people electing a President by landslide is not unity.... the country was most divided for the Civil War and then the late60s-early70s Vietnam thing

this is frigging Disneyland compared to those two times.

Any centrist who could make it to the election would win. But the primary system makes that hard. 

The silent majority is exhausted bu the extremes. 

Edited by BeginnersMind
  • Like (+1) 1

Well, the charges are good for a few good days of coverage and publicity. This will go quiet for a while, but the GREAT NEWS is....he will eventually be sentenced and Jussie will get EVEN MORE publicity! He must feel like such a WINNER today! What a great plan. 

What would he have done if some poor schmo who was wandering around in the wrong place at the wrong time got charged with this? He will gets what he deserves, if not here and now.....eventually. 

gay black man has bleach poured over him by MAGA hat wearing white guys = National News (turned out to be a hoax, but still national story)

black transgender asks woman if she is white then pepper sprays victim.  suspect is being investigated for string of related attacks.  National crickets

https://newyork.cbslocal.com/2019/03/09/manhattan-harlem-pepper-spray-attack/

29 minutes ago, /dev/null said:

gay black man has bleach poured over him by MAGA hat wearing white guys = National News (turned out to be a hoax, but still national story)

black transgender asks woman if she is white then pepper sprays victim.  suspect is being investigated for string of related attacks.  National crickets

https://newyork.cbslocal.com/2019/03/09/manhattan-harlem-pepper-spray-attack/

Q: What's wrong with this statement. 

Moments later, they helped lead police to 37-year-old Thomas Herd, who was taken to St. Barnabas Hospital, where she is set to undergo a mental evaluation before facing charges.

A: Everything.

What's there to evaluate? All I keep hearing is that transgender folks are perfectly well adjusted stable people.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.