Kyle William's...my gut tells me he comes back.

Hebert19

On 11/10/2018 at 8:23 AM, H2o said:

Kyle is the epitome of the consummate professional. He has worked his tail off and been here for what seems like forever. I think his run is at it's end. I highly doubt he returns next season, though I would not mind in any way if he did return. I could see him ending up working for one of the sports networks as an analyst of some sort. 

...agree.....despite no championships, go out on a career high note with his health in tact......no need to risk major injury or embarrassment next year.....he's a winner.............

On 11/9/2018 at 6:53 PM, K-9 said:

How is that manifesting? Snap count and stat wise, he’s still producing at his career averages. 

I think it's been brought up here before that stats don't tell the story for DL and especially for DTs.  It's pretty apparent for people who watch him carefully that he's lost a step both in ability to stuff guys and ability to pursue and penetrate.  He's still very good, don't get me wrong, and he's looking better this year for the people around him.

9 hours ago, Ned Kelly said:

Would someone like Kyle have much input regarding his replacement?

ie.  Curious...Does anyone know if it is un/common to seek the advice of veteran players regarding potential draft picks/replacements or who they want alongside them?

Potential draft picks, no.  You want your guys prepping for the next team during the season, not watching college film. 

Players who are already on the team, perhaps.

• Thank you (+1) 1

Everyone loves him and he was a very good longtime Bill but it won’t really matter either way. We have good interior guys behind him that are younger, cheaper and better against the run. The Bills FO probably hopes he doesn’t want to play because im sure they want to see 99 and I’m sure they don’t want to be the reason Kyle isn’t back. 

On 11/9/2018 at 7:54 PM, BuffaloBillies said:

D line asst coach.  I bet he'd do it. 

Eh, I think he is at the point that he is wanting to plow some acres.

With his barn full of top shelf farm toys, Be with his kids, and his health appearing to be good.

Most likely he wants too move on. Who can blame him.

One of the greatest Bills ever. Someday, He will lead the charge to a standing ovation, and be on the wall ASAP.

6 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

I think it's been brought up here before that stats don't tell the story for DL and especially for DTs.  It's pretty apparent for people who watch him carefully that he's lost a step both in ability to stuff guys and ability to pursue and penetrate.  He's still very good, don't get me wrong, and he's looking better this year for the people around him.

I couldn’t agree more that stats don’t tell the story, especially for DTs. That’s why I asked the question: how is a fall off in play manifesting itself in KW’s game? Is he weaker at the POA? Is he losing the leverage battles more frequently? I just don’t detect much of a fall off, if any at all. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

I don't see why not. His play isn't decaying too bad and he's a perfect fit for the defense. Plus, gives another year for Harrison Phillips to develop.

I'd imagine he'd want to try for 1 more post season go. A 1 year deal sounds about right.

Edited by mozillameister

I love Meatball and watching him play,he exceeded all expectations for a 5th round pick.

That said I hope he hangs up the cleats at the end of the year.

They preserve his body by giving him  lots of off days and only 1 or 2 practices a week.

I want him to leave the game on his terms and I think it will be at the end of this season.

On 11/9/2018 at 6:55 PM, Binghamton Beast said:

He’s done.

He has had a fine year but that position has grinded up and spit out men much younger.

Time to enjoy his family.

Yes. He started one more year to tutor younger players like Harrison Phillips. They will take over next year.