Jussie Smallette (Alleged) Self Inflicted Hoax Assault

RaoulDuke79

13 minutes ago, Doc said:

Definitely crooked.  Sealing the case tells you all you need to know.

I’d like some pressure on whoever made the deal. The police and mayor are pissed, and justifiably so as I see it. What am I missing? 

7 minutes ago, Augie said:

I’d like some pressure on whoever made the deal. The police and mayor are pissed, and justifiably so as I see it. What am I missing? 

I don't think your missing anything other than a handful of shady well connected people with a particular agenda.

1 hour ago, Augie said:

Kim Foxx is who made the deal.  And what you're missing is he's a FOB: Friend of Barry.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, bbb said:

You live in Chicago and this is the first you're hearing of it?

I don't live in Chicago.  I don't even live in Cook County.

I do work there and am working overnights, 1800-0600.   Yes, first I am hearing.  I have no social media presence (except this place, if you want to call it that)...

Again yes.  I really don't follow news some days, etc... 

• Like (+1) 1

This really surprised me too, unless it is a smokescreen to take the focus off of him, but then when I read David Axelrod also come out vehemently against it, it confused me even more.  Perhaps they are getting tired of the 'above everyone else' mentality that many in this circle of friends seems to walk around with.  Or perhaps they are simply covering their own asses

9 hours ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

Rom is a FOB and he was pissed 

16 hours ago, PromoTheRobot said:

His lawyer said he was fully exonerated. That's good enough for the prosecutors I guess.

^this guy :lol:

16 hours ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

I read one where his lawyer said he was surprised the report was wasn't to damning ....    (meaning he expected a lot worse to come out) 

^ also this guy :lol:

8 hours ago, Doc said:

Figured the OTW thread was getting moved here eventually.

????

This is still OTW and not PPP  at least as of 8:12 AM 27 March

• Off the Wall 
  •  
  • Jussie Smallette (Alleged) Self Inflicted Hoax Assault
48 minutes ago, Joe in Winslow said:

^this guy :lol:

^ also this guy :lol:

This whole story has been a joke from start to finish.  

I mean who TF names a kid Jussie ???

56 minutes ago, The Poojer said:

This really surprised me too, unless it is a smokescreen to take the focus off of him, but then when I read David Axelrod also come out vehemently against it, it confused me even more.  Perhaps they are getting tired of the 'above everyone else' mentality that many in this circle of friends seems to walk around with.  Or perhaps they are simply covering their own asses

Was a "clear" rationale given?  

Just now, Joe in Winslow said:

I thought you were speaking of the other great hoax of our time. Collusion.

Only the Shadow knows .....  

It may apply to both   ;)    

RE Collusion   --  I never bought that story  (contrary what some claim).    What got me in this was the dealings with Russians.

Look  -  I've had a security clearance ....  you pull this ***** and any normal Joe goes to jail if he doesn't file a report of the meeting(s).   

And if you do pull this crap before you "enter" politics, you shouldn't be granted a security clearance after. 

35 minutes ago, Uncle Joe said:

Like being forced to listen to Barry Manilow 24/7?

Theres a town around here that's thinking of playing Manilow music in the downtown  area to stop some of the issues they have been having with people causing trouble. Its said to work that playing classical or other forms of music keep the 'riff raff' away and less issues happen.......

What did people expect in this case? Even if it went to court and tied up the court system, along with a media circus, he most likely would have walked away with some fines and community service anyway. The only reason people want more is because the media blew it up because it was a somewhat 'celebrity' who did it so the media continued to run with it. Had this been a nobody claiming this happened to them, you would have heard nothing about it after the first day outside of local news stations. Nobody would care if the person was ever charged or faced any punishment. 

Theres now a pretty good chance he wont get another Hollywood acting gig after this as no one will want to be associated with him, and in about another year we wont hear about it anymore.

2 hours ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

????

This is still OTW and not PPP  at least as of 8:12 AM 27 March

It was moved there late last night.  It was dismaying because it totally threw-off the flow of the conversation.  They moved it back sometime after that.

4 hours ago, apuszczalowski said:

Theres now a pretty good chance he wont get another Hollywood acting gig after this as no one will want to be associated with him, and in about another year we wont hear about it anymore.

I'm not so sure about this.  I think some in Hollywood will welcome him back with open arms some even "high fiving" him.  Hollywood is full of TDS and that's really what this whole thing was about.  

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Chef Jim said:

I'm not so sure about this.  I think some in Hollywood will welcome him back with open arms some even "high fiving" him.  Hollywood is full of TDS and that's really what this whole thing was about.  

He should be getting an Emmy next year.

2 hours ago, Chef Jim said:

Hes “brave” let him host the oscars and lecture us on racism 

2 hours ago, Chef Jim said:

Per Taraji P. Henson 

"I'm happy that the truth has finally been set free, because I knew it all along," Henson said. "We're all happy for him, and thank God the truth prevailed."

3 hours ago, Chef Jim said:

Actors may welcome him back, but the exec's (producers, studios, Etc.) Wont be so eager to bring him back to roles and risk people boycotting the show/movie because of him. He wasnt very big of an actor before this, he doesnt have the star power to help him come back like bigger stars.....

3 hours ago, The Senator said:

the Feds will get him on mail fraud - michele obama has no influence over the fbi

If he did it, yes he won't escape that.

And he's apparently planning on suing the city.  If the case is sealed, does that mean the city can mount no real defense?

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.