Bills vs. Jets Postgame and Bye Week News

26CornerBlitz

49 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

I don't see a downside to sticking with Barkley. If he goes out and stinks against the Jags, oh well, go to Allen for the rest of the year. It's a lot easier to do that than the other way around. And I would argue he just had our best QB performance of the season so far. Until someone proves they are the franchise QB we should be trying anything that looks like it might work. 

Nah, it’s a waste of time, Barkley has been on what, 5 teams, there’s a reason. He’s a backup qb if he was going to be anything more he would of shown it by now. I mean maybe Daboll and McDermott will be the coaches to jntap his potential but doubt it. Start Allen, he litterally needs as many reps as possible. This year is toast so get him ready for next year. 

NFL Week 10 Grades: Unstoppable Saints get an 'A+' for blowout win, Patriots get an 'F' for loss

Buffalo 41-10 over New York Jets

Bills: A+

It looks like all the Bills needed to fix their offensive problems was to play a journeyman quarterback who hadn't started a game in two years. Playing in his first game since 2016, Matt Barkley shredded the Jets defense for 232 yards and two touchdowns. Although he's been on the team for less than two weeks, that was apparently enough time for Barkley to develop some serious chemistry with Robert Foster (three catches, 105 yards) and Zay Jones (eight catches, 93 yards, one touchdown). Barkley got some serious help from a Bills rushing attack that went over 200 yards (212) and a Bills defense that held their opponent under 200 yards (199) for the second straight week, marking the first time since 1999 that a Bills defense has pulled that off. 

Jets: F

This game was a disaster from start to finish for the Jets. For one, their offense went three-and-out on each of the team's first four possessions. After getting their first first down of the game midway through the second quarter, Josh McCown celebrated by throwing an interception a few plays later. McCown only threw for 135 yards and he was sacked three times. The 199 total yards by the Jets marked the first time since 2013 that they were held under 200 yards in a home game.

20 minutes ago, GimmeSomeProcess said:

Nah, it’s a waste of time, Barkley has been on what, 5 teams, there’s a reason. He’s a backup qb if he was going to be anything more he would of shown it by now. I mean maybe Daboll and McDermott will be the coaches to jntap his potential but doubt it. Start Allen, he litterally needs as many reps as possible. This year is toast so get him ready for next year. 

I see it differently.  This offensive showing gave our defense a reason to bring its top effort to the game.  I would hate to see McDermott lose the D in the locker room so ride this wave until Barkely comes crashing to earth or the Bills are formally eliminated from the post season.  Ideally Allen coming back onto the field would happen with maybe 3 weeks left to the season to get his feet good and wet.

Edited by RochesterRob

3 minutes ago, KennyDavisEyes said:

I was screaming at the TV on this one.

Never seen a guy care less than he does.

I watched the game with a rabid FSU fan and on that play he just said "that looks familiar". KB has got to go. Send him packing with Nate.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Sad 1

Is it more important for Allen to get as much work and as many live reps as possible?  Even at the expense of the offense taking a step back from what it was Sunday?  Did he see and learn enough in his time away that he can keep it going as well as Barkley did if he does play?  Or does Barkley’s performance warrant him staring because he gives the team “the best chance to win?”  Does starting Barkley allow Allen to sit and watch and learn more or hinder his development if he doesn’t see the field against a live defense?

3 hours ago, transplantbillsfan said:

I actually don't know. This will be an interesting decision for McDermott.

The only thing that absolutely must happen is Peterman must be cut.

Take a page from the NHL. When a goalie is on a shutout streak, you ride him. Same here. Let Barkley play till he loses one. It won't hurt Allen to watch some good veteran QB play for a while.  Besides you owe it to the locker room. If you mean it when you say you aren't tanking, then prove it.

Edited by PromoTheRobot
  • Like (+1) 3

3 hours ago, HappyDays said:

I don't see a downside to sticking with Barkley. If he goes out and stinks against the Jags, oh well, go to Allen for the rest of the year. It's a lot easier to do that than the other way around. And I would argue he just had our best QB performance of the season so far. Until someone proves they are the franchise QB we should be trying anything that looks like it might work. 

Agreed.

• Like (+1) 1

EAST RUTHERFORD, N.J. (AP) — Matt Barkley stunningly sparked Buffalo's bumbling offense with two touchdown passes, including one to offensive tackle Dion Dawkins. LeSean McCoy broke out of a season-long slump with 113 yards rushing and a pair of TD runs, and the Bills embarrassed the New York Jets 41-10 on Sunday.

Barkley made his first start in nearly two years, and looked the best of any of the four quarterbacks the Bills (3-7) have trotted out this season. The 28-year-old journeyman was 15 of 25 for 232 yards while helping Buffalo snap a four-game losing streak as the Bills put up 451 yards of total offense.

Barkley got the nod from coach Sean McDermott ahead of the ineffective Nathan Peterman despite having just two weeks of practice with the Bills since signing on Oct. 30. Rookie Josh Allen has missed four straight games with a sprained right elbow, and Derek Anderson is sidelined with a concussion. Barkley's last start came in the 2016 season finale for Chicago.

5 hours ago, Warcodered said:

You can't use his injury as an excuse no one would believe it he almost started today no way anyone buys they're still worried about his injury two weeks later. The team is 3-7 this is exactly when you would start him if he had been sat behind a guy.

You're exaggerating.

You could easily still sell starting Barkley. 

But the moment we lose 1 more game you can't anymore.

