First half thread: Wk 17 Dolphins at Bills (CBS)

• Replies 872
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Bad decision by Josh but a very questionable play call at best.  I'd rather they throw it deep and its just a punt.  They haven't even tried throwing down field and with no run game Miami will sit on everything short.  Daboll needs to do better  Play calling entire 2nd quarter was predictable slow paced and terrible

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, Watkins90 said:

People beg McDermott to be aggressive and pass and then when he does and our QB throws a pick, you call him a POS. geez.

If ever there was a time to throw deep, it was then. I'm mad McD called timeout before the dolphins first TD on 3rd down.  The Bills were immediately in the backfield but for some reason he needed a TO there?

• Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, sven233 said:

Game should have been over at halftime.  That's what a defensive head coach and conservative play calling gets you.  The good teams put the hammer down even harder and bury you.  A defensive-minded head coach plays not to lose.  That gets you beat.

How do we know that is conservative playcalling. How do we know that they didn't set up deep shots it just wasn't there. 

3 minutes ago, Livinginthepast said:

Why throw there? Kill the clock go in at the half. Instead a game changing pick 6. 

The decision to throw is not the issue. It's where we threw that makes no sense. The best possible result was a 6 yard gain and the clock keeps running with 40 seconds to go and one timeout. All risk and zero reward. If we threw a pick downfield it wouldn't matter. Just a weird series all around.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Watkins90 said:

People beg McDermott to be aggressive and pass and then when he does and our QB throws a pick, you call him a POS. geez.

There's a time to be aggressive and a time to hit pause, get a rest and reset.  Josh's 10 yard throw into the middle of the field was anything but aggressive. It was just plain stupid.

Just now, HalftimeAdjustment said:

Really? Never? Is this your first or second season watching the Bills?

No never. That 2nd quarter was absolutely embarrassing.

14-0 in a meaningless game and the guy goes into a shell when he should be developing his young QB and actually TRY to score more points. It’s the 2nd quarter!!

Embrassing by him and Daboll

• Like (+1) 4

1 minute ago, Watkins90 said:

Why is that on Dabol. There were three other receivers on the field. it isn't his fault Allen predetermined where he was going to throw the ball and just stared it down. 

Because you are at the end of the half on your side of the field. Not to mention you called a run play the play before that.  It was a bad play by Allen no doubt about it but it was a dumb call by Dabo. 

1 minute ago, jlgarsh said:

If ever there was a time to throw deep, it was then. I'm mad McD called timeout before the dolphins first TD on 3rd down.  The Bills were immediately in the backfield but for some reason he needed a TO there?

They called the play dead. Nobody on the Dolphins oline were blocking.

2 minutes ago, Watkins90 said:

Why is that on Dabol. There were three other receivers on the field. it isn't his fault Allen predetermined where he was going to throw the ball and just stared it down. 

Because I *like* Allen, but I *don't like* Dabol so it's clear as freaking day that's on Dabol! ??

• Haha (+1) 1