Where does everyone stand on this lost season?

Dadonkadonk

It is now quite apparent that the win now and in the future was complete BS. This 2018 team was not constructed to win.  I would contend that with TT and Richie this team would be in the hunt for a WC and an outside shot at the division with the Patriots coming to town.

But McBeane were determined to blow up the roster and blow it up they have.

So with Allen, Edmunds, and Star's play to date are you ok with the lost 2018 season. You can add in the nice find of Foster but also need to factor in that Zay is now 14 games closer to being a total bust and waste of multiple picks. Because this lost season and another wasted defense is the cost of drafting and developing Allen/Edmunds. 

For me, Allen is exactly what I thought he would be but I would have preferred him sitting behind TT and a shot at the playoffs in 2018. I simply don't trust McBeane to rebuild the offense. But as I've said before,  if they found the franchise leaders in Allen/Edmunds then it is worth the lost 2018 season. 

But I live in Portland and only spend money for Sunday Ticket and travelled to Green Bay. 

What say you season ticket holders?

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

It wasn't lost at all. Rookie contributions have been big. Milano turned into a legit pro bowler, Tre White has turned into a legit all-pro...

Bills have tons of cap space and draft picks to improve a lot in the off-season. 

• Like (+1) 6
  • Thank you (+1) 2

10 minutes ago, Dadonkadonk said:

It is now quite apparent that the win now and in the future was complete BS. This 2018 team was not constructed to win.  I would contend that with TT and Richie this team would be in the hunt for a WC and an outside shot at the division with the Patriots coming to town.

Even when they went to the playoffs, McDermott and Beane cautioned that there were tough times ahead so I'm not sure they were preaching "Win now and the future". 

You say the 2018 was not constructed to win, but with TT and Ritchie they would be? If so, the Ritchie situation was entirely out the Bills hands. He lost his mind.

Josh Allen has been better than TT so I'm not sure why TT would have been "constructed to win"

Your whole post seems to be conflicting..

Anyways, I'm fine with how the year has played out. This was always going to be a year that hurt, but I think we've seen some surprising contributions from unexpected players. There hasn't been finger pointing or players bitching which is impressive. McDermott seems to have instilled the type of culture needed to win. 

Edited by jeremy2020
  • Like (+1) 7

I stand in the place where it's not a lost season.  It was a productive season toward a rebuild.

We discovered some diamonds in the rough and a lot of players got a chance they may not have gotten to gain experience.  In other years we may have cut Foster and not picked up McKenzie.

Our rookie QB has gained a lot of experience. I also have a more positive outlook on the future than when we made the playoffs with TT.

Edited by formerlyofCtown
  • Like (+1) 3

It sounds weird, but it’s been the best losing season ever.  I never lost interest - the development of Allen has made every game fun.

And I think we can all feel it.  The division IS about to change hands.  It’s not some dreamy  fantasy.

• Like (+1) 17
  • Haha (+1) 1

I'm good with where things stand.  Bills got a qb with a crazy ceiling to develop along with a linebacker who also has massive upside.  They cleaned the cap sheet  will go into next season with picks and plenty of money to spend.  Last two drafts so far look very solid.  Patriots are getting old, Miami seems rudderless and the Jets rebuild sure doesn't look any further ahead than it was. Pre free agency/draft the Bills seem to be trending up.  They have a good free agency and we could be a long term play off contender starting next season

• Like (+1) 5

Tuhrod would have made no difference.  The lack of running game and his inability to throw past the sticks would have made the Bills unwatchable.  Richie went batshit crazy, so let's all please stop with the irrational Richie love.

The real reason this season went down the tubes was the irrational Peterman love and the AJ McCarron trade.  Not having an experienced backup QB doomed us to failure.  Josh Allen came as advertised, with a cannon arm and otherworldly athletic ability.  Most exciting Bills QB since Flutie.  The future's so bright, I gotta wear shades.

• Like (+1) 1