Bills have released Kelvin Benjamin and Andre Holmes

YoloinOhio

58 minutes ago, Kelly the Dog said:

This move does, however, take us from having the worst WR corps in the league to having the way worst WR corps in the league.

Zay Jones has been our #1 all year. This changes nothing. Hopefully we get Foster and McKenzie more involved that'd be great. Robert Foster hit a few big plays but I'd like to see more catches too even if it's just 10 yards. McKenzie is a guy Allen should be using more. I thought McKenzie was a great pickup by Beane. Give them another offseason to work on their craft, even without the draft our WRs in 2019 will be improved. 

27 minutes ago, PolishPrince said:

The report was from Zay's momma LOL

The funny thing is after this came out, a couple times a game I would see Zay pointing somewhere toward Kelvin... almost like Kelvin didnt know if he was supposed to be on or off the line

Exactly!

1 hour ago, YoloinOhio said:

I really think the attitude is only part of it. He is a contested catch WR (i.e. not fast, cant separate) who can’t  make contested catches. 

Agree with the latter, but I tend to think his attitude is a big part of why he doesn't make contested catches.

So I'm watching all-22, and finally whooop whooop!  15 yard catch from KB.  Jumped a bit, caught it right in the breadbasket.

Except it was 3rd and 17, and when you look at KB's route, I kind of find it hard to believe that he ran it as he should have.

He plants and turns a good yard short of the marker and 2 yards short of the DB, then moves forward a bit and jumps up so the pass hits him right in the numbers.

I think he was meant to run the route deeper and and contest with the defender and for the first down, and the pass would not have required him to jump for it if he'd have been 2 yds deeper.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, mjt328 said:

I have the same question.

If the Bills kept him on the roster for 4 more games, Kelvin Benjamin becomes an unrestricted free agent.

Assuming he signs a decent contract (not sure how likely that is), it factors into the compensatory pick formula.

Where never going to get any Comp picks this year. Anyway if they spend that 90M in UFA

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Well OK then but who are we putting on the field?

Zay, Foster, Thompson, McKenzie, the blind guy on the street corner, the olympian with paperclips for legs.

Remember that post of mine you deleted in the preseason where I called for this? I was mean and called all these ageing avg and subpar WRs bums. Now they have all been cut.

I guess OBD finally figured it out. You don't run out old washed up WRs with a new QB.

25 minutes ago, Fixxxer said:

"Captain" Cam Phillips, maybe. he's on the PS.

I'm glad Benjamin is gone, such a lazy human being and a waste of a roster spot.

...see what these kids have.....could alter the preliminary 2019 draft & FA strategy........

1 minute ago, whatdrought said:

Woah! Super cool decision. It’s important for the regime to make it clear that even if you’re one of their guys, you’re not bulletproof.

Methinks if that were the case they would have done this over a month ago and the only reason they did it now is because we are out of the playoffs.

• Like (+1) 1