Bills fire WR Coach Terry Robiskie

Reed83HOF

2 hours ago, RyanC883 said:

I thought that given the overall lack of talent that Robiskie did a decent job, esp. with Foster.   But perhaps that wasn't him, and/or Dabol wants a different person. 

Yeah, he didn't have much to work with so this is surprising to me.  Maybe something to do with Benji's piss poor attitude and even worse play?

6 minutes ago, Hebert19 said:

Poor musician that blames the instrument.  Terrible wrs...but it's the coach. 

It's possible the guy is difficult to work with, and McDermott / Daboll wanted to go in another direction.

31 minutes ago, BillyWhiteShows said:

Just now, PIZ said:

It's possible the guy is difficult to work with, and McDermott / Daboll wanted to go in another direction.

Why would you think that?

Edited by The Wiz
  • Thank you (+1) 1

LOVE IT!!  Complete overhall on the O coaching side of the ball......good!  Cant get any worse from what we saw mainly in the 1st part of the season to say the least.....but yes keep Daboll in his 2nd year.....lets see how he does with the new personale....

3 hours ago, Utah John said:

Looks like Robiskie is taking the fall for Kelvin Benjamin being a fat, lazy bust of a player.  It wasn't Robiskie who traded for Benjamin and anointed him the #1 WR on the team.  Robiskie had very little to work with talent-wise, but did get some of the younger guys going, which could pay off in years ahead.

Daboll probably wants his own guys, and he should have them.

Seriously, why do people really care who we have as positional coaches? Fans have no idea if they are good or bad. OC and DC should have the ability to bring in the coaches they want.

• Like (+1) 1

I don't think Crossman gets released unless McBeane have a clear upgrade targeted, and know he will accept the position.

That is the ONLY reason I can imagine for not taking any action to address the steaming pile his unit left on the field more often than not this year.

I could've sworn I heard something before the season began, that Robiskie was only going to be here for the year.

It may have been on one of those "behind the scenes" videos that the Bills put out in the preseason.

Edited by Bad Things

3 minutes ago, DJB said:

I dont entirely agree with this given the complete trash we had at WR. Obviously nobody knows how he was like behind the scenes i guess 

As some have pointed out Culley has spent more years as a WR coach than a QB coach. We have no idea how much he may have contributed to helping develop some of those young WRs.

Hard to know what goes on behind the scenes, but seems like they had some overlap for this role and felt they could move on. I think that considering what they had to work with that the WR unit did pretty well, but we have no idea who was most responsible for that development.

1 hour ago, K-9 said:

Palmer would have to take a major cut in pay to become an NFL position coach. 

Yep I don't think Palmer wants to leave his cushy situation. 

If Culley moves the recievers, the guy to get is Rob Chudzinski in my opinion. He'd be a good get to work with Josh Allen. 

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Misterbluesky said:

How.much money would it take.to get James Lofton out of that CBS analyst job?

Great player, but do we know he can coach?

Pegs can certainly afford him, but that’s a pretty easy gig he’s got now. 

30 minutes ago, WideNine said:

I don't think Crossman gets released unless McBeane have a clear upgrade targeted, and know he will accept the position.

That is the ONLY reason I can imagine for not taking any action to address the steaming pile his unit left on the field more often than not this year.

You would be an upgrade over Crossmam. There wasn't a worse ST out there. You name the mistake, the Bills did it. 

Did the Bills block one kick this year?