So it's a question of where McBeane thinks Allen's development is served best: on the field or on the bench...

and the answer there isn't obvious.

4 minutes ago, transplantbillsfan said:

You're exaggerating.

You could easily still sell starting Barkley. 

But the moment we lose 1 more game you can't anymore.

So it's a question of where McBeane thinks Allen's development is served best: on the field or on the bench...

and the answer there isn't obvious.

On ‎11‎/‎10‎/‎2018 at 12:49 PM, transplantbillsfan said:

About my guess, too, though I'd put it at more like 58%, 40% and 2%.

McDermott's comments this week tell me he's pretty much done with Peterman.

You're saying that from yesterday when you thought there was a 58% chance of Allen starting that it's believable that he's still out two weeks from now due to that injury?

Also it kind of is obvious at some point a player has to learn from being on the field and the last 6 games of a 3-7 season is a perfect time for that.

7 hours ago, Chicken Boo said:

Direct TV offered Sunnday Ticket Max for free this weekend. 

I missed this entire performance while helping my girlfriend's family member move. 

Moral of the story:  No good deed goes unpunished.

Those dix wish I had known that I would have taped different games.

53 minutes ago, Warcodered said:

You're saying that from yesterday when you thought there was a 58% chance of Allen starting that it's believable that he's still out two weeks from now due to that injury?

Also it kind of is obvious at some point a player has to learn from being on the field and the last 6 games of a 3-7 season is a perfect time for that.

If Barkley sucked today, I would have put Allen starting after the bye at 99%.

Now it's 49% Allen vs 51% Barkley.

Sorry, but I think Barkley could very easily be the hot hand McBeane so desired at the beginning of the year to let Allen ride the pine and learn while another QB helps the team win some games. And honestly, McDermott would have more to justify to his hard working players if he benches the guy who just had the best QB performance this team may have had in the last 2 years for Allen.

Allen's the future, obviously. But I think maybe you ride the hot hand until you have 8 losses on the season.

• Like (+1) 2

3 hours ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

we don't always see eye to eye ,but wanted to let you know I really appreciate all the links you provide about the teams, really adds to the enjoyment of this site and gaining information.

19 minutes ago, Warcodered said:

I heard it had something to do with Pancho Billa.

That's cool, surprised there hasn't been more on it.

5 hours ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

Is it more important for Allen to get as much work and as many live reps as possible?  Even at the expense of the offense taking a step back from what it was Sunday?  Did he see and learn enough in his time away that he can keep it going as well as Barkley did if he does play?  Or does Barkley’s performance warrant him staring because he gives the team “the best chance to win?”  Does starting Barkley allow Allen to sit and watch and learn more or hinder his development if he doesn’t see the field against a live defense?

with Sal saying some players could get cut or sat down , sounds like Benjamin is on thiiiiin ice.

• Like (+1) 1

8 hours ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

That was then, this is now.  He was pretty close to starting today. 

But, not as close by the end of the day, eh?

I don't think Allen starting vs, the Jags is a certainty at all. I believe they will be evaluating both QBs throughout the bye. If the question comes down to who gives them the best chance to win, the answer would probably be Barkley. Why would we assume that McD doesn't want to win games? Sure, Allen's development is important. The argument has also frequently been made that it would be better for his development for him to sit for a season.

Starting Barkley vs. the Jags is not a difficult decision to make.

2 hours ago, Rocky Landing said:

But, not as close by the end of the day, eh?

I don't think Allen starting vs, the Jags is a certainty at all. I believe they will be evaluating both QBs throughout the bye. If the question comes down to who gives them the best chance to win, the answer would probably be Barkley. Why would we assume that McD doesn't want to win games? Sure, Allen's development is important. The argument has also frequently been made that it would be better for his development for him to sit for a season.

Starting Barkley vs. the Jags is not a difficult decision to make.

3-7.  That's why you saw so many young players on the field against the NYJ and it's why it makes sense for Allen to play. 

Bills Today: McCoy: That Big Monkey is Off My Back

f1ylsgeo2mzdm9nm97xh.jpg

Edited by 26CornerBlitz

4 hours ago, Buffalo Barbarian said:

If KB was as good as Dimarco he would be a number one WR

Anyone know what Zay had on his towel ?

I thought I read somewhere it was related to pancho billa. 

5 hours ago, Buffalo Barbarian said:

If KB was as good as Dimarco he would be a number one WR

Anyone know what Zay had on his towel ?

It said Poncho.

it was on his Instagram.

Edited by Rochesterfan
  • Like (+1) 1

27 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

Pretty exciting if Wallace can be a legit starting CB.

So odd this season though that so many players have gone from PS/obscurity one game to starting the next.  Has to be some kind of unofficial NFL record.

Just now, stevewin said:

Pretty exciting if Wallace can be a legit starting CB.

So odd this season though that so many players have gone from PS/obscurity one game to starting the next.  Has to be some kind of unofficial NFL record.

Good to see Wallace get a chance, but the secondary didn't face much of a challenge in the NYJ passing offense yesterday with Robbie Anderson out and the Bills' DL pressuring McCown all game long.

Attribute the call ups to a thin roster.

Todd Bowles Needs to Go After Humiliating Loss Reveals Depth of Jets' Demise

the loss to the Bills on Sunday will go down as one of the most terrible, disgraceful, putrid and unforgivable in team history.

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2805564-todd-bowles-needs-to-go-after-humiliating-loss-reveals-depth-of-jets-demise?utm_source=cnn.com&utm_medium=referral&utm_campaign=editorial

?