Bills vs. Jets Postgame and Bye Week News

26CornerBlitz

1 minute ago, transplantbillsfan said:

I actually don't know. This will be an interesting decision for McDermott.

The only thing that absolutely must happen is Peterman must be cut.

Easy decision with Allen's development the most important thing in 2018. 

• Like (+1) 1

46 minutes ago, BillsFan4 said:

Great win! 

I may actually be able to visit/post in the football section of this forum now (well, for this week anyway...). I’ve been hiding over in the Sabres thread. lol 

I've been hiding in PPP! Think about what that says about this forum.  ?

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

So when did Daboll finally decide to become aggressive and creative???

when did the O-line finally decide to protect, and run-block?

why did it take so long to realize that Benjamin sucks out loud, and target Foster?

Im not complaining, just wondering.

GREAT win.  I think we’ve found our QB in Barkley.

So long, Nate.

• Like (+1) 1

22 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

Considering they believed it was best to have him sit and learn to start the season and only forced him into action cause Peterman threw up all over himself in Baltimore, it's not an easy decision.

Throw in the fact that he can probably pack up his office and expect to be gone at the end of this year after losing g the lockerroom if he doesnt start Barkley after the game he had today. Does anyone really expect there to be a player on that field who will be happy that they fi alot look like an NFL offence, and the coach goes back to the rookie because the fans want to see what they have and think it's impossible for him to get better by not playing?

• Like (+1) 1

27 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

Although the Oline looked decent today, would it be better to let Allen watch from the sideline? Barkley has been in the NFL longer and knows defenses better than Josh. Couldn't his development benefit from watching Matt?

2 minutes ago, apuszczalowski said:

Considering they believed it was best to have him sit and learn to start the season and only forced him into action cause Peterman threw up all over himself in Baltimore, it's not an easy decision.

Throw in the fact that he can probably pack up his office and expect to be gone at the end of this year after losing g the lockerroom if he doesnt start Barkley after the game he had today. Does anyone really expect there to be a player on that field who will be happy that they fi alot look like an NFL offence, and the coach goes back to the rookie because the fans want to see what they have and think it's impossible for him to get better by not playing?

That was then, this is now.  He was pretty close to starting today. 

1 minute ago, the skycap said:

Although the Oline looked decent today, would it be better to let Allen watch from the sideline? Barkley has been in the NFL longer and knows defenses better than Josh. Couldn't his development benefit from watching Matt?

Learn by doing and at 3-7 it's time to get back on the horse. 

1 hour ago, PromoTheRobot said:

http://forums.theganggreen.com/threads/2018-nfl-season-week-10-jets-vs-bills.91453/page-29

Meanwhile they are collecting pitchforks and torches for Bowles at GangGreen.

Thanks for the laughs Promo!

My favorite.

Should we bring Rex back?

donkey and AlexJETS like this.

1 hour ago, FLFan said:

Not even a question.  Barkley may have played himself into a backup job, but Allen plays the rest of the way.

How many backup QBs lead their team to 41 points with this supporting cast? Against any defense, let alone a top 10 defense. It's definitely possible we just surprised a poorly coached team and Barkley will regress to backup level. I'm just saying I'd rather know for sure. After two more weeks practicing as the starter what if he comes out and does the same thing to the Jaguars?

56 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

I don't think it's an easy decision, but I can honestly say I'll be excited and perfectly fine with either of the 2 decisions McDermott has in front of him.

Remember, it's obvious the Bills wanted Allen to sit this year. What they bungled was who they brought in at QB to start while Allen sat on the bench.

What I think happens is Barkley starts until we lose and Allen's injury is used as the excuse.

But I'm happy either way.

Just now, transplantbillsfan said:

I don't think it's an easy decision, but I can honestly say I'll be excited and perfectly fine with either of the 2 decisions McDermott has in front of him.

Remember, it's obvious the Bills wanted Allen to sit this year. What they bungled was who they brought in at QB to start while Allen sat on the bench.

What I think happens is Barkley starts until we lose and Allen's injury is used as the excuse.

I don't see a downside to sticking with Barkley. If he goes out and stinks against the Jags, oh well, go to Allen for the rest of the year. It's a lot easier to do that than the other way around. And I would argue he just had our best QB performance of the season so far. Until someone proves they are the franchise QB we should be trying anything that looks like it might work. 

8 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

How many backup QBs lead their team to 41 points with this supporting cast? Against any defense, let alone a top 10 defense. It's definitely possible we just surprised a poorly coached team and Barkley will regress to backup level. I'm just saying I'd rather know for sure. After two more weeks practicing as the starter what if he comes out and does the same thing to the Jaguars?

It is not only possible that we surprised a poorly coached team, and that Barkley will regress to back up level, it is a virtual certainty.  He has been in this league for six years and has had a few good games.  He has also been with six different teams for a reason.  He did not suddenly become something he is not after 1 week with the Bills.  Allen is the QB of this team and needs to play.

Edited by FLFan
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 3

19 minutes ago, Coach Tuesday said:

Yeah wtf with that tipped pass?  I’ve never disliked a player this much - he is a DOG.

I now have a much lower opinion of him as he is something that exited a dogs posterior and now sits in a steaming pile on the ground.

To think that this player is in a contract year...

Edited by Nihilarian

5 minutes ago, transplantbillsfan said:

You can't use his injury as an excuse no one would believe it he almost started today no way anyone buys they're still worried about his injury two weeks later. The team is 3-7 this is exactly when you would start him if he had been sat behind a guy.

5 minutes ago, FLFan said:

It is not only possible that we surprised a poorly coached team, and that Barkley will regress to back up level, it is a virtual certainty.  He has been in this league for six years and has had a few good games.  He has also been with six different teams for a reason.  He did not suddenly become something he is not after 1 week with the Bills.  Allen is the QB of this team and needs to play.

You're probably right. I would rather know for sure. 20 years without a franchise QB and we get a guy off the street that scores 41 points after 11 days with the team, and fans are ready to bench him so we can get our rookie QB in one game earlier. What's the rush? Mahomes sat his entire rookie year until the final week. It didn't ruin his development. The truth is Allen hasn't shown enough where I can confidently say he would have done what Barkley did today. He hasn't earned anything yet. Barkley earned another start IMO. This season can be experimental. There is nothing we can lose.

27 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

Jets defense was tied for #21 at the start of today's game. It doesn't minimize the fact that Barkley played well but I just wanted to point that out.

30 minutes ago, transplantbillsfan said:

IMO this only works if Allen is a robot.  But from his comments the last week he's chomping at the bit to play.  There will be an emotional toll on the guy if McDermott plays games with Allen over whether he'll be starting in 2 weeks.

The Bills lost the luxury to sit Allen this year because of the GM & coaches screw-up during the off season.  That's water under the bridge now.  But I believe that if they now play head games with Allen and try to use his injury as an excuse to not play him they are potentially doubling down on their first screw-up.  To realistically have a shot at the playoffs the Bills will likely have to win all 6 of their remaining games.  Do folks actually believe that this is likely or even possible?  If the Bills were even 5 - 5 I would say go with the hot hand.  But at 3 - 7 you start Allen and begin the development/evaluation process in earnest.

• Like (+1) 2

Zay Jones: "My Mindset Was to Do the Best I Can" (2:56)

Bills Wide Receiver Zay Jones spoke after the game about his performance as well as some other guys who stepped up in today's 41-10 win over the New York Jets.

Dion Dawkins: "Positivity Kept us Going" (1:46)

Bills Offensive Tackle Dion Dawkins talks about his touchdown reception as well as some other key elements to the Bills 41-10 victory over the Jets.

18 minutes ago, vincec said:

Jets defense was tied for #21 at the start of today's game. It doesn't minimize the fact that Barkley played well but I just wanted to point that out.

What stat are you using? In DVOA they were 7th, YPG they were tied for 13th, PPG they were tied for 15th. Any way you slice it they are at least a little better than average.

3 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

What stat are you using? In DVOA they were 7th, YPG they were tied for 13th, PPG they were tied for 15th. Any way you slice it they are at least a little better than average.

Yardage. http://www.espn.com/nfl/statistics/team/_/stat/total/position/defense

But I agree that they are at probably slightly above average in reality.

Edited by vincec

2 hours ago, BillsEnthusiast said:

The Barkley show was fun, and we might have a damn fine backup, but Allen has to start. It would be folly to expect Barks to keep playing as well as he has. 

I totally agree! Ironically,  those same people who would expect it would turn right around and criticize McB for not going w/allen. Im glad those fans have no say, but often wonder wtf they would do if they were and had to be responsible for their lame takes rather than just simply get to flop to another line of thinking and hope no one notices. Worst Bills fans in a nut shell and its almost like this place collects them;)