PETA is a PITA

26CornerBlitz

9 minutes ago, The Poojer said:

they are trying to teach old dogs new tricks

Love Jimmy's Famous Seafood responding

Capture.thumb.JPG.d2384c3a95567283ae07a62e058e6306.JPG

/smh

Trust Me.  She's happier with the 49 big ones. Stick it in a college fund.

You gotta be kidding me.  "I" got 3 cats.  $147,000?  What's PETA's number!  

I am sure I'd get over it.

?

20 minutes ago, GoBills808 said:

And paid handsomely, no doubt. 

Because crazy people funding them.  Wonder how they made their money?  Hollywood no doubt.  Full of environmental and animal rights loons.

3 hours ago, Boca BIlls said:

I'm gonna go eat a steak...

I am going to eat some turkey breast, AND talk bad about it right before I bite down!

• Like (+1) 1

32 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

Animal protections are a legit concern but PETA is so extreme they actually work against their supposed goal. It's like they troll themselves.

You think?  Like the Greenpeace extremists too.

PETA would go door to door "freeing" all animals. The extreme greens would ban chlorine. The world would be total chaos.

The world needs animal husbandry and chlorine for a safe, healthy, orderly world.

I wonder what these Whacka-Dos, that finance PETA,  do for a living?  They surely are like the extremist enviro tree huggers.  They most definitely aren't pushing loads of chlorine somewhere on a river in order to make a safe, more disease free world.  They probably work in Hollywood and turn a blind eye to selling hot dogs @ the movie theater that's making them a zillion dollars....

Slightly off-topic story from Cincinnati, circa 1995........

There was a dive bar along a small river here, that kept a large monkey in a cage outside the bar during the warmer months. 

One day, the monkey was gone.

About 3 months later, the monkey returned (all in warm months).

The story is that a local lawyer was upset the monkey wasn't there, and heard the SPCA removed it. The lawyer researched the SPCA, and found they let their trademark expire on the legal name of the business, ASPCA. He then filed for the trademark rights under the monkey's name, and for a while, the monkey owned the name ASPCA. Hence his return to the cage. He was friendly, but he had a bad habit of smoking cigarettes that the bikers would give to him.......

• Thank you (+1) 1

On 12/5/2018 at 9:00 AM, PromoTheRobot said:

Animal protections are a legit concern but PETA is so extreme they actually work against their supposed goal. It's like they troll themselves.

Happy to see someone here say this! I'm a regular financial donor to PETA, and I don't agree with them on this particular stance, but the overall work they do is noble and important. 

Edited by MichaelAbdallah

15 hours ago, MichaelAbdallah said:

Happy to see someone here say this! I'm a regular financial donor to PETA, and I don't agree with them on this particular stance, but the overall work they do is noble and important. 

Your contribution would be better served at the local animal shelter

• Like (+1) 2

53 minutes ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

LoL!

People in New England have probably seen this establishment:

Bunghole Liqours

I used to buy from Culver Meats when I was a Chef. And it’s true. No one beat their meat. And boy were they pissed. 

And I cure my own sausage. For larger sausages they use bungs. I got them by mistake once. Oh my God they stunk. Threw them away. ?

• Like (+1) 1

On 12/5/2018 at 7:23 AM, RaoulDuke79 said:

Who the hell in their right mind would take a flower by the thorns?

That one really irked me - I think we should form People for the Ethical Treatment of Plants

You shouldn’t be able to just rip those things up by the roots, chop them up, throw ‘em in boiling water, and eat them

On 12/5/2018 at 9:00 AM, PromoTheRobot said:

They are a caricature of themselves, you’re absolutely right. I will toast to this nonsense the next time I have a hankering for a good burger and indulge, which if history is any judge, will be within the next 24 hours. Cheers!