Was Baker Mayfield a DOUCHE Yesterday?

I vote for dooshy.  I don't give a crap about Hue but for someone who has been in the league for basically 5 minutes i think Baker has to keep his attitude in check and not make public pronouncements about coaches, play calling and organizational stuff.   Hue went in for the postgame hug, Mayfield blew him off, OK leave it at that.  Don't make the snarky comments at the presser and continue it on social media.  

7 minutes ago, Mark80 said:

Yesterday (well, Sunday)?  Mayfield is a douche every day.  That attitude is a lot of what I like about him and what Cleveland desperately needs.  Especially if he can back it up with his play.

Unfortunately they don't play Cincinnati every week.  Let's see how big mouth and the brownies do this weekend when they travel to Houston and play a real team.  JJ Watt and Clowney are surely going to introduce themselves to young Mr. Mayfield.  

Compare this to how our young QB handled himself in the PC after the Jags game when asked about Ramsey's comments. I prefer the classy manner in which Josh Allen handled himself.

Also, I suspect that the Browns current douche of a head coach -- the beloved GGG -- probably helps to propagate this sort of behavior with the players, rather than to caution them about making sensational public statements.

Edited by 2003Contenders

10 hours ago, 4merper4mer said:

Jackson participated in selecting Mayfield #1 overall.  Hasn't that earned him "if you can't say something nice about someone don't say anything at all" status?  

Winners don't blame others for doing a lesser job and take jabs at them.  Immature people do that.

BS. Hue Jackson threw his players, assistant coaches and front office under the bus repeatedly to cover his own ineptitude. That includes revising history and outright lying.  For example, Sashi wanted Wentz at 2 and Hue didn’t.  They traded out for Hue, but that’s not what he put in the media after Wentz blew up. Then there’s all of the crap hue said about players, FO and assistants after he got fired. Baker was restrained. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Personally I prefer Allen’s approach of just shrugging your shoulders and doing your own thing.  Like when Ramsey called trash.

However, this approach has worked for Baker in the past.  He uses that sort of thing as muscle.  He held his own confronting Colin Cowherd over the summer.  He wears his heart on his sleeve.  

4 hours ago, Johnny Hammersticks said:

Wait a minute.  Are you saying that I’m a douche for purposely misspelling Baker’s name in the thread title?  I’ll hang up and listen to your response...

The good thing about the world we live in is everyone can have an opinion. I stick by my opinions usually. You did enough for the board to get a discussion going, and that's really what matters at the end of the day. It doesn't matter what I said. I'm sure that's what you are thinking on your side.

• Haha (+1) 1

Personally love it.   Hue is still making money from the Browns, and probably should have waited until a new coaching staff was in Cleveland before accepting a new job, especially within the division.  He didnt take the job because he needs the money, he took it because he was trying to stick it to the Browns for firing him, even though they held on to him longer than he deserved.

Anyone going on about how Baker is a jerk, better have a real positive opinion of St. Doug, otherwise they are being a bit hypocritical. 

• Haha (+1) 1

4 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

Only when bratty baker says he can and he has to run it by him first to make sure he approves of the team. 

Hue handled things in a Hue-ish way. Baker is justified to hold whatever grudge he wants about his time with Hue, but there is zero reason to be so publically petty and childish. Not everything in life is all about him but he doesn’t seem to get that. 

I get that, but most 23 years olds don't see the world isn't about them. After the game he shook Hue's hand. Made a verbal jab or two. Not really a huge deal to me. I'd be prone to agree if Baker is still making comments like that when they play again in a few weeks.

4 hours ago, Johnny Hammersticks said:

Wait a minute.  Are you saying that I’m a douche for purposely misspelling Baker’s name in the thread title?  I’ll hang up and listen to your response...

I mean, c'mon man.  How hard is it to capitalize the "D" and add an "-ouche" instead of an "-oosh"? I gotta agree... if you're gonna use his full name at least spell it right.

4 minutes ago, transient said:

I mean, c'mon man.  How hard is it to capitalize the "D" and add an "-ouche" instead of an "-oosh"? I gotta agree... if you're gonna use his full name at least spell it right.

I was just trying to be humorous.  Sorry to have ruined your day.

Edit:  There...I fixed the thread title.  Are we good now?

Edited by Johnny Hammersticks

2 minutes ago, Johnny Hammersticks said:

I was just trying to be humorous.  Sorry to have ruined your day.

On the contrary, seeing you change it to all caps just made my day.  The only thing that would have made me laugh harder would have been seeing you change the thread title to simply "Baker DOUCHE Mayfield"... which we all know would have earned you a [Vague Thread Title] award despite the relative specificity of the thread. :lol: