Cash?  

50 members have voted

1. 1. Do you still use cash?

• Cash
    • Check
    • Credit Card
    • Crypto-currency
    • Phone based payment

As the owner of a retail establishment I know how much it costs me per month in bank charges from credit card purchases, which of course figure into the price I charge for what I sell. Therefore I always use cash when dealing with small business'.

Another good reason to always make sure you have cash on hand is if there is a power, phone line or internet outage where a business can't accept cards. Think back to the power grid going down in the north east 15-20 years ago. I could sell on a cash only basis until it got too dark to see what I was doing. People that just had cards were ***** out of luck.

13 minutes ago, Ridgewaycynic2013 said:

I’m surprised we’re all not buying $30 tubes of toothpaste from MeadWay...and bringing in a downstream.

Well there's your problem right there.  You think they actually accept dollars at MeadWay.

• Haha (+1) 1

On 1/1/2019 at 2:52 PM, /dev/null said:

trying to stay off the grid

My man Guerrero on Human Target:

Guerrero: I only get paid in cash. I've never taken a check in my entire life. Look, men in my vocation can't afford being burnt by a paper trail. Do you know what this is? It's a license to steal. It's a map for thieves. Get your account number, they find your social. They find your social, they got you.
Ilsa: Who are they, exactly?
Guerrero: Well, uh.. me... and men of my ilk.
Ilsa: Well as I've explained to your colleagues, I'm running a legitimate business here. So take your check, deposit it in a secure banking facility, report it to the Federal government, and... wait for it... pay taxes on it.
Guerrero: Taxes?

On 1/2/2019 at 6:12 PM, Augie said:

Nobody has admitted to checks yet, but I’ve been behind you in the grocery store!  You need to get an earful from @plenzmd1 ! 

those folks don't leave a store alive!!!!

Course you prolly still think those new things they call ATMs are scary to use..dang nabbit why cant I cash a check for cash at the neighborhood drugstore anymore!!! That's when life was good!

2 hours ago, plenzmd1 said:

those folks don't leave a store alive!!!!

Course you prolly still think those new things they call ATMs are scary to use..dang nabbit why cant I cash a check for cash at the neighborhood drugstore anymore!!! That's when life was good!

The kind folks at the soda shoppe still cash my checks, I’ll have you know! 

I was there right after the birth of the ATM. I was young, and very poor, so this young banker frequently volunteered to be on call to service our ATM’s after hours. I got like $50/week to be on call 24/7 and fix whatever went wrong. I was RICH! 

I never carry around any cash.

Actually, I take that back... I only carry cash with me during the summer months, when local farmers offer their produce with "honesty boxes" at the end of the driveways.  (Just stocked up on fresh berries and cherries last week.)

I pay for almost everything in life with plastic and have done so for years now.

I often go 6 months or more with very little cash in my wallet and no real need for the little cash I have.

It's different when I'm in Europe, as it is still hard to get by without cash there.  Lots of people simply won't accept payment in any form other than cash, particularly at restaurants.

Europe is kind of backward or old fashioned in that manner.

18 hours ago, Nextmanup said:

I pay for almost everything in life with plastic and have done so for years now.

I often go 6 months or more with very little cash in my wallet and no real need for the little cash I have.

It's different when I'm in Europe, as it is still hard to get by without cash there.  Lots of people simply won't accept payment in any form other than cash, particularly at restaurants.

Europe is kind of backward or old fashioned in that manner.

Or maybe they are forward and want to keep the counterfeiters working as part of their employment plans.

On ‎1‎/‎2‎/‎2019 at 9:43 PM, KD in CA said:

I can’t wait till Meadflix goes live.

No you won't. I'm a beta tester, what it is, is a camera facing Mead as he watches the movie you select, and he describes what is on the screen. 

• Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Just Jack said:

No you won't. I'm a beta tester, what it is, is a camera facing Mead as he watches the movie you select, and he describes what is on the screen. 

I thought that was closer to Meadphone.