Danny Crossman should be out

buffalonian

Another week with subpar special teams play that affected the outcome of the game.  

This has gone on for years since Crossman has been the special team coach. The special teams has been disorganized and has made major mistakes week in and week out this season.  I’m surprised there has been no questioning from the Buffalo media on this point. Crossman needs to go. 

Edited by buffalonian
  • Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 3

2 minutes ago, CuddyDark said:

They signed a returner Denver cut because he fumbles. He has been good on offense though.

That fumble wasn’t really on him. Tripping at the goal on the kickoff was quite silly though. 

What concerns me the most is they get a penalty every single return. It’s on the players to stop getting these stupid penalties but something is not working with his unit 

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

This isn't on Crossman.  Guy muffs fielding a kick.   Money Hauschka pushes a PAT and misses a 55 yarder.

Missed blocking on the punt that was almost blocked; guys running into each other on the muffed punt; multiple special teams penalties again. Special teams played an important role in the loss today. 

4 minutes ago, Lurker said:

And another useless thread...

Another useless comment 

• Like (+1) 4

10 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

This isn't on Crossman.  Guy muffs fielding a kick.   Money Hauschka pushes a PAT and misses a 55 yarder.

McKenzie didn't really muff it. His own guy ran into him. If their communication is lacking, that's on Crossman. This year has been filled with undisciplined penalties, guys out of position, lack of production on returns, and big gains given up in coverage. 

• Like (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, MPT said:

McKenzie didn't really muff it. His own guy ran into him. If their communication is lacking, that's on Crossman. This year has been filled with undisciplined penalties, guys out of position, lack of production on returns, and big gains given up in coverage. 

An NFL ST coach has to tell one of his players how to clear out his blockers as he's trying to fair catch??  

Nope. Even Lofton commented on exactly what McKenzie was supposed to shout to his blockers.

29 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

Special teams has sucked all year long aside from Hauschka. I'll give him a pass for an off day. I can't do the same for rest of special teams.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, RaoulDuke79 said:

Special teams has sucked all year long aside from Hauschka. I'll give him a pass for an off day. I can't do the same for rest of special teams.

I'm not arguing they haven't sucked all year.  But today, it had zero to do with coaching on those 3 plays.

3 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

An NFL ST coach has to tell one of his players how to clear out his blockers as he's trying to fair catch??  

Nope. Even Lofton commented on exactly what McKenzie was supposed to shout to his blockers.

Of course a coach has to tell his returner how to clear out blockers, and tell those blockers how to avoid the returner. Maybe he did, and maybe that one was on McKenzie and whoever ran into him. That's why I said "if".

It's the second part of my post that is the damning part of his performance and ultimately why he should be replaced.

3 minutes ago, MPT said:

Of course a coach has to tell his returner how to clear out blockers, and tell those blockers how to avoid the returner. Maybe he did, and maybe that one was on McKenzie and whoever ran into him. That's why I said "if".

It's the second part of my post that is the damning part of his performance and ultimately why he should be replaced.

Pretty sure every return man has known this since Pop Warner.

Special Teams was especially frustrating today.  I'm thinking, why should we ever try to run back a kick or fail to call a fair catch on a punt?  Every single d*** time there is a block in the back or a holding call against the Bills.  I know if I were McDermott, I'd be on Crossman big time.

Edited by TigerJ
  • Like (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

Pretty sure every return man has known this since Pop Warner.

And yet they screwed it up. So either Crossman needs to get it in their heads better, or the players need to be replaced.

But as I said, this point is dependent on factors we don't know. So, if you want to argue that Crossman is doing his job well, please address the other concerns I made in my post that can be backed up by results on the field.

Just now, MPT said:

And yet they screwed it up. So either Crossman needs to get it in their heads better, or the players need to be replaced.

But as I said, this point is dependent on factors we don't know. So, if you want to argue that Crossman is doing his job well, please address the other concerns I made in my post that can be backed up by results on the field.

He was replaced.  By the ST coach.

I already told you I don't think he has done a good job this year.  Scroll up.

As I watch the games each week, it definitely seems to me that The OL Coach, J. Castillo cannot possibly survive this off season.  The terrible play and the drive killing penalties.

When they had too many men on the field for the punt return against the Jags, that is unacceptable. 

11 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

All you told me was that the special teams coach is not responsible for his players' communication and positioning on the field. 

Or maybe that was just pointless snark, in which case I don't know what you're arguing.

57 minutes ago, RaoulDuke79 said:

55 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

I'm not arguing they haven't sucked all year.  But today, it had zero to do with coaching on those 3 plays.

29 minutes ago, MPT said:

28 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

3 minutes ago, MPT said:

All you told me was that the special teams coach is not responsible for his players' communication and positioning on the field. 

Or maybe that was just pointless snark, in which case I don't know what you're arguing.

Look. I helped you.

You could see Crossman screaming at McKenzie to "tell them to get the F out of your way!"

Edited by Mr. WEO

16 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

Look. I helped you.

You could see Crossman screaming at McKenzie to "tell them to get the F out of your way!"

Yeah sorry to burst your bubble but I don't read all your posts. Like I said, all you told me was that Crossman was not responsible for that play. Perhaps he should have drilled that lesson home before it happened on the field. Perhaps he did and McKenzie still mucked it up. But I'm not arrogant enough to pretend to know what he's been coaching in practice. That's why I said "if" to begin with. You seem pretty confident in his coaching ability on this particular play, though. You must because very informed. Glad we have you here to let us know when a particular play is or isn't the coach's fault, despite having no evidence for it either way.

2 hours ago, Mr. WEO said:

Obviously you didn't watch the game. Neal ran into McKenzie on the punt causing the muff. How can you defend Crossman with a straight face.  He's sucked for 2 years. We've gone through 3 punters and Hauschka is basically the only redeeming part of a horrible ST.

42 minutes ago, MPT said:

Yeah sorry to burst your bubble but I don't read all your posts. Like I said, all you told me was that Crossman was not responsible for that play. Perhaps he should have drilled that lesson home before it happened on the field. Perhaps he did and McKenzie still mucked it up. But I'm not arrogant enough to pretend to know what he's been coaching in practice. That's why I said "if" to begin with. You seem pretty confident in his coaching ability on this particular play, though. You must because very informed. Glad we have you here to let us know when a particular play is or isn't the coach's fault, despite having no evidence for it either way.

Because it's a basic play. He's supposed to yell out.  He didn't--and not because his coach never told him to.

31 minutes ago, LABILLBACKER said:

Obviously you didn't watch the game. Neal ran into McKenzie on the punt causing the muff. How can you defend Crossman with a straight face.  He's sucked for 2 years. We've gone through 3 punters and Hauschka is basically the only redeeming part of a horrible ST.

Obviously you aren't reading any of the posts above.

Yes, Neal ran into McKenzie---we all got that.  And I'm not "defending" Crossman.  This muff was on his players  inability to execute a simple play properly.

Edited by Mr. WEO

3 hours ago, Rc2catch said:

That fumble wasn’t really on him. Tripping at the goal on the kickoff was quite silly though. 

What concerns me the most is they get a penalty every single return. It’s on the players to stop getting these stupid penalties but something is not working with his unit 

When these things happen with various players the commonality is the coach- Crossman should of been gone last year yet he still remains